Ratings for Dr. Jemima J. Wasswa-Kintu

Have been seeing her for years and years as have my kids. Wouldn't want to go to anyone else

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

I don't understand the negative comments on here. My son and I have been her patients for over 15 years and we love her. My son is now in his early 20s and I asked if he would like to find a male doctor and he said no. He likes Doctor W-K We just found out she is retiring at the end of this year and are devastated. We may never find another doctor like her!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

I have been going to her for 20 years and I love her. Not a pill pusher. She has never prescribed unnecessary medications or tests for me, just what was necessary and she explains things very well. I always get in right away, have never had to wait long for an appointment. I had a serious issue several years ago and she was very kind and attentive so under her care I recovered very well. If she seems abrupt at times it's only because she just wants to get to the root of the problem so be open and honest about your health habits smoking, no exercise bad diet etc. She does give very good advice. If you are straight with her she will be straight with you.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Her front desk staff are constantly changing which says a lot about this Doctor. They start off nice but very soon become total b|Tches... Completely rude and inappropriate. Don't even answer patients saying hello and bye. We have been with this doctor since early 90's when she was first licensed. Over the years her attitude and lack of care have become worse. She used to be much more caring and empathetic but sadly it seems she is only concerned with getting you in and out asap and doesn't want to deal with serious issues or use any active listening skills. She just wants to hear her own voice and her own personal opinion is all that counts. Oh.. she's also judgemental and makes awkward comments about ones personal life. She is only good for writing prescriptions or sending you home to take Tylenol!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

I totally agree with many of the comments below whereby a lot of people have mentioned she likes easy patients. I personally think she has done her time and doesn't like to think beyond writing prescriptions only. You will be fine with her for minor problems, as soon as you hit rock bottom you will come to know her true colors, she becomes rude and starts dictating you what to do and this different attitude comes out which you will not encounter. I went to her for over 10 years and the one day i wanted her to listen to me she told me off and never did i look back of going to her and instead went to a walk in clinic. As someone said she needs to retire, she would make a good lawyer or an accountant. And keep in mind she will not touch you, likes to enter, sit by her computer and write a prescription. Again, i wish we have undercover government hired individuals who would go and rate doctors.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Dr. W might not have the best bedside manner in medical history, but she's a great doctor. She knows her stuff, she's to the point and she's a no-nonsense kind of GP. She has been my family doctor for almost 2 decades and now she's my kids' doctor. I wouldn't take them anywhere else. When we walk in, she knows our medical histories and if it's a new problem that she isn't 100% confident in diagnosing she always refers us to a specialist to get concrete answers. I think a lot of the people on here giving bad reviews are looking for someone to hold their hand and rub their back. She's not likely to do that but I have 100% confidence in her as a GP. I have never had to wait more than 10 minutes for an appointment and when I call, I usually get in within 24 hours. She's efficient and knowledgeable - there really isn't much more you could ask for.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

OK, i have to tell ya... I have been going to Dr W for almost 20 years. If you are looking for a hand holding rub your back dr .. thats defiantly not her. But her straight to the point demeanour was what i wanted.... I did not want a dr holding my hand before they did a pap. PASS. She has a very dry wit, but is highly intelligent and generally cares. I was involved in 2 car accidents, and she was attentive and always did a through exam when i needed it for work. She did not push me back to work too soon, if anything she made sure i was better before sending me back full time. She is straight to the point for sure, but when i tried to push back to work too soon, (she would merely touch my back and it would spazzum).... so when i wanted to go back, she almost laughed and said no chance. I would much rather that, than have gone back and been in pain. With regards to her being late, as much as i liked the old receptionist, it was mainly how she booked people. The new one allows more time (as requested by Dr. W). and i have yet to wait more the 5 mins. She has never once steered me wrong, and i have much respect for her. but if you are looking for someone who will hold your hand as you ask for meds you may or may not need... be prepared for a rude awakening.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

As mentioned by someone she wants easy patients doesn't like complicated issues to deal with. She is rude, thinks too highly of herself and you have to listen to her without asking any questions. Either she has done her time and needs to retire because she is in the wrong occupation. She would definitely make a really good lawyer for someone who wants to get out of a murder case. I wish we had undercover people from the government going to check up on the doctors. Her practice would be closed the same day if we did have her looked into. Again don't waste your time if you cannot Find a doctor go to a walk in before you go to her.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

Worst doctor I have ever seen. I agree, she should be investigated. I have myalgic encephalomyelitis (chronic fatigue), which is recognized by the Center for Disease Control, and which I see a specialist for at BC Women's Hospital. She's old-school and unempathetic, terrible bedside manner and uninformed about modern medicine. She told me to "go to work," and then on my next visit refused to refill a prescription of a medication which had been prescribed to me by my specialist, and which a walk-in doctor had gladly refilled for me before. Rude, uncaring, unhelpful. Why go to a doctor who doesn't provide you with care or medicine?

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

My husband had a bad experience with this doc 3 years ago when he went in for Wafarin but didn't realize many patients have issued with her. This doc should have her licence taken from her. No ethics, no bed-side manner, refuse to listen, no eye contact, and she is RUDE. Anyway our impression is she likes easy patients with not much effort to diagnose and write out simple prescriptions. Stay away from this doctor. You are safer with walk-in than putting your life in her hand.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016