Ratings for Dr. Grant Ayling

I love Dr. Ayling. Been with him for 21 years. However the gatekeeper mentality of his office staff and the lousy booking system of walkins (and seeing someone different every time) or calling in the morning for a same day appointment (that rarely happens) has turned me off. I'm hoping with the move to new premises and working in a new clinic setting that things will improve. I really don't like the approach of his staff as if they are doing you a favour and the verbal shaming concerning your ability to fit into last minute scheduling. I long for the days when you could make an appointment and show up on that day and time. Before, when there was something urgent, that is when you called that morning or walked in. For some reason it is felt that scrambling to get an appointment the same day for something you could plan around with a proper appointment made in advance (eg prescriptions, chronic issues requiring followup, specialist appt followup), is good patient service. It is not. With reluctance, if things do not improve with their move I will be seeking a new physician.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Dr. Ayling is an exceptional Dr. and I am so very grateful to have had him as my Dr. for many years He is kind, thoughtful & incredibly knowledgable and I so appreciate his wisdom.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

A very caring and gifted Doctor, excellent with Maternity and babes.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

Dr. Ayling is so kind, compassionate and very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

Dr. Grant Ayling has been my doctor and now my family doctor since we moved to Vancouver almost 10 years ago. Dr. Ayling is a beautiful man who is experienced, compassionate, patient and attentive. He is a great doctor to both my husband, myself and our daughter. He is worth the wait for sure. Our family would not be intact and flourishing without this amazing person. Thank you Dr. Ayling!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Dr Ayling is how family doctors used to be. He is very caring, helpful, and takes his time with patients. He makes you feel comfortable and not rushed. There need to be more family doctors like Dr. Ayling.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

We have had Dr. Ayling as our family doctor for 27 years. He is the doctor for 4 generations of our family! So, he knows our family well! He delivered 2 of our 3 children. Amazing, gentle, kind man and totally professional. His specialist referrals are excellent. His advice his thoughtful and often life-saving. Thank you Dr. Ayling!!!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

A wholesome professional, an outstanding person, great physisian

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

Dr. Grant Ayling is in a class unto himself. He was recommended to us by the Pilot Midwifery Program back in 1993. I was told he was considered to be the best "midwife " male doctor by the midwifery community. In deed he is. He is highly respected by his colleagues in all areas of medicine. I was sorry to loose him as a when we moved from Vancouver, he wouldn't agree to come with us (yes we asked!) He gave you the time you needed. I never felt rushed and so didn't mind when he ran behind. All his patience just knew someone was like them and needed his time. Anyone that complained were quickly quietened by other more appreciative patience. Rarely, did I ever hear a complaint. We miss him and think of him fondly. It gives me such pleasure to be able to write this rating. He truly is the BEST! God Bless him and his family. Louise Buckley.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

I'm sure that most of his patients would readily agree that they are willing to wait for Dr. Ayling because he will give you all the care, attention and council you require; the man is in the very upper echelon of his profession. He's been our family doctor for over 25 years and delivered my two children, including one in the early hours of a Christmas morning. Amazing fellow.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

Dr. Grant Ayling's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.