You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Lawrence Welsh

Dr welsh has been our family doc for 5 years. While he can be blunt at times he is always helpful and makes sure you understand things before you leave. You always leave with a printout and info! He is great with our children and is patient carefully listening to what you have to say. He is not quick to break out the prescription pad and send you on your way (which we so appreciate) he takes the more natural and wait and see approach... No overuse of antibiotics with this doc!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

Our dr wasn't available so saw dr Welsh, prescribed something for my son, and told me if I would've looked online I would have seen what kind of rash my son had (after dr.'s constantly say don't self diagnose). The off the shelf cream didn't work, went back and said I did not want to see dr. Welsh, got in with a different dr. Who brought dr. Welsh into the appointment. The new dr said the cream wasn't right, dr. Welsh said the pharmacy gave me the wrong stuff and that the rash is now different. Then proceeded to tell me I needed to have a discussion on how to take care of my babies skin (drying after a bath, and mousturizing) my husband and I both have eczema so we know all about drying skin and moisturizing. Can't stand this dr!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

Fantastic knows the lot and is a great family man. Loved by us all

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

I found out early that I was pregnant. Because my numbers were low and a first scan did not show a viable pregnancy at 4 weeks he seemed me not pregnant. A second opinion and a second scan later I had a viable healthy beating baby inside. Had I taken his advice and started birth control that day, I very well could have had a miscarriage. Luckily a second opinion sent me in the right direction. I will not see him regarding pregnancy ever again.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

the worst!!, detestable!!! Was not willing to hear what I was telling him. not a nice doctor!, im suprised he even has any patients!!! nor is he nice to kids, i dont recommend this man to anyone!!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2014

I started with Dr Welsh almost as soon as he opened in practice in Mission. Knowing I'm a difficult patient with unique needs it wasn't until I got to know him that I appreciated his style. At first his blunt/direct style was unfamiliar - but I realized that I actually appreciated him as one of the best Dr's I've had. (And I've been around the healthcare industry longer than most medical professionals) He never forgot my case or name, was caring, open to discussion, encouraged/directed my own education and "self care needs". He's an advocate of technology, carrying with him his "Dr Ap's" & mobile devices and embraced new office technology to ensure continuity of care within the FraserHealth. His practice is pretty busy - but still he opens his clinic to walk-in hours to ensure you have timely service. He's a foreign trained dr fr the UK, which brings a dif outlook. His office staff are awesome too! How often do you know your MOA's and Office Mgr's name? I will miss their support.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2013

Dr. Welsh is a great doctor. He is very knowledgeable and down to earth. I like his direct approach and he listens to my concerns. He understands the politics of Worksafe BC. Although his appointments are rarely on time, this is most likely due to the fact that he takes the time to both listen to and explain any patient concerns. I would highly recommend this doctor!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2011

Seen him in the Er one night..was all day without my medication...we we on a trip and my medication was coming with my husband a day later..he didnt beleive me called me a drug head and everything....i flipped at him..the next day when my medication came i rushed in the hospital and slapped it in there face..they didnt know what to think..he is so rude and disrespectful...if i ever go to the er and hes on i leaving!!!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2011

Dr. Welsh has been our Family physician for 5 years. He is pin point accurate on diagnosis and very fast to diagnose issues as well. He is one of the most knowledgeable doctors I have ever met in my time. He has a great sense of humor and great with kids. (Big kids too :) )Not just knowledgeable in the medical field, but also has a great apptitude for the policies and regulations along with the politics as it relates to WorksafeBC and ICBC.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011

older builing, close to hospital, listened, appears up to date, computerised, funny

flag | Submitted April 19, 2011

Dr. Lawrence Welsh's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr welsh has been our family doc for 5 years. While he can be blunt at times he is always helpful and makes sure you understand things before you leave. You alw..."

November 4, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Our dr wasn't available so saw dr Welsh, prescribed something for my son, and told me if I would've looked online I would have seen what kind of rash my son had..."

December 2, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Fantastic knows the lot and is a great family man. Loved by us all"

November 24, 2014