Ratings for Dr. Adrian Beukes

Sat morning I took my mom in for a bad cough & to check her iron levels. She is a type 2 diabetic. Dr checked her blood pressure & promptly drew a vile of blood to check her iron. Gave her an exercise to assist her in alleviating her dizziness when she lies down. Then went to his desk & proceded to write her perscription. I reminded him of her cough & chest, "oh yes!" he says & he added a cough mixture to her perscription??? This is now without looking at her throat or even listening to her 'chest or back' as I thought ALL Dr's should. We get a call on Monday morning her blood test results are back & the Dr would like to see her. He opens her file & reads the results, colesterole is perfect her liver function is great but her sugar is too high??? Hang on, we asked for her IRON to be checked where are the results? 'Uhmmm' Dr says, 'I dont see them here?' Discovered a week later they were never done? We have now moved on to a Doctor that actually listens & is interested in his patients.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014