Ratings for Dr. Ashley Cooke

This has to be the worst Dr's office I have ever had to deal with in my life. I recently had a poor experience with his receptionist, and now have decided to not accept my calls. Beware people! Extremely unprofessional behavior here.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

We have had Dr. Cooke for just over two year. We are amazed by how well we have been treated. Every time we have needed something, a test a diagnosis or a prescription we have had is done usually on the same day. Dr. Cooke is kind, a great listener and we feel very lucky to have him as our doctor. The same goes for his wonderful staff.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2018

Staff - Never answer the phone, don't return phone calls and the voicemail is always full. Their answering machine message will be from two weeks ago and no one updates it. Helpfullness - Can't say much, still trying to reach him. I have been trying to schedule an appointment for a month. I can't get a hold of anyone. There are 3 people who work with Dr.Cook and no one answers their phone. Punctuality - If you are lucky enough for an appointment, you will show up early or on time, but you still have to wait an hour or so to see him. Knowledge - Ok

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

Dr. Cook has been our family physician for roughly 4 years. I have never encountered an issue with him or his staff. He is always friendly, kind, and supportive to me and my children. The staff is extremely helpful, welcoming, and always wear a smile! Even when the environment is busy, there is a sense of tranquility in the atmosphere. All in all, we know that we're in helping hands. Our health is always Dr. Cook's number one priority! Thank you for so much amazing work in the community and for our families. My family appreciates the entire team! Selena Tuck and the girls

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Dr Cook is rude, arrogant and not helpful. I find he does not listen and is very judgemental. I have been repeatedly looked over and dismissed and when I ask for help or a referral I am repeatedly turned down. Although I find the receptionists to be extremely fair and friendly, him as family doctor and the nurse are very judgemental and unfriendly.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

I have never experienced a more unprofessional organisation! Not returning calls and demeaning staff when contacting with questions. Poor operation. If you require serious attention avoid this office!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2016

I haven't dealt with him as a family physician - but with recent surgery - as the gas man - he allowed me to wear my insulin pump (I am a T1D). My last surgery at CCH that lasted over 5 hours, went wonko due to another anesthesiologist not allowing me insulin during that time ... I was very ill afterwards. I was very apprehensive as to who would put me under with this recent surgery - and Dr. Cooke made me feel at ease with his understanding of how my insulin pump and CGM (continuous glucose monitor) work ... I am in the process of writing a diabetic blog - that you can read at The Roller Coaster Ride of Diabetes. If more doctors could be like this with their patients - the world would be a better place. Now, lets see if I can get him as my GP ... still don't have one here in Cornwall. Thank you Dr. Cooke!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016

I can not say enough great things about Dr. Ashley Cook and his wonderful staff. Being Dr. Cook was the Chief of staff at the hospital for over 4 years, his knowledge and expertise proceed him. Our appointments have always been handled with excellent patient care by the doctor himself and his caring staff. Dr. Cook is a busy individual as he is not only a Family doctor but also an anesthesiologist at the Cornwall Community hospital. We feel extremely blessed to have the best of the best as our doctor ! Rick & Debbie Fortier

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

Does not return calls. No hospital privileges. Can not honestly claim to provide reasonable health care to patients - especially the elderly.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2015