Ratings for Dr. Jonathan Bland

Saw him at the walk-in clinic, as my regular doctor was unavailable. He had a simple task (a refill) to do but then he expressed inappropriate affection by putting his arm around my body and lower back as I got up to leave, as he stood very close to me. He was more pleased with his gesture then I was! Unnecessary touching is not therapeutic. He is not my friend nor my boy friend. Unprofessional. Do not see him alone if you are a female. The College would not even take this seriously.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2016

I think Dr. Bland is an excellent doctor. I have been going to him for more than 25 years. He definitely is not syrupy sweet. He listens, gives you options, and treats you like a partner. He also has a wicked sense of humour and is the most punctual doctor I have ever met.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Dr. Bland is a fabulous doctor for me and my family. He can present as a bit uninterested, but I think he's just listening to the concerns and taking in the information. He's not going to hold your hand and be syrupy, which some people interpret at poor bedside manner. He's very to the point. I find him to be very caring, and highly recommend him as a GP.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

He is undoubtedly the rudest uncaring Dr. I have ever seen. Serious behavioural issues. I will be filing a complaint to the college of physicians.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

I am reporting him to the BC Medical Board for inappropriate and uncalled rudeness to a patient in a severe state of depression. I am astounded the man still is practising and I see many others have had similar experiences.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

Worst doctor I ever saw. When I asked him (at age 45) if I needed a pap test because I hadn't had one in 3 years he said "no" when I told him my mother had cervical cancer he said "only promiscuous women get cervical cancer" I was so offended I had no idea what to say. I did finally get another doctor, I would never go back to Dr Bland even if I was dying.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

Four years ago I met Dr Bland. Very business like, very up to date and, after breaking the ice, very fun. First and foremost you get a real sense that you can trust this guy. ...and I do.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Dr. Bland is fantastic; punctual, listens and provides thorough feedback and advice.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

After 20 years of service for myself and siblings.......I rate Dr. Bland as an excellent General Practitioner!! Judging from some negative comments below....if you are looking for a doctor to fix your life....keep walking. If you want the facts, some measured support and to be treated like a capable adult, involved in your own health care and the personal responsiblities inherent in that care......Dr. Bland is your man. Don't be late...and oh, sure...sometimes he is a little bland!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

Extremely rude and inconsiderate doctor. Lacking such care and concern I refuse to see him at the walk-in clinic.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2013