Ratings for Dr. Raymond Bauer

I just went to dr. Bauer's office for a WORK RELATED injury, as that is the Dr my employer sent me to. Staff at front desk were very rude! When I finally got seated in a room, dr. Bauer came in and never once touched my neck to do a diagnoses as to where exactly the pain was. I was in the room with him for maybe a total of 8 min. He had me roll my neck as much as I could ONE time around, and his instant diagnoses was " you have a strain neck, and no way it happened at work as strain muscles only start hurting after a day or 2 not instantly"!!!! Really so when a football player strains a leg muscle, they don't get carried off the field and they are not in pain!!!! His knowledge is vast, I also went for a hurt foot months ago on a personal injury, and he claimed nothing was wrong...yet I could barely walk for close to 2.5 months! I do NOT RECOMMEND him to ANYONE. To me it seems like this was a blow off workers comp issue as to pass it along as if I hurt my self on my own time!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Dr. Bauer failed to address serious issues related to chest pain and sent the patient to physical therapy for what he thought was a pulled muscle. Turns out, the patient had luekemia which was causing serious chest pain due to lack of oxygen in the blood. Bauer never took a blood test, or if he did, he didn't look at the results. The patient took herself to the hospital and they took blood there and found the luekemia right away. She's still in hospital and will be for a while as they go thru all the tests and treatments to get it into remission. I would not recommend this Doctor, in fact, please spread the word about him and save a life. He should be thrown out of the medical profession for incompence and endangering lives.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

Secretarial staff is RUDE. Recently called to make an appt and the woman who answered the phone basically argued with me about the validity of the social security number on file and refused to make an appt even though she already had all of the remaining info in her computer. This was a delicate matter that required someone with compassion to answer the phone, and it was as if I was calling for a dinner reservation. If you miss an appt with them, they will refuse to see you again. Unbelievable arrogance amongst most of the staff...I feel bad for the compassionate staff who have to work with the rest of them. Dr Bauer is a nice man, however that is simply not sufficient enough when in need of medical advice. If you don't do your research & ask the right questions, don't bank on him digging deeper on your behalf.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2010

I have been going to Dr. Bauer for over 15 years. What a wonderful man. What Docter nowadays calls you in the evening with your test results - nobody! Getting an appointment is relatively easy. Now recently married in the past 3 years, my husband sees him on a regular basis. He had been an uncontrolled diabetic and heart patient. After a few months, Dr. Bauer had him in control of his diabetes, does regular heart testing and other procedures on him. I have acid reflux disease and Dr. Bauer diagnosed it perfectly and sent me to a specialist who concurred. As a family practice doctor, we have had our share of problems and have always gone to him. Again his diagnosis has been spot on and we would recommend him to anyone. His staff does appropriate follow ups and if critical situation is occurring, gets you in for an appointment asap. He seems to know when to refer you to a specialist, what he can handle and what he feels would be better with another.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2009

We have gone to Dr. Bauer for a long time,but are now looking for a new doctor. Almost seems like he is afraid to touch his patients,for example listening to heart . Seems to pass judgment on patients .Never asks how a person has been coping with long term conditions. When a person complains about ongoing problems does not suggest running other tests. Had a close friend who died from bone cancer because this doctor deceided he was just out of shape and didnot need anymore tests to find out source of his pain. He should realize it's not his job to judge people, but to try to cure them.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2008

Secretarial staff seems to think they can diagnose you themselves and decide whether or not you need to talk to the doctor. I called Dr. Bauer with concerns about side effects I was experiencing from a new prescription he wrote and he said "what do you want me to do about it?". Since he's the doctor, I thought he should know rather than myself, the patient. I'm not a complainer or hypochondriac. As a result of my growing lack of confidence in him and frustration with his staff, I've decided to seek treatment elsewhere. I can't recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2008

Staff at clinic is very rude. I suffer from depression and Dr. Bauer told me that if I attended his church and believed more I would no longer be depressed.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2008

Went to him years ago but still remember being treated rudely

flag | Submitted March 11, 2008

Dr Bauer is a typical GP, in other words very general. He will not rush you and he will not get too specific with you either. He may come across somewhat arrogant, which is not uncommon amongst doctors. I would recommend being specific with your complaints, because he won't look too hard for the problem. He is overall a nice doctor, and a Christian who won't hesitate to discuss end of life issues, which is nice. However, he will make it clear he knows more than you do, so like most medical care today, you are ultimately in charge of your own health.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2007

Dr. Bauer and his staff have been treating me and my family for over 20 years and has always been very helpful. If a specialist is needed he will refer you to one, and his staff will make the appointment for you. He never makes you feel like he is rushed during office visits.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2007

Dr. Raymond Bauer's Credentials

• University Of Osteopathic Medicine And Health Sciences (Grad. 1985)