Ratings for Dr. Monique Scholten

Took time to get on the same page although still some bumps along the road but she cares about your progress. Efficient thinker

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

This is a really good doctor. I'm surprised to hear someone say she was not inclusive of families because when she saw my mother this was the exact opposite of my experience. She was really quite holistic in moms care and not only spent a lot of time with mom but also with me (my mom has mild dementia). I really liked that she didn't just push pills but looked at the bigger picture while also considering medication. She has been very professional, easy to talk to and I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

I went with my husband to his first appointment a couple of years ago. She spoke to him first and then brought me into the room. She was abrasive from the onset and it quickly became apparent that she did NOT like me. I took a dislike to her because of her attitude. She did deal with my husband's problems in a professional manner and was helpful for him. Fast forward 2 years when he needed his meds adjusted. She again took him in and talked to him, even knowing that he has dementia and what he said might not be reliable. This made me angry and when my husband finally came out and got me and I went in she could tell that I was angry and mentioned it. I said yes and explained why and she just shrugged it off and I told her that I did NOT like her and I knew that she did not like me. She then informed us that she would not be my husbands doctor anymore. Then she proceeded to say that she did NOT believe that he was depressed and she did not believe the diagnosis of dementia, even though he was diagnosed by a gerontologist. She hasn't spoken to my husband in two years, he tells people things to make himself look good so he "won't look stupid or like something is the matter" and she believed him instead of the person who lives with him 24/7, even though when I called him on it he told her that he hadn't told her the truth . She acted on both occasions completely unprofessional and I would not recommend her at all if you require your spouse or partner to accompany you. If it is a single person, who has no need to interact with anyone on a day to day basis then I am sure that she could be helpful.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

Very helpful MD. Caring and smart, spent lots of time with me, explained things well.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015