Ratings for Dr. Dora Chan

Excellent Doctor. Detailed, patient and polite. Strongly recommend

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

She was so kind. Unfortunately my husband and I we did have good news about our little one, but she was so helpful.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

I accidentally came a day early but the receptionist kindly made space for me to see Dr. Chan. She was very helpful, kind and took time to explain what was going on. The office was also very clean and calming.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

Dr. Dora Chan did a surgery on me. I thought my problem would be solved. She was suppose to have removed, the ovaries, tubes ,uterus and all the cysts I had. They put me to sleep I went to Europe 4 months after my surgery suddenly I started hemorrhaging and in a lot of pain had to go to a doctor there did tests one of the the tests I did was an ultra sound I came to find out that my ovaries,, uterus tubes and cysts were all there nothing had been remove, everything was still there including the cysts that had already multiplied and had grown 10 times bigger than they were before. Needless to say that I had to have another surgery all over again and now I am doing well. NO THANKS TO DR. DORA CHAN . KEEP AWAY FROM THIS DR. SHE IS A FAKE DR AND SHOULD NOT BE OPERATING.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Chan by my family doctor for a Bartholin Cyst and recurring BV. After waiting over a month for my appointment (She rescheduled on me 1 day before the appointment) she looked at this huge cyst and said she would leave it cause it isn't hurting me that much and it could come back if she drained it. What?! I waited all this time for this? What did you think I came here for? Just to see what you look like? RIDICULOUS. Needless to say I ended up in the emergency room less than a month later and the emergency doc who drained it made it very clear Dr. Chan should not have left that on my person. I had many other issues going on so she gave me a requisite for an ultrasound during the Batholin appointment and weeks later I heard nothing back from her office. I called twice and left a message and finally got a call back from her secretary who does not speak English fluently who quickly said "Your ultrasound is normal" and attempted to end the conversation. I stopped her and said "Wait that's it? My ultrasound is normal? What about all the pain I'm experiencing? No follow up?" She said "Oh ok, How about May 31st?" WHAT? More than 2 months away and I'm in pain? How ridiculous is this! First off, there is no way my ultrasound is normal because I know for a fact I have inflamed Fallopian tubes, cysts on both ovaries and endometriosis. So how could my U/S come back normal? It was a vaginal ultrasound and I even heard the technician talking about my issues. Secondly, why are you dismissing my bartholin cyst when it so big I cant sit comfortably and I end up in the emergency department? Fast forward to months later of being dismissed and I end up in the emergency department from infection that passed my cervix into my uterus that this office missed. Luck would have it because she was the last doctor I saw before Mount Sanai took care of my bartholin cyst and happens to work at Toronto East General I notice my paperwork says she's my doctor and now no other physician at the hospital will see me cause they claim I should follow up with her. NOT HAPPENING. I will be calling Service Ontario to make sure she is not my doctor with them and continue going to the Woman's Clinic at Mount Sinai. WORST DOCTOR EVER!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

Good Doctor. Detailed and polite. Great Clinic as a whole.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

Even though there is one receptionist and a small waiting area, I enjoy going to see doc chan. She speaks well which one of the reasons I ditched my other obgyn. Comfortable to talk with & ask questions.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

Stay far away from this Dr. enough said. I will be suffering from debilitating pain for the rest of my life because of her.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Found Dora very personable, reassuring and nice!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

I was very unhappy with this doctor. She was juggling many patients at one time so while I was changing she was gone for a long time examining another patient. I felt like I was in a walk-in clinic and not a specialists office. Although she was very nice at first when I had kindly asked her to change her gloves because she picked something up from the floor ( my swab vile) she argued that it was something she had thrown out and threw a huff, stuffed the gloves down in the garbage as to show her inconvenience then put on new gloves without even washing her hands. ( as well didn't was her hands after the previous patient) I wish I had just walked out I was so grossed out and I feel so dirty now. If that were my sandwich The health department would have knocking on their door. Why do we have different standards for our vaginas. And on top of that did not offer a follow up or touch on the fact that I was also there for pain. Will NEVER GO BACK.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015