Ratings for Dr. Paul B. Hunter

I have to say I have never met a nicer, caring, and gentle doctor and his staff is nice also.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

At first I liked Dr. Hunter. Seemed nice, knowledgeable, and caring. Even told me I needed to gain weight because I was too small. Towards the end of my pregnancy he brushed off all my concerns (this was my first child) I had with swelling, pain, bleeding and other issues. When I did go into labor he REFUSED to come to bedside because he was seeing patients in the office. My baby was too big and become lodged. When he finally showed up the whole nicu team and neonatologist was at bedside. He finally got my baby out who wasn't breathing. By the grace of God and great nursing staff my baby is fine. I however have some injuries that will need surgical intervention. I also had to go to the ER 1week postpartum. He didn't come to see me then either. The office gave me a hard time getting my records when I needed them for my new gynecologist also

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015

Dr. Paul Hunter is a great Doctor he cared for and delivered both of my children. I have a lot of other complications and he is great at getting back to you and letting you know what the near future holds for you. I would strongly suggest him and his practice to take care of any needs. However the new change in computerizing everything I have notice changed the place a little bit. Now it seems things are being slower to get responses. I will continue to receive treatment from him.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

The worst experience ever. Very rude. When my appointment was scheduled, I told his staff about the reports from my er visit 2 weeks prior, they said they would get them before my appointment. The day of my appointment the doctor said it would take 2 days to get them, so he put me through the same tests as the er, 4 weeks earlier. I was diagnosed with one thing in the er and his diagnosis was another. When I asked for an explanation of his findings, he said I was one of the unlucky ones. Needless to say I left his office very upset and confused about my well being.

Submitted March 12, 2014

Dr. Hunter is a great Dr. and always makes sure his patients are well taken care of as well as listened to.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013

Dr Hunter has delivered 2 of my children and I am now seeing him for my 3rd. So needless to say I have been going to him for quite some time. He is like no other Dr I have been to, especially when it comes to your girly parts. He is very professional, caring, concerned, and knowledgeable. He wants to make sure his patients are taken care of and when you are in the hospital after delivery he is there even though he has patients in his office waiting for him. If you are looking for an obgyn and you are uncomfortable because of his gender don't be, because Dr Hunter is very caring. Thanks Dr Hunter for all of your care!!!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

I had a hysterectomy at a very young age under Dr. Hunter's care. A decision of having me take an aspirin daily my whole pregnancy (lasted 7 months). Even when I was hospitalized for almost a month for hemorrhaging at home, I was still given the aspirin. After I had an emergency c-section (for hemorrhaging again), I had an emergency partial hysterectomy 10 hours later because they couldn't stop the bleeding.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

Great dr. I have been going to him since I was 16. He makes you comfortable and he is very knowledgable.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2011

Dr. P. Hunter is very professional and listens to any concerns you have about your body. He explains things to you so you actually understand what is wrong and his examinations are thorough yet quick. The only problems I have had would be the lack of room within the waiting area. It is usually crammed full and I have had to stand once or twice on a busy day. This is to be expected when there is more than one doctor located in the office. Depending on the amount of patients he can keep you waiting for a few minutes in the room but he makes up for it by paying full attention to you and your needs the moment he walks through the door. Overall, I feel that Dr. Hunter is very respectful, caring, and completely knowledgeable as well as pleasant to speak with.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

Dr. Paul B. Hunter's Credentials

• West Virginia University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Charleston, WV