Ratings for Dr. Steven P. Miller

From Oct. 2016: The psychiatrist who agreed to a non-permanent surrender of his license is: •Steven P. Miller (Louisville) – The Board alleged that Miller was treating a female patient who was an exotic dancer and, on returning from an out-of-town trip, he drove to the place his patient was performing. She sat on his lap without recognizing that he was her psychiatrist, she left when she realized who he was, and Miller allegedly stayed on the premises and talked to her later. Several months later, the patient overdosed on drugs, but before passing out put her parents in contact with Miller by phone. Miller allegedly got the parents to bring their unconscious daughter to his residence, put her in his bed, allowed her to live with him for a period of 7 to 14 days, fed her, took her out to dine with him, and had an inappropriate relationship with her during that time.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

I have been seeing psychiatrists for 10+ years. This is the first one who truly listened to what I had to say and who genuinely cared. We would discuss medications that were working and what wasn't and he helped through it all. Not only was he great with my med checks but he also listened to what was going on in my life. Don't typically get that with psychiatrists. They only discuss med checks. Was very sorry to have to stop seeing him because I got divorced and moved away. I would highly recommend Dr. Miller.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2012

Dr.Miller is a great doctor. I had a stomach problem that would make me sick every day sometimes all day and sometime lasting for a month or more. I would actually live in the bathroom for a month just getting sick. This went on for about 15 years i'm shocked that i'm still alive. I went to many doctors and had even been hospitalized twice once for a week and nobody could help me. I resigned myself to the fact that this was my life and would have to deal. I could even go out to a family dinner or to a restaurant without having to go home and be sick. I finally found Dr. Miller and he worked with me and figured out what to do. Without him I don't know where I would be now. I haven't been sick for over a year and have my life back. Thank you Dr. Miller. I am moving out of state and will really miss him. I just hope I can find someone as good.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011

Horrible cold detached self-absorbed RUDE person. Incompetent and awkward with patients. Only interested in grabbing the co-pay and drop-kicking patients out of his basement office. You will be far better off driving further to find a caring competent doctor even if he is the closest, and even if he is the only doctor that is always taking new patients and always has free time for appointments. There is a reason he is always available, always taking new patients, always has an open schedule. He is horrible! RUDE, HOSTILE, HORRIBLE.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

Dr. Miller has improved my life dramatically, and in only 6 months. I came to him at the lowest point, slightly agoraphobic and fearful of losing my job after a dismal performance evaluation. Now I have been promoted, and little setbacks no longer ruin my day. He is the ultimate "friend in deed". I have never waited by my appointed time, always easy to adjust my appointment, and HE ANSWERS HIS PHONE when you call him.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2011

I felt Dr Miller was excellent and really listened well. He was personable and he knows his business. This Dr comes highly recommended by me and I am in the health field myself, which says alot. He is very good with medication. You shoould try him.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2011

I have suffered from longstanding depression and anxiety. Despite previous care, I never felt quite right. Dr. Miller was very methodical in his approach and over time I felt better and better. At this point, with his continued encouragement I can honestly say this is the best I can ever recall feeling!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2011

I was bouncing around from doctors, mainly because my insurance would change, but as luck would have it I bounced to Dr.Miller. When we first met, I was on a cornucopia of drugs which were not working. We spent some time getting to know each other, which was a pleasant task for me. Dr Miller has a straight forward manner that shows both compassion as well as professional interest. (By the way, he's also just a fun guy to talk with.) He changed my meds and now my wife daily thanks the Gods of psychiatry that he took me for his patient. Yes, he made that big a difference. I too am delighted with the treatment and am doing fantastic. Doing fantastic is a good thing to be doing. If you need help, he's a great guy and a great doctor. Professor Jeffrey S Fox, Math, CU

flag | Submitted December 21, 2010

Dr. Miller is considered one of the highest rated due to his expert knowledge of medications and treatment. Don't be in a hurry. It took years for you to get sick and it may take a long time to get well. The balance of medications can take a long time. He is fast to react to emergency cases with fast working meds. Then he stabilizes you with long lasting meds. He is a wise choice. Take time to know him he is a human being just like you. He is exellent at what he does.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2010

If you want the best treatment in the country, visit Doctor Miller. He has helped me be a positive/relaxed person for a long time now.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2010

Dr. Steven P. Miller's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1976)