Ratings for Dr. Grant Ayling

Grant Ayling has been my Doctor for 19 years. I actually moved to langley 17 years ago, but continue to make the drive in to see him, as he is simply the best. He truly cares, he truly listens, and he has a great ability to make you feel at ease., no matter the situation. He actually called me at home on a Sunday morning because my blood work results had shown that my iron level was 'uncomfortably low'. Yes, wait times are waaay too long, but the staff are happy to tell you how far behind they are., so you can plan accordingly. The truth is, there are not enough doctors, and hardly any seeing new patients, so we wait. But he's worth it😉

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr Ayling for 20 yrs plus. He is a not only a knowledgeable doctor in many aspects and great at maternity and delivery, but also very caring and willing to think outside the box and provide reference where to go for answers he cannot determine. Yes there are wait times to see him, and you have to be patient when waiting , but well worth the wait.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

Dr Ayling is a Wonderful Doctor , I was refered to him for my maternity , had complications with my daughter and always felt safe in Dr Aylings hands. He was always available on call even meeting me late on a Saturday night at womans to diagnose a kidney stone when I was pregnant. He is worth every minute if you have to wait . He is the voice of Calm and Reason!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

I can't believe all these positive reviews. Yes, Grant Ayling used to be a great doctor before he took on a patient load that he can't even come close to handling. Impossible to make an appointment with him and when you do he is always late...and I mean like really late... 1.5 hours waiting is no exaggeration. Once you get in the office he only will discuss 1 issue and in less than 10-15 minutes your out! Oh and BTW he is the slowest typer ever and spends most of the 10-15 minutes during the appointment pecking at the keyboard with one finger. Terrible follow up (more like non existent and just not worth the time and effort. Ayling actually posted a letter to his patients basically saying if you don't like waiting or only bringing up 1 issue per visit then go find another doctor. Of course no doctors are taking any patients so Ayling is basically just plain arrogant. He has become a master at making as much money as possible in the least amount of time from a massive unmanageable patient load. It about time for Grant Ayling and Westcoast Family Practice to get their act together and stop exploiting their patients!

Submitted June 26, 2017

He has been our family doctor for years. He is always very calm, caring, and very professional. We never feel being rushed although we know lots of patients waiting for him behind us. We are lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Dr. Ayling has been my physician for over 20 years. I understand the concerns re: wait times, but his staff are always happy to advise how far behind he is running, so I time my visits accordingly. I have been the benefactor of his care in emergent circumstances and it is his committment to patients who are in dire straits that often results in his lateness. Even after moving to White Rock, I continue to see Dr. Ayling. He is fabulous.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Dr. Ayling is a really nice guy and extremely knowledgeable. However, over time I have grown to dislike the way he runs his business, as the wait times are terrible (3+ hrs even with an appt!), and the sheer amount of patients he sees means important health information regarding individual follow ups slips through the cracks. My Dad also sees Dr. Ayling, and requires constant check ups d/t cancer concerns. After a colonoscopy that was red flagged, Dr. Ayling's office failed to call him with a referral, and my Dad did not find out that this was an issue until months later, when he went in for a routine check up! (OOPS!) I also work in health care and realize that GPs are completely saturated with patients, however, if it negatively affects patient's health, and mistakes are made, then I find it unacceptable. Dr. Ayling needs to cut back on patients to provide overall better care.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

He's been our family doctor for 15 years, we moved around the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley, but we refused to change to a doctor that would be closer to us. We love the fact that he takes his time to listen to his patients and works with them on their issues and concerns. He helped me delivered my second child, and he let us lead the process. It was as good as a my first midwife in Toronto. He's an excellent human being.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Grant Ayling has been my GP for more than 30 years for a reason. He is a caring, attentive, well organized, wonderful professional. This begs the question then... Why has he chosen to align his practice with Highroads Medical Clinic, who's staff's attitude seems to infer, "You are lucky that we speak to you"? I long for the days when Grant's practice was at West Coast Family Practice and the longest my appointment was ever delayed was an hour. My most recent appointment at Highroads Medical Clinic was delayed by two and a half hours. Then the receptionist slid one more patient in ahead of me for a delay of another half hour. This three hour delay was caused to a large degree because the office staff double booked Grant's appointments three times before my appointment at 10:15! After my appointment was finished, and I asked the receptionist, if next time there are three double bookings ahead of my appointment, would it be possible to call me to advise me to expect a long delay, and perhaps to not leave from my work to time my arrival three hours before I would be seen. The first response was that I should have called them before leaving from work, a laughable suggestion, having been thwarted many times trying to navigate the phone system, perfectly designed to keep callers at bay. The second response was heartfelt, and too personal to share on this platform. Unfortunately, it seems that my huge respect for Grant the Physician, and my frustration with his practice is a common theme with his patients. I wish I didn't have to write this review.

Submitted December 7, 2016

This is a walk-in practice for adults and non-emergency patients, so I totally understand the "punctuality concerns" raised by others. With this in mind, Dr Ayling is well worth the wait - he is a fantastic family GP and pediatrician! I am comfortable "risking" my health and the health of my babies/children with Dr Ayling. I can't say enough good things about him to do him justice! Than you for the last 8 years!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016