Ratings for Dr. David Blecher

Dr. Blecher's leaving is a HUGE loss to Kincardine. Both my husband and I had major issues the past six months and Dr. Blecher was amazing in diagnosing us. He is caring and looks you right the eye when talking to you. When I was ill my husband saw him at dog park and spoke with him about me (on a Sunday). First thing Monday morning we got a call that he would like to see me that morning. How's that for efficiency - pretty awesome I'd say. Dr. Blecher you will be missed - maybe we will have to go to Newfoundland to get diagnosed....

flag | Submitted June 15, 2018

Dr. Blecher is the worst Doctor I've ever met in my entire life. I would rather have no doctor then this idiotic uncaring baboon! In over a year, and 8 appointments with him he did nothing to treat my chronic cluster migraine except give me Naproxen. I was having 25 migraines a month and he did nothing to help me except give me something i could buy over the counter for 10 months! He prescribed me no other medications. After 8 months of SUFFERING I saw the Nurse Practitioner one time and she did so much to help; prescribed me medications, sent me for blood work. All he did was take me off medicine that a specialist had placed me on to treat another condition causing that condition to flair up. I tried to explain that it took 10 years to get my endometriosis under control and he simply didn't care, and simple wouldn't even listen. He just knew better than a doctor I had been seeing for 15 years. I'm glad he's leaving Kincardine. It shows his true character. He made this town a promise and a commitment and he isn't keeping it. That's who he is. A narcissist! Good riddance maybe his patience will get a well educated sympathetic doctor this time around because Dr. Blecher simple didn't come close to measuring up to Dr. Emond!! Goodbye Dr. Blecher. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2018

So sorry to lose my Doctor. Wishing him all the very best in wherever life takes him. I am sorry you are leaving as I found you to be a very caring Dr.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2018

Over the past year I watched as Dr Blecher helped a family member deal with a difficult diagnosis of dementia and helped the family find the supports and services that they will need in the future. He has always been compassionate and respectful, treating all with dignity and generous with his knowledge and time. His leaving is a sad loss to our medical community.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2018

Easy to talk to. He looks me in the eye, away from his computer. He shows compassion and kindness. As an aging boomer, he has not discounted me but been thorough in his care. We are about to lose Dr. Blecher, a competent and caring doctor. I am wondering if words on this site have caused duress. Dr. Blecher can see there are many more of us who value his competent care and do not want him to leave. I hope he re-considers--he is respected and valued by many. The quiet majority have spoken.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

Dr Blecher has been our family doctor for over 18 months. My husband had a medical emergency, and we were without a family doctor as we had only just moved to Kincardine. Dr Blecher took us on immediately as he needed follow up care. He was there for us and has always had time in his busy schedule to care for us. If he doesn't know the answer, and let's face it not every doctor knows everything, he has referred us to another professional for their treatment. He has always been very thorough in his treatment of both my husband and myself. Whenever we have had a concern he has dealt with us professionally, and has listened to us. Follow ups have been prompt and when reports have come back from specialists or from my mammogram at Sunnybrook, his staff have telephoned me with results within twenty four hours of my appointment at Sunnybrook. I must admit I am at a loss as to why some other patients find Dr Blecher to be anything other than a caring physician.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2018

As a retired nurse; married to a nurse , we both agree that Dr. Blecher is an exemplary GP. As a Long-standing Chronic patient Dr Blecher has managed my multiple conditions with great expertise and to very positive effect. He is CARING and listens to my concerns in order to develop new treatment approaches.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2018

As a retired nurse, my experience with Dr. Blecher was very positive. He is a thorough doctor who provides an extensive regime of testing to establish a diagnosis. At my request, he kindly arranged for me to see a female doctor for a female issue. A common concern, which I also share, is extended wait times to establish an appointment but we understand that our doctors are stretched to the max with patient numbers. Dr. Blecher listens, guides, and is a sound diagnostician.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

Dr Blecher is the worst family doctor my family and I have ever had. He has zero bedside manner or personal skills. He should not be practicing in this profeshion.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

Very knowledgeable. Up to date in regards to evidence based medicine. Compassionate and wants what is right for his patients. A lot of comments here from people who must be looking for narcotics. Was pleasantly surprised with my clinical encounter last week. I have some complicated medical issues and he was very helpful. Best I have felt in months. Happy to have him overseeing my care.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018