Ratings for Dr. Veena Bhayana

Saw this doctor because the previous doctor (from the same clinic and was known as my family doctor) gave me a prescription with someone else's name on it. Rather than the staff to see the simple mistake I was made to wait and see this doctor. This doctor accused me for the misuse of T3's and changing doctors. The original script with the wrong name on it said 40 T3's but the doctor accused me of changing it myself. She apparently looked in my chart and the previous doctor wrote 10 tablets. The doctor literally battered for the quantity of tablets and finally agreed for 20 tablets (T3) but threatened me that I better not be "abusing or else". Staff just passed it off as nothing. Clearly this doctor has never heard of pain management and it comes across in how she speaks to patients, how she treats them and in her inability to understand the mistake of a having someone other than your own name on a prescription I should have asked as Jane Doe.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2018

Something as simple as a routine draining of an infected cyst seemed impossible for her to solve. She just ended up writing a script for what a subsequent doctor said was an ineffective type of antibiotic for the problem. If you are looking for someone that will do more than just write prescriptions, she will likely disappoint. We ended up having to have a visit to urgent care as a result of her poor attending to an average problem.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

I agree with many of the other patients commenting on her poor bedside manner, condescending attitude and general lack of progressive innovative medical studies and procedures. I do not trust her advice and will be seeking a new doctor that is more current.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2017

funny how we get different opinions, Dr Bhayana is by far one of the best doctors i have ever had. caring and very thorough

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Unfortunately the wonderful Dr I had at the Nose Hill Medical Clinic retired. Dr Bhayana took over her patients. The result is like day and night. Dr Bhayana is very ineffective; not at all progressive or even helpful. Have had to return to her numerous times for the same problem when my previous Dr would be on top on the situation and recommend and prescribe the most effective course of treatment...the first time. I echo a number of remarks already left on this site. After 30 years it appears I need to look for a new Dr's office.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

Dr Bhayana became my doctor when my doctor at that office retired. Dr. Bhayana is an unfriendly doctor, doesnt really listen to your concerns and is quite unhelpful. I wouldnt recommend her to anybody. Avoid at all costs.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Dr Bhayana became my doctor when my family doctor at that office retired. Dr. Bhayana is an absolutely horrible, unfriendly doctor with horrendous bedside manner. I cannot believe how rude, aloof, unhelpful, and defensive she is, paired with prehistoric medical practices. She told me to practice 'abstinence' from my partner, and it was the only option to stop re-occuring UTI and kidney infections. I do not understand how this woman is a practicing doctor in Canada.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

I have been very sick over the course of the last 6 weeks. After being in and out of urgent care I decided to book an appointmet at the clinic, as I have been coming here to see a doctor who has now retired. I ended up seeing Dr. Veena Bhayana. Easily the worst physician I have ever seen. She didn't listen to anything I said. I asked for a referral to see an ENT as i have been on 4 course of anitbiotics over the last 6 weeks and I am still very sick. She was rude. Told me I was wasting my time and that my throat was sore because I slept with my mouth open... Later yesterday my fever spiked yet again. I found myself in the Rocky View getting CT scans and blood work. I was right. I got in to see a specialist on an URGENT list. I will never be returning to this clinic. If Dr. Veena Bhayana Is working I suggest going elsewhere.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2016

All the comments are true same happened with me when I saw her, have no ethics how to respond with patients and worst treatment i dont know how she passed the canadian exams I'm physian myseld but I didn't tell her at that time bc I was sick and she behaved very rude.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

Saw this doctor a few times. Was satisfied my first visit for a routine check up, but when I went to see her with an actual problem, she was rude, scolded me for making her re-write some notes and made me feel dumb. Very unprofessional. Didn't ask me any of the proper questions for my problem, didn't answer any of my questions, just immediately referred me to someone else and made me feel quite uncomfortable.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016