Ratings for Dr. Eileen Spangler

I wish I had read reviews prior to making this appointment, but I got the name from someone and didn't consider checking around. She will not, and I repeat, will NOT answer phone calls or emails, and there isn't much on her website to help in this regard. I asked about getting a med refilled that she had messed up on, and she finally (after I kept trying in various manners to get hold of her) told me (in writing as she NEVER calls) to make another appointment to discuss. Now mind you, I had just been in for one where I received the incorrect prescription! I guess it's a good way to make money -- make someone come in two weeks in a row??!!! All I can see is that everywhere you turn, it's trying to make more money. Nobody answers the phone, she doesn't respond to anything, billing is a joke. I do not see how she maintains patients; maybe they are like me, just reluctant to start all over again. When I deal with other doctors and other medical professionals, I have never felt at such a loss as to how to get hold of my "doc" (in quotes as she is NOT a doctor). Other than driving to her office and waiting for her to exit her office, I didn't know what else to do. The last straw, after the medication mixup which pretty much left me fuming and ready to slash her tires, I then got a bill for much more than I have paid in the past. Upon calling the unhelpful billing, I found out she raised rates (dramatically) without telling me!! Who does that? I hope with all my heart that she gets kicked out of this profession. And she does have some problems herself, clinically. What they are, I don't know, but they are definitely there. Please listen to me and do not go to her; spend the time researching another place. You will want to thank all of us for posting reviews.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

My experience was very similar to many I have read on here. Things started alright, but she was nearly impossible to reach when she needed to be. When you call her number, she doesn't answer so you have to leave a voicemail. She responds with a generic email and then refers you to her archaic, horribly designed website. When I responded to her email, she simply stopped responding. Only fills prescriptions for 30 days, with no reminders of appointments, no prioritizing response times, or anything of the like. Had the pharmacy not repeatedly told me she would not refill my medication, I probably would have heard nothing back. Incredibly unprofessional and rude. I never did receive a refund for my "no show" appointment which was cancelled through her secretary. Take the advice of all these horrible reviews and move on to someone else.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

First appointment was good; she ended up getting me on a successful medication. Her website is archaic and poorly designed- forms filled out beforehand are done in microsoft word without any formatting, but I looked past this when making my intake appointment. She ended up being 30 minutes late to my second appointment, claiming that she "never got my text" even thought after 10 minutes, I asked the receptionist to please notify her I was there since I was on a short lunch break. She went on vacation and forgot to refill my meds, so I was without any over the holidays for 2 weeks, when I was supposed to be tapering. By my third appointment, I called to cancel 3 days prior, without answer or call back . When my bill came, I had a $50 "No Show fee" which the billing person I talked with stated I could not remove. Again, I called her personal line with no answer, no call back. There is no way to pay over the phone, most likely so they don't have to deal with billing mistakes. I am disappointed and will not be back.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

Eileen was most helpful until I missed an appointment. You cannot ever reach her by phone. She will not return calls. Email responses are generic in nature and she will only refer you to her website. Getting a prescription refilled can be a nightmare if you make the same mistake I did. She has no sympathy for mistakes or if you have not memorized the policies on her website. It does not matter to her how critical it is that you have your medicine. Or how damaging it can be to go without, to her. She will not show any sympathy if you do not schedule an appointment. Started off good, went bad... Twice now I have tried to get prescriptions refilled well in advance and have gone without trying to get it done! I was supposed to have a 90 day refill and only got 30 days. Now it is a waiting game again... So I found out fro the Pharmacy that she will not refill and told them she was no longer seeing me. So she only refilled for 30 days instead of 90 as always and I didn't even know I was no longer a patient! If it was not for the Pharmacy I would never have been notified!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

I would give zero if I could. I warn you to please please stay away. Horrible service overall, we missed an appoint and called to set up a follow up and to see if she could fill an emergency prescription for my daughter who is a teen and bipolar. It disgusted me how inhumane she sounded, she did not address my child by first name at all nor did she seem concerned that she has no medication, there was no sympathy in her response. She send a general email ( wouldn't even call me) to say no appointment will be made and that cancellation fee needs to be paid before. At which I offered to pay if she gave me the amount and I kindly asked her again to fill an emergency prescription for my child, I told her she needed it at which she did not even touch the subject only said it will only be done during the appointment which she never gave me. I should have listened to all the reviews but her web page portaits her to be someone who she is not in my opinion which is a caring individual who wants to help. I am so dissapointed. I hope this review helps someone and avoid this type of situation.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

After seeing Eileen for a year I needed to cancel an appointment because I was in a very stressful process of moving and my grandmother being placed in hospice care. I only needed a 2 week refill before I could come in for an appointment. Eileen would never answer my question as to whether or not I could have a refill. I ended up having to go in for an appointment and was not able to leave town when I needed to in order to see my grandma one last time, and she died on the day of my appointment. I feel like medical professionals should be able to respond to patient’s medication needs much better than she did.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

She was a very judgemental person who told me I didn't have problems she wasn't qualified to assess. I wish I could send her reports from MRIs and specialists who contradicted her immediately wrong snap opinions. She doesn't know what she is taking about.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2016

My recent experience with this provider was extremely positive. I found Ms. Spangler to be very intelligent, caring, competent, and helpful. I was accommodated with an appointment immediately, which is almost impossible. She is prudent with her prescriptions and definitely takes a "let's get to the point" approach, which I appreciated more than I can explain as my time is valuable too . Her demeanor might seem, to some, somewhat clinical but that's exactly what I was seeking. As in any evaluation, honing in on factors accrued throughout an entire lifetime in 60 minutes has got to be difficult, but this provider was by far the best I've worked with in doing so! I had a strategy in place and felt better within hours of my appointment. If you want warm fuzzies, talk to a counselor or join a support group. If you want thorough, thoughtful, caring, and effective solutions, I would highly recommend this provider.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016

Worst ever. refused to help. Nasty.First visit today is also last .

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016