Ratings for Dr. Jemima J. Wasswa-Kintu

Dr. W might not have the best bedside manner in medical history, but she's a great doctor. She knows her stuff, she's to the point and she's a no-nonsense kind of GP. She has been my family doctor for almost 2 decades and now she's my kids' doctor. I wouldn't take them anywhere else. When we walk in, she knows our medical histories and if it's a new problem that she isn't 100% confident in diagnosing she always refers us to a specialist to get concrete answers. I think a lot of the people on here giving bad reviews are looking for someone to hold their hand and rub their back. She's not likely to do that but I have 100% confidence in her as a GP. I have never had to wait more than 10 minutes for an appointment and when I call, I usually get in within 24 hours. She's efficient and knowledgeable - there really isn't much more you could ask for.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

OK, i have to tell ya... I have been going to Dr W for almost 20 years. If you are looking for a hand holding rub your back dr .. thats defiantly not her. But her straight to the point demeanour was what i wanted.... I did not want a dr holding my hand before they did a pap. PASS. She has a very dry wit, but is highly intelligent and generally cares. I was involved in 2 car accidents, and she was attentive and always did a through exam when i needed it for work. She did not push me back to work too soon, if anything she made sure i was better before sending me back full time. She is straight to the point for sure, but when i tried to push back to work too soon, (she would merely touch my back and it would spazzum).... so when i wanted to go back, she almost laughed and said no chance. I would much rather that, than have gone back and been in pain. With regards to her being late, as much as i liked the old receptionist, it was mainly how she booked people. The new one allows more time (as requested by Dr. W). and i have yet to wait more the 5 mins. She has never once steered me wrong, and i have much respect for her. but if you are looking for someone who will hold your hand as you ask for meds you may or may not need... be prepared for a rude awakening.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

As mentioned by someone she wants easy patients doesn't like complicated issues to deal with. She is rude, thinks too highly of herself and you have to listen to her without asking any questions. Either she has done her time and needs to retire because she is in the wrong occupation. She would definitely make a really good lawyer for someone who wants to get out of a murder case. I wish we had undercover people from the government going to check up on the doctors. Her practice would be closed the same day if we did have her looked into. Again don't waste your time if you cannot Find a doctor go to a walk in before you go to her.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

Worst doctor I have ever seen. I agree, she should be investigated. I have myalgic encephalomyelitis (chronic fatigue), which is recognized by the Center for Disease Control, and which I see a specialist for at BC Women's Hospital. She's old-school and unempathetic, terrible bedside manner and uninformed about modern medicine. She told me to "go to work," and then on my next visit refused to refill a prescription of a medication which had been prescribed to me by my specialist, and which a walk-in doctor had gladly refilled for me before. Rude, uncaring, unhelpful. Why go to a doctor who doesn't provide you with care or medicine?

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

My husband had a bad experience with this doc 3 years ago when he went in for Wafarin but didn't realize many patients have issued with her. This doc should have her licence taken from her. No ethics, no bed-side manner, refuse to listen, no eye contact, and she is RUDE. Anyway our impression is she likes easy patients with not much effort to diagnose and write out simple prescriptions. Stay away from this doctor. You are safer with walk-in than putting your life in her hand.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

This doctor is absolutely terrible. I have been going to her for years as it is hard to find a female MD. . She talks to you as if she detests you and won't look at your face. I find that with issues that come up with my health, I just don't go and get them dealt with, or checked out because I seriously don't want to go near her, she is intimidating and makes you feel lowly, and unimportant. When you leave her office you never want to go back, EVER. I have sat in her office, knowing that I am the only patient in there and, she has kept me waiting over an hour. She simply acts as if she is too good for anyone and everyone. She has turned off members of my family as well and they have sought help elsewhere. Her one longtime staff (obese girl) had no personality but then again I am sure she wasn't allowed to have one. Also, very hard to understand doctors african accent. Sometimes not even understanding what came out of her nasty, uncaring mouth. Try hard to find someone else, she finds it extremely hard to be normal or nice. I had read everything else others have rated her for and they are dead on !!! RUN from this doctor, best advice you'll ever hear.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

Wow!! All i can say is please go to a walk in clinic if you have to your chances of getting a knowledgable doctor is high. By seeing this doctor you will feel really miserable . Do not waste your time going to her. She is rude, wouldn't touch you to check the area of concern. Is basically in and out. As previous mentioned by below patient she is very cold, thinks too highly of herself and thinks she knows it all. Being a doctor is acts like an accountant, looks at her computer, types a prescription or makes her notes and off you go out the door. SHE SERIOUSLY HAS A PROBLEM TOUCHING HER PATIENTS !! Please note the above comments are based on me seeing her for over 10 years now and she has been useless.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

An 'alright' doctor. Comes off as sort of cold at first, but may or may not warm up to you. Never exactly on time, and likes to pass you off to other people more often than not. Once I started to deal with another doctor (psyche), she relinquished all interest in hearing about my medications, etc... which was weird. Hands-off doctor. Always in a hurry to get out of the room if she's not interested in your story or doesn't make a rapport with you. She's really good with my mother (makes personal calls all the time), but personally as a young male? You're better off looking for someone that actually understands and will help you better. I did not feel cared for at all. I don't particularly recommend this doctor, but if you really need one just use her for a generic physician. Expect to immediately be directed elsewhere when possible.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Not sure what to think about this doctor... She is on time but not very friendly. She is most of the time in a rush and doesn't really touch or look at anything.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

RUDE, DISMISSIVE, NO PHYSICAL EXAM CONDUCTED, NO EYE CONTACT, WORST FAMILY DOCTOR EVER, VERY NEGLIGENT. INCOMPETENT AND RUSHED ME IN AND OUT LIKE CATTLE. THIS DOCTOR SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED FOR MALPRACTICE AND WRONGFUL DIAGNOSIS. ABSOLUTELY NO COMPASSION.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015