Ratings for Dr. Aida Kurbegovic

I had Dr. K while i was attending the day treatment program at rgh. She was compassionate, professional, respectful and fairly knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2018

I arrived early to my appointment in order to fill out the paperwork. Promptly (!!) at the time fo4 my appointment, Dr. K called for me. She went through the paperwork that I had filled out, asking for clarification and/or more details as she went, all the time making notes in the columns. I found her to be very calming (a good thing —- my increased anxiety levels due to ptsd being one of the reasons my GP requested a consultation) with a good sense of humour. When I became agitated she was patient and understanding. She answered my questions without being condescending. Apart from that, the office staff were great!! Lots of laughter and they were extremely helpful.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

Appointment was to be a 2 hour intake appointment. Was in and out in under 1/2 hour. Referred to counselling services for those 18 and under. Did not seem to have read any medical history or realize that patient was not eligible for these services as was over 18. Suggested increase of dosage of current medication but if she had taken more than a quick glance at medications would have realized this dose was already being taken. Did not look at previous medication history at all. Seemed to have no familiarity with any information that family GP had provided. Said she would send recommendations to GP ( “ he or she, I didn’t really look”). I’m not even sure she was aware of the autism diagnosis. Very disappointing initial visit and will not access this service again.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

She treats me very well because she listens my feeling very carefully before concluding my symptom. She realized that I am not so ill and realized that I am being misdiagnosed in Vietnam because the Vietnamese psychiatrists are only asked below three question for each patient. Finally, I can quit all anti-psychotic prescription drug successfully by her instruction guide about how to withdraw it. I hope the mental health should reform to be three separations of power because most psychiatrists have absolute power which leads them to misdiagnose because they conclude too fast without listening to their patient. I hope the mental health system should divide psychiatrist, psychologist and patient have the same power to avoid one of them abusing power.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2018

Dr K was incredibly thorough and patient, at first I was presented with a questionnaire which left me anxious but upon filling it out I was able to make a very clear conclusion around my own mental health struggles. During the appointment I felt that dr k was very engaging and very clear in her conversation and then in the explanation around my diagnosis and treatment. I felt heard and that I am now FINALLY on the path to healing. I also have to mention the office manager, Kate I think is her name, was exactly the kind of person for the job, enthuastic and upbeat. Very willing to answer all my questions about whether or not I would even attend intially, and I am so glad I did! All around an amazing experience! 10 out of 10 would recommend

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

I have struggled with depression/anxiety for over 20 years and have been having a difficult time again lately. I had a referral sent out as my medication I've been on over 10 years my GP thought maybe needed reviewed as well as a full asssessment to ensure diagnosis is correct. I waited over a month and had tried callin a couple of times to find out how long of a wait, no one ever returned my call. I finally got in and was sent to see Dr. kurbegovic, I didn't get any time to fill in the paperwork, very cold, had to keep repeating or correcting her as she typed away. Very difficult to understand her as she is not fluent in English. I spoke of my partners infidelity and was basically told it's not that bad, other people are dealing with much worse situations, boys are like that and basically went on to tell me that I should work on it in couples counselling that being on my own again as a single mom would be very hard, it's better to have 2 incomes, when I said my family and older kids did not like him because of what has happened she dismissed it and said the kids are getting older and will move out and will have their own lives and do I really want to be alone. I left feeling worse than when I went in, I felt my feelings were discounted, the appt lasted 45 mins total even though intake said 2 hours. All I was told was follow up with your Dr they can increase my meds and she said outside of my office is pamphlets in regards to counselling and that was it. I am so upset and have cried most of the day as I feel like I got nothing. Mental health is horrible and when you do seek help you get this? Would not recommend this Dr at all and hoping I can see someone else who can speak and understand English and help.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

She was wonderfully helpful, validating and thorough. I appreciated her gentleness with difficult subject matters. She was knowledgable about my treatment options. She took the time to explore my options and was responsive to my feedback. It felt like a conversation between equals. Thank you Dr. K for your help!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

I have been meeting with Dr Kurbegovic for the past 4 weeks and I have nothing but positive comments. I had previously met with a psychiatrist for several years and didn't get as much assistance as I did with Dr K. On day one I was unsure of my feelings towards her as a psychiatrist, she was questioning my diagnoses, but as the first week progressed I appreciated her confidence to question it, she was correct. She was very compassionate, caring, and helpful. While under her care she adjusted my medication on two separate occasions, this was very helpful with my recovery. Dr Kurbegovic listened to my concerns and guided me in the direction I needed to go to enable me move forward. My experience with her was amazing and I have total respect for her as a doctor and human being. Thanks for all your guidance. Dr Kurbegovic

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

To echo some of the other reviews, my appointment was a disappointment. I tried to not go in with too many expectations but I still left worst off then I came. She was very cold and dismissive to my thoughts. She wouldn't listen to what I felt was the issue but tried to tell me to look into problems that had no relevance to how I was feeling. I too felt that I was been pigeon holed into a disorder on her list rather than consult with me. My medications were having no effect (3 months on) before which is why I went in the first place and she told me medications won't help but then just increased my dosage without any follow up. When I spoke about my concerns she approached it with a "such is life" type of attitude and ended our session with saying something along the lines of "people just suck" when speaking about some social anxieties. I spend 75 minutes with her which 40 minutes was all paper tests on disorders that didn't effect me. I would not recommend.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

Wonderful doctor . Listened to what I had to say and had helpful insights . I haven't had much luck with psychiatrists in the past but Dr Kurbegovic exceeded my expectations. She's very sweet , sincere and knowledgeable

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017