Ratings for Dr. Dirk Putter

tried calling on many occasions and get the anwering machine and waited 10 min. just like other doctors in sarnia you spend more time waiting on the machine then you do talking to the doctor.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

Dr. Putter was the most attentive physician I have seen since Dr. Muir. Dr. Putter actually read my health and family history. Immediately booked two appointments necessary for a patient my age. My previous doctor had health issues and I was left in limbo for over nine months. The staff, at the office are super friendly and accommodating. I, for one, am thrilled with a physician that looks you in the eye while you talk about your concerns. I understand the 8:00 am weeding out method to discourage frivolous complainers or prescription renewals. There are options for that. I am recommending Dr. Putter to my friends. Andrea N

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

The staff at the office are always so wonderful and on top of everything, it is such a pleasure to visit the office. Dr.Putter is a doctor who does not beat around the bush, tells you how it is and that is the way it should be! I dislike people who sugar coat! My opinion is he is a very knowledgable doctor and runs a great practice, I have never had an issue with getting a same day appointment or booking one in the future. Keep up the great work and to the negative nellies move on and stop wasting his time! Thank you Dr. Putter and staff.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

You can not get a same day aptement with him even if you call before 8 am they say by 8:10 am all booked for the day this is my family doctor and his system sucks I hope he gets his act together soon

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

I actually like this appointment system. It works for me. I know someone who goes a lot and has not gotten in only once. I don't understand anyone giving a low score for punctuality cuz this office is always on time. Even if you don't like the system, you have to admit that. I had to wait at least an hour at my old doc's. And this Dr actually listens. I never feel rushed. He seems to be down to earth, too. Also, I've known receptionists who are intimidating and not very friendly, but the staff here are the nicest. Always smiling and pleasant. And I like that you can talk on the phone with the nurse if you have a question or want results. And they return calls the same day. Anyway, I'm coming from another office and this one is far superior.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

If you want a doctor who is knowledgeable and cares about you, don't go to Dr. Putter. Despite having a long family history of thyroid problems and several blood tests confirming I also had this problem, he refused to even try me on a low dose of medicine. He never asked me about me about symptoms, even though I told him about several issues I was having that he said were probably related to my thyroid. I ended up going to an ENT doctor for another issue, who then sent me for a blood test that confirms I have a thyroid autoimmune disease. Untreated, this disease could cause all other kinds of serious problems. Thyroid is a pretty common and basic problem and he knew very little about it. I'm fortunate enough to have a new doctor now. I got my chart from Putter and he had nothing written in there about our conversations about thyroid problems. The chart actually said that I attributed a symptom to another medication I'm taking, which is something he suggested, not something I said. Overall, I'm glad to be rid of this incompetent "doctor".

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

This dr is a rude and condescending man. He misdiagnosed my daughter in ER several years back and sent her home when she was very ill and almost killed her. I put in a big complaint about him and he totally fabricated his story and said that he considered admitting her etc. He spent less than 5 mins with her and said she had a virus. He just didn't care enough to treat her. I cannot imagine him being a family doctor. I have already heard a lot of complaints.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2016

Made a terrible first impression. Ive only been there to see him twice, once for my silent migraines. He didn't ask me any lifestyle questions at all in regards to these migraines, which are pretty serious it turns out. Google gave me more information than he did. Based on the fact that he didn't ask me a single question is enough to make me switch doctors. I'm not even gonna bother wasting anymore time with this guy. Seems like an idiot to me. I guess he is punctual, and thank god I have my mom to call to book me appointments, but yeah that system is whack. I definitely do not recommend him to anyone. I'm sure he's already dropped about half of Garrett's patients and I will be the next one to go.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

I have dealt with many doctors over the years and I have never come across such an uncaring and disinterested individual in my life. I have also never had a "doctor" where you couldn't book an appointment. His comment to me was "if YOU want an appointment, you can't get one. The only time you can get an appointment is if I want to see YOU". If you really need medical attention, you have to start calling at 8:00 a.m. (when everyone else is calling), however, you can wait and wait on the phone for half an hour only to be told they can't fit you in. Then the cycle starts all over again the next day and on and on. It really would be much quicker to go to emergency. IF you do happen to get in, he walks in the room, sits on a chair and looks at you. He has never once examined me and really doesn't appear to be the least bit interested in anything I say. I feel like I'm wasting his time. Then after the "wonderful" care he has provided, he rushes you out of his office. I had a wonderful, caring doctor (Dr. Garrett) who unfortunately retired and turned his practice over to this nut. I sure miss him. I also miss Kay who was super friendly and helpful and made you feel like a human being. She always tried to fit you in if you really needed to see Dr. Garrett right away. Maybe this guy should go back to working in emergency because he sure doesn't know how to run a practice and build up a rapport with his patients. He should remember that he is dealing with human beings who have feelings and need some help and compassion if they are sick. Would he like his family to be treated this badly?

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

Dr. Putter is by far the worst doctor I have ever had. It took 3 months to get in to see him and when I finally did he couldn't wait to get me out of his office. It seems that his solution to everything is to take a pill. He does not listen or cares about the patient. I would give him an absolute zero for a rating and recommend that people stay away from this idiot.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015