Ratings for Dr. Claire Young

Dr Young is an amazing doctor. If you are a younger woman she is very easy to relate to. Always has time and compassion for her patients.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

She was nice enough, but when I started to get progressivley sicker she acted like I was exaggerating and wouldn't send me for a specialist consult. Thankfully, I moved and landed in the care of a doctor who took me seriously. She delayed my diagnosis by about 2 years, a which point the disease had progressed to the point that I needed major surgery and 2 organs removed. I'm filing a formal complaint.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

I do not recommend Dr. Young at all. She is unfriendly, cold, lacks compassion and made zero connection with me as a patient after four separate visits (she makes you book separate appointments if you have multiple things to discuss). My initial visit was terrible as she competed my medical history review in less than 10mins and told me to book follow-ups to discuss my actual health concerns. I have chosen to see a different Doctor after generally feeling like "a number" on her patient roster. Terrible experience and easy to see why she is one of the only doctors in Vancouver accepting patients.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

DO NOT GO SEE HER! She has horrible bedside manner and is cold and unfriendly! Everytime I have been to see her she has been so short with me, not even looking me in the eye, and when I've gone to get my annual pap, she never talks me through it, or tells me when we're done, or that I can get dressed or even asks if I'm read before she comes in the room - she just barges in! My last visit was yesterday at 3:40 (her last patient of the day) and she left me waiting until 4:05pm without any word or running late or apology! I finally complained to the front desk staff to see what the hold up was, very annoyed at this point, and they were zero help and basically ignored me for 5 minutes until I was called to her office. From there, I told her I was upset for waiting to long and she LITERALLY says to me "If you do not like the wait, you can go see another doctor"!!!!!!!!! Her words exactly - no apology, no sympathy, a red face and dismissive attitude. From there she asked her routine questions and did my pap with so much tension in the room and hostility. I am filing a formal complaint to the College about her as I truly feel I was mistreated! No pleasantries or helpfulness. As soon as she heard I was unhappy she met my tone with an even worse attitude! DO NOT SEE HER! Every time I have left feeling mistreated and mis-taken care of. She needs to learn better manners! She has always made me feel like her time is more valuable than mine. NOT ACCEPTABLE!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

I began seeing Dr Young with a clustering of painful and worrisome symptoms. She told me they were unrelated, that there was no disease that could be responsible, ordered zero testing, and sent me home with naproxen. I suffered another year before switching practices, finally being sent for a specialist consult, and being diagnosed with an autoimmune disease. I wouldn't recommend her if you have complex health issues.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

I had a meet & greet with Dr Young a few months ago. I thought she might work as my GP asking pertinent questions / suggesting different things ...She suggested coming back in a couple of months where she would check blood pressure etc. I returned with a couple of concerns which weren't critical ...but the 10 minutes I had with her , she spent looking up info on the internet for possible causes and what to do - printing off some information ... she said my time was up and to schedule another appointment to check blood presssure etc. I waited 20 minutes to see her/and the 10 minutes i saw her she was on the internet which I could do myself. Very poor "customer service" and didn't seem that knowledgable on just minor stuff.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

I agree with all the below posts. Heaven forbid if you have one more issue than you are scheduled for. She makes you come back over and over again instead of seeing you for all the issues all at once. It is as if she thinks that no one else has a full time job and it is not as easy to get away to go to these appointments over and over again. There have been many times I feel like she is just rushing me out and if I mention anything that is more than 1 issue it is not allowed. I understand that a lot of the doctors are like this now due to MSP... but if her bedside manner was a little better maybe it would be easier to accept. I wish doctors cared about patients especially when struggling with mental health issues. It is very disheartening.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

Unfortunately she comes off as very cool, uninterested, and dissmissive.

Submitted July 17, 2015

Young and inexperienced she is callous, rude, arrogant and the worst dr I've ever been to in my entire life. Spends more time looking at her pc than at a patient and asking questions. Can't wait to rush you out. One issue = one visit even if the one thing takes 5 minutes not the 15 min she is paid for.

Submitted July 14, 2015

While I'm not a fan of the clinic that Dr. Young works in, I have found her to be a very good family doc. She has a friendly demeanour and is thorough in her examinations. She is not afraid to send you for a referral when something is in question. Overall, I've been very satisfied with this doc.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014