Ratings for Dr. Michael Dorfman

I've always felt he's been responsive and helpful. Have seen Dr. Dorfman for over 10 yrs.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

He seemed like a good caring Dr. At one time. After years of seeing him he has changed. Years ago he was very responsive and caring. My most recient experience has been negative. I had problems with my meds. I called him several times. After three days he finically returned my call. My feeling is that something has changed.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

This "doctor" needs to see a real doctor so he can get some help. Highly inappropriate. I will be reporting him.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

I would highly encourage people to stay away from this man. All he does is throw meds at you on a pretty much random basis and say "I'm proud of you," or "You look well." If you challenge him, he will go ballistic. I've heard stories of him chasing patients out the door on a royal tirade. If you look closely at the website for his practice, it is clearly a financial swamp. He will just suck away a good chunk of your income, keep you in treatment indefinitely, never get to know you, and then slap you with a label that doesn't even fit. He likes to listen to certain people in your life instead of you. Do yourself a favor and get another doctor. There are many others.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

He was told addiction is a serious problem in our family and still gave my son benzos for an anxiety disorder. My son got addicted and had to go into rehab. Dr. Dorfman yelled at my son saying, you said you could handle them....keep your family members away!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

If he only listened to my problems I may have continued to see him. You think you can analyze what's going on in my head when you can't even look in my eyes and pretend to give a WOOT . Go diagnose a ROCK !

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

It has been a few years since I have seen Dr. Dorfman. I saw him for a couple of years. For most of the time I saw Dr. Dorfman, he seemed warm and caring and I felt really good about my treatment. But then things started to change. Sometimes he commented about my appearance or told me that he cared about me and it just came across as intense or awkward. Sometimes he shared personal information about his life and relationships that made me uncomfortable. Then , there were times he would seem a bit off. He would come across as annoyed and rushed and would roll his eyes at questions. I finally decided I had to stop seeing him when he became verbally abusive one day with me in an appointment. I felt really hurt and confused. When I finally talked to my counselor about it she helped me to see that this was not a healthy doctor-patient relationship. I am seeing another doctor now and the experience is much better. It makes me sad that other people have had experiences like mine.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

I went to Dr. Dorfman for a couple years and absolutely loved him. He always listened to my opinion and I felt that he really took it into consideration. Unlike many doctors who will not listen to you. He was always able to fit me in if I needed it. I felt that he truly cared about my well being. Sadly I moved across the state and had to stop seeing him. I would HIGHLY recommend him!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

I saw Dr. Dorfman many years ago , He was rude, forceful and would not work with me concerning medication.. He at one point had another Dr. who he was working with come in and try to berate me into changing a med which I didn't see or agree with. He did not investigate my diagnosis to validate it and see if there was a possibility of misdiagnosis. He choices of medication and reasons behind using them were inconsistent...He was aggressive. He tried to hospitalize me without the proper criteria to do so. He's not aware of the impact his choices have made on people in regard to his overuse of overmedicating.. He did not properly diagnose me or made me aware of the dangerous life threatening side effects of what he was prescribing...He gave me no informed consent...He did not explain at all...He did not do necessary labs to confer with physical issues known to be affected by the meds..He did not follow up...Coerced me into treatment. Broke my confidentiality with a third party unrelated to me and spoke with a family member without my consent. Had no biological testing done to determine my condition..Was told I had a "chemical imbalance" without doing any testing first. Questionable billing practice...Gets an F+...Does not understand he is getting people addicted and they aren't even aware of it...They are not aware of the damage being inflicted upon them by seeing someone like him...."smooth operator"...

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

I did a double-take when I read some of the other reviews. I have seen many psychiatrist over the years, and he is at the top of the list as far as I'm concerned. He works with me and respects my own gut feelings about my condition and needs. I recommend him highly in all regards.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

Dr. Michael Dorfman's Credentials

• Hahnemann University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)