Ratings for Dr. Twichell Linda

I started seeing her for anxiety/depression. She forgot we had an appointment twice. She kept thinking our appointments were at 530pm instead of 5pm. I specifically asked for 5 because it was the earliest she could do, and I got off work at 4, so had to wait around an hour for her to come in to the office. One time I waited 30 minutes, then she showed up and acted like nothing was wrong. Second time I left, and she called me apologizing about forgetting. I've noticed she talks about her personal life a lot. I know it's friendly to do so, but usually in a counseling session, counselors try to keep it professional and focus only on you. I also felt like she didn't help. There were lots of silences, and she asked me to come back every two weeks instead of every week. I felt like I really needed help and was having a hard time, but I guess she felt I didn't need help. I've had other therapists, and it just wasn't the best experience with her.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014