Ratings for Dr. Grant Ayling

Dr Ayling is the best doctor I know! He loses stars for punctuality, but it’s because he doesn’t rush you and truly cares - so it’s worth it. I couldn’t have had such a good outcome with my daughters birth without him. I admire his knowledge and appreciate his genuine support and care.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2018

The only reason he gets low punctuality scores is because he takes his time with patients because he genuinely cares. The best doctor I’ve ever had. Don’t know what I’ll do when he retires. He was my mother’s doctor and he delivered me as a baby and I’ve gone to him my whole life. Not enough words to describe his amazing ability.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

Grant Ayling has been my Doctor for 19 years. I actually moved to langley 17 years ago, but continue to make the drive in to see him, as he is simply the best. He truly cares, he truly listens, and he has a great ability to make you feel at ease., no matter the situation. He actually called me at home on a Sunday morning because my blood work results had shown that my iron level was 'uncomfortably low'. Yes, wait times are waaay too long, but the staff are happy to tell you how far behind they are., so you can plan accordingly. The truth is, there are not enough doctors, and hardly any seeing new patients, so we wait. But he's worth it😉

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr Ayling for 20 yrs plus. He is a not only a knowledgeable doctor in many aspects and great at maternity and delivery, but also very caring and willing to think outside the box and provide reference where to go for answers he cannot determine. Yes there are wait times to see him, and you have to be patient when waiting , but well worth the wait.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

Dr Ayling is a Wonderful Doctor , I was refered to him for my maternity , had complications with my daughter and always felt safe in Dr Aylings hands. He was always available on call even meeting me late on a Saturday night at womans to diagnose a kidney stone when I was pregnant. He is worth every minute if you have to wait . He is the voice of Calm and Reason!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

I can't believe all these positive reviews. Yes, Grant Ayling used to be a great doctor before he took on a patient load that he can't even come close to handling. Impossible to make an appointment with him and when you do he is always late...and I mean like really late... 1.5 hours waiting is no exaggeration. Once you get in the office he only will discuss 1 issue and in less than 10-15 minutes your out! Oh and BTW he is the slowest typer ever and spends most of the 10-15 minutes during the appointment pecking at the keyboard with one finger. Terrible follow up (more like non existent and just not worth the time and effort. Ayling actually posted a letter to his patients basically saying if you don't like waiting or only bringing up 1 issue per visit then go find another doctor. Of course no doctors are taking any patients so Ayling is basically just plain arrogant. He has become a master at making as much money as possible in the least amount of time from a massive unmanageable patient load. It about time for Grant Ayling and Westcoast Family Practice to get their act together and stop exploiting their patients!

Submitted June 26, 2017

He has been our family doctor for years. He is always very calm, caring, and very professional. We never feel being rushed although we know lots of patients waiting for him behind us. We are lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Dr. Ayling has been my physician for over 20 years. I understand the concerns re: wait times, but his staff are always happy to advise how far behind he is running, so I time my visits accordingly. I have been the benefactor of his care in emergent circumstances and it is his committment to patients who are in dire straits that often results in his lateness. Even after moving to White Rock, I continue to see Dr. Ayling. He is fabulous.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Dr. Ayling is a really nice guy and extremely knowledgeable. However, over time I have grown to dislike the way he runs his business, as the wait times are terrible (3+ hrs even with an appt!), and the sheer amount of patients he sees means important health information regarding individual follow ups slips through the cracks. My Dad also sees Dr. Ayling, and requires constant check ups d/t cancer concerns. After a colonoscopy that was red flagged, Dr. Ayling's office failed to call him with a referral, and my Dad did not find out that this was an issue until months later, when he went in for a routine check up! (OOPS!) I also work in health care and realize that GPs are completely saturated with patients, however, if it negatively affects patient's health, and mistakes are made, then I find it unacceptable. Dr. Ayling needs to cut back on patients to provide overall better care.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

He's been our family doctor for 15 years, we moved around the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley, but we refused to change to a doctor that would be closer to us. We love the fact that he takes his time to listen to his patients and works with them on their issues and concerns. He helped me delivered my second child, and he let us lead the process. It was as good as a my first midwife in Toronto. He's an excellent human being.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017