Ratings for Dr. Stephen MacMillan

I am appalled with this man. I moved to Toronto a few years ago and found Dr. McMillan to be friendly. He was accepting applicants to be their family doctor. I signed up and told him my medical history and he seemed very accommodating. I have a lot of health issues - mentally (eating disorders and addictions) and physically (recently spent months recovering from a very bad accident - involving 15 broken bones.) Once I was healed, I saw Dr. McMillan once again until he vanished. About 5 months later, I asked my pharmacist to fax a request to his office to refill my prescription - and was told that his office doesn't fill requests. I was confused, as I was always able to do that before, so I called the clinic myself. I was informed by the phone lady at the College Care Clinic (where I had always seen him,) that he was now at ---some address on Bloor street west--- I went to the address the next day, and was told from the people there, that he was working from a new address (1000 Bay St). So now, I'm chasing my family doctor around the city just to get my anti-depressants prescription. When I called 1000 Bay Street I was told that Dr. ____ or Dr. ____ was taking over for him. So, I saw one of them, and they were fine. But having to research and sleuth where my personal family doctor was (including my health records which I need for my surgeons - due to my accident,) was not only out of the blue, but a lot of work. I was NEVER informed by Dr. McMillan or any of his staff of ANY of his changes in offices. Even if my medical history wasn't so complicated - I think it's completely out of line of him to abandon his patients without any warning or notification. Who knows where he and my medical records are now - I sure don't.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2018

Scum of the earth who likes to touch his staff. Not very smart either.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017