Ratings for Dr. Eileen Spangler

Eileen was most helpful until I missed an appointment. You cannot ever reach her by phone. She will not return calls. Email responses are generic in nature and she will only refer you to her website. Getting a prescription refilled can be a nightmare if you make the same mistake I did. She has no sympathy for mistakes or if you have not memorized the policies on her website. It does not matter to her how critical it is that you have your medicine. Or how damaging it can be to go without, to her. She will not show any sympathy if you do not schedule an appointment. Started off good, went bad... Twice now I have tried to get prescriptions refilled well in advance and have gone without trying to get it done! I was supposed to have a 90 day refill and only got 30 days. Now it is a waiting game again... So I found out fro the Pharmacy that she will not refill and told them she was no longer seeing me. So she only refilled for 30 days instead of 90 as always and I didn't even know I was no longer a patient! If it was not for the Pharmacy I would never have been notified!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

I would give zero if I could. I warn you to please please stay away. Horrible service overall, we missed an appoint and called to set up a follow up and to see if she could fill an emergency prescription for my daughter who is a teen and bipolar. It disgusted me how inhumane she sounded, she did not address my child by first name at all nor did she seem concerned that she has no medication, there was no sympathy in her response. She send a general email ( wouldn't even call me) to say no appointment will be made and that cancellation fee needs to be paid before. At which I offered to pay if she gave me the amount and I kindly asked her again to fill an emergency prescription for my child, I told her she needed it at which she did not even touch the subject only said it will only be done during the appointment which she never gave me. I should have listened to all the reviews but her web page portaits her to be someone who she is not in my opinion which is a caring individual who wants to help. I am so dissapointed. I hope this review helps someone and avoid this type of situation.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

After seeing Eileen for a year I needed to cancel an appointment because I was in a very stressful process of moving and my grandmother being placed in hospice care. I only needed a 2 week refill before I could come in for an appointment. Eileen would never answer my question as to whether or not I could have a refill. I ended up having to go in for an appointment and was not able to leave town when I needed to in order to see my grandma one last time, and she died on the day of my appointment. I feel like medical professionals should be able to respond to patient’s medication needs much better than she did.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

She was a very judgemental person who told me I didn't have problems she wasn't qualified to assess. I wish I could send her reports from MRIs and specialists who contradicted her immediately wrong snap opinions. She doesn't know what she is taking about.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2016

My recent experience with this provider was extremely positive. I found Ms. Spangler to be very intelligent, caring, competent, and helpful. I was accommodated with an appointment immediately, which is almost impossible. She is prudent with her prescriptions and definitely takes a "let's get to the point" approach, which I appreciated more than I can explain as my time is valuable too . Her demeanor might seem, to some, somewhat clinical but that's exactly what I was seeking. As in any evaluation, honing in on factors accrued throughout an entire lifetime in 60 minutes has got to be difficult, but this provider was by far the best I've worked with in doing so! I had a strategy in place and felt better within hours of my appointment. If you want warm fuzzies, talk to a counselor or join a support group. If you want thorough, thoughtful, caring, and effective solutions, I would highly recommend this provider.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016

Worst ever. refused to help. Nasty.First visit today is also last .

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

SHE TOLD ME SHE WOULD NOT HELP ME BECAUSE I ENJOYA GOOD GLASS OF WINE

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

Horrendous. In the seven years I've been going to psychiatrists this is by far the worst experince I've had. Cold and bitter she made me list off all the abuse and trauma with no hint of trying to connect with me. Spent the whole time typing, and did little to pay attention to what I was saying, I was constanly having to repeat myself. Toward the middle of the appointment I started noticing a familiar pattern of propaganda washed over the things she would say. Only prescribing certain meds, suggesting switching from one of my long term meds because of a side effect only to find out it cause the exact same side effect. I did not feel confident in her knowledge about pharmaceuticals, she seemed outdated and not current with most recent data. She had even gone so far to make a comment about veteran ptsd sufferers and how "they are all a bunch of stoners now." By the end of it I felt worse than I did coming in and the only bright side was the beautiful building and wonderful receptionist. Please reconsider scheduling any appointment with her. Your health is more important than her kick backs and overall unprofessional, condescending attitude.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

HORRIBLE! Worst experience with a psych professional in my entire life! Walked out of her office feeling worse about myself than when I walked in... Very little eye contact, typed on her computer the whole time, walked out with 3 scripts for sleeping medication (what?! Seriously!), didn't give two craps about anything I had to say, constantly cut me off, never once asked why I was there, extremely cold, quiet and simply unprofessional! Only nice thing about this visit was admiring the old house it's located in! I'm in shock! How is this woman still in practice?

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

I had an excellent experience with her. She was very helpful. After struggling with medication, she helped me find what is now working for me. She is very efficient and professional. I would highly recommend!

Submitted August 4, 2015