Ratings for Dr. Jonathan Yang

e sure you know BEFORE seeing any doctors with AZ Hand Surgeons if they accept your insurance. I was in the hospital and one doctor visit for less than 3 minutes was $313.00. I didn't find out until later that they did not accept my insurance even though the hospital knew what my insurance was. It was not an emergency at all. It was my last day in the hospital of 5 days. Why they even needed to see me is beyond me. I was able to have my insurance pay the in network charge of 51.83 but they refused to reduce their fee by any amount for any reason. That is over 6 times the acceptable and customary charge!! This was nothing but a huge rip off since there was no emergency and the hospital could have requested a doctor who was in my network. The worst part was not being informed first and given an option to have Dr. Yang see me or not. The people in their billing department are rude. Charging over 6 times a normal fee is absolutely ridiculous. Especially when you are not even told they are out of network and for a 3 minute visit. Needless to say I will never under any circumstances deal with this group of doctors again even if they become in network for my insurance. If I could leave zero stars I would.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014