Ratings for Dr. M Van der Westhuizen

I was in the hospital and because my family doctor doesn't have permission to admit patients, I was being treated by Dr. Van. I say treated only because that is the technical term, what I got could never be called treatment. While in there I could expect his daily visit to update me any time between 8 am. and around 11 pm. These visits would basically be him walking in, saying something to the line of you aren't dying and then turning around and leaving. He constantly changed my medication without consulting me or telling me why, he refused to give me some of the medication that i was taking at home leading to some very nasty side effects. He also got my licence suspended without first consulting me or my family doctor who knows me and my medical history, causing me to have to quit 2 jobs. Lets just say I am a little more than angry as I am now freeloading off my parents till I find a new job that can hopefully help me pay for college.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Great staff always mostly on time and knowledgeable. Follows up with patients.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014