Ratings for Dr. Grant Ayling

Grant Ayling has been my GP for more than 30 years for a reason. He is a caring, attentive, well organized, wonderful professional. This begs the question then... Why has he chosen to align his practice with Highroads Medical Clinic, who's staff's attitude seems to infer, "You are lucky that we speak to you"? I long for the days when Grant's practice was at West Coast Family Practice and the longest my appointment was ever delayed was an hour. My most recent appointment at Highroads Medical Clinic was delayed by two and a half hours. Then the receptionist slid one more patient in ahead of me for a delay of another half hour. This three hour delay was caused to a large degree because the office staff double booked Grant's appointments three times before my appointment at 10:15! After my appointment was finished, and I asked the receptionist, if next time there are three double bookings ahead of my appointment, would it be possible to call me to advise me to expect a long delay, and perhaps to not leave from my work to time my arrival three hours before I would be seen. The first response was that I should have called them before leaving from work, a laughable suggestion, having been thwarted many times trying to navigate the phone system, perfectly designed to keep callers at bay. The second response was heartfelt, and too personal to share on this platform. Unfortunately, it seems that my huge respect for Grant the Physician, and my frustration with his practice is a common theme with his patients. I wish I didn't have to write this review.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

This is a walk-in practice for adults and non-emergency patients, so I totally understand the "punctuality concerns" raised by others. With this in mind, Dr Ayling is well worth the wait - he is a fantastic family GP and pediatrician! I am comfortable "risking" my health and the health of my babies/children with Dr Ayling. I can't say enough good things about him to do him justice! Than you for the last 8 years!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

I would agree with the previous comment. I as well have been a patient of Dr.Ayling for a number of years and for the most part have found him to be an excellent doctor. However, I am concerned that the very long waits and schedule delays ( in some cases over 2 hours) along with the frenzied admin staff is ultimately going to lead to mishaps. There are just too many patients under his care!!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

I love Dr. Ayling. Been with him for 21 years. However the gatekeeper mentality of his office staff and the lousy booking system of walkins (and seeing someone different every time) or calling in the morning for a same day appointment (that rarely happens) has turned me off. I'm hoping with the move to new premises and working in a new clinic setting that things will improve. I really don't like the approach of his staff as if they are doing you a favour and the verbal shaming concerning your ability to fit into last minute scheduling. I long for the days when you could make an appointment and show up on that day and time. Before, when there was something urgent, that is when you called that morning or walked in. For some reason it is felt that scrambling to get an appointment the same day for something you could plan around with a proper appointment made in advance (eg prescriptions, chronic issues requiring followup, specialist appt followup), is good patient service. It is not. With reluctance, if things do not improve with their move I will be seeking a new physician.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Dr. Ayling is an exceptional Dr. and I am so very grateful to have had him as my Dr. for many years He is kind, thoughtful & incredibly knowledgable and I so appreciate his wisdom.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

A very caring and gifted Doctor, excellent with Maternity and babes.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

Dr. Ayling is so kind, compassionate and very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

Dr. Grant Ayling has been my doctor and now my family doctor since we moved to Vancouver almost 10 years ago. Dr. Ayling is a beautiful man who is experienced, compassionate, patient and attentive. He is a great doctor to both my husband, myself and our daughter. He is worth the wait for sure. Our family would not be intact and flourishing without this amazing person. Thank you Dr. Ayling!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Dr Ayling is how family doctors used to be. He is very caring, helpful, and takes his time with patients. He makes you feel comfortable and not rushed. There need to be more family doctors like Dr. Ayling.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

We have had Dr. Ayling as our family doctor for 27 years. He is the doctor for 4 generations of our family! So, he knows our family well! He delivered 2 of our 3 children. Amazing, gentle, kind man and totally professional. His specialist referrals are excellent. His advice his thoughtful and often life-saving. Thank you Dr. Ayling!!!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015