Ratings for Dr. Richard Kofsky

Do not go to this dentist!!! I wish that 20 years ago that a rating system was available. 20 to 23 years ago this dentist started doing work on my teeth. At the age of 30 he said I had the teeth of an 80 year old due to grinding. He did half a mouth of veneers and then many crowns. I left the office due to his behavior and comments. I had to have 3 crowns removed and it took my gums 3 weeks to heal from the mess he made with my crowns. on other crowns he ground the tooth down so much that the crown has not stayed on for than a couple years then I have to go through another new crown. Now I am considering having this tooth that was healthy pulled for good. Thanks Richard. You made a huge amount of money messing up my mouth and now other dentists are too by cleaning up the mess you made. You are an embarrassment to the profession.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2017

Please do yourself a favour and find anyone else for your dental needs. One visit was enough to realize this "dentist" should not be allowed to practice dentistry. Extremely rough and overbearing, he would not answer any questions, he did a very quick cleaning and was out of the office before I had even settled the billing information. I would definitely NOT recommend the dentist at any level!

Submitted September 6, 2017

One visit was enough! The way he treats his staff is deplorable, even though the staff acts like school children. He seemed to be in a hurry to do a first visit check-up and was extremely rough with his examination. I would advise anyone to think twice before booking an appointment.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2016

THE ONLY DENTAL OFFICE THAT YOU GET A HYGIENIST LEFT THE TOP PART OF MOUTH UNCLEAN BECAUSE SHE SAID SHE RAN OUT OF TIME AND TOLD THE CLIENT TO COME BACK AFTER A MONTH TO FINISH THE CLEANING???THAT WAS NOT HYGIENIC AT ALL! THE HYGIENIST JUST DUG INTO THE CLIENT'S MOUTH AND LET THE BOTTOM PART GET INFECTED BY THE UNDONE PART OF THE CLIENT'S MOUTH! OBVIOUSLY SHE DOES NOT WHAT SHE IS DOING!WHERE IN THE WORLD YOU GET THIS TREATMENT? AND WHERE IS KOFSKY THAT TIME? NOWHERE TO BE FOUND! I AM SO DISGUSTED AND DISAPPOINTED!

Submitted October 7, 2014

Kofsky is a terrible dentist who is out to get as much money from your medical plan as possible. I'm in utter shock that he has so many great reviews on here. I would give zero stars if possible. When we inquired as to the costs of the dental work he recommended, he ACTUALLY said to us "Think of it this way... in a year your plan covers everything except for $300, so you don't really have to worry about what it costs." SICK. When we asked for an explanation of the work he was suggesting, he was incredibly condescending and made us feel like idiots for not knowing all of his dental terms. He was also grossly rude to his assistant, barking orders at her the whole time and making us feel super uncomfortable. Our last appointment there was almost 2 years ago, and just today I had a call from them saying I was due for another appointment. It took them 2 years to follow up with that? Uh uh... never going back. You don't need to be treated like a dollar sign... find another dentist.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

I really enjoy going to The Smile Centre. I have heard Jackie has been off for a while now so her daughter Alicia has been filling in for her. I must say she is doing much better than a year ago. There has been a constant change in staff which I find a bit frustrating. Dr. Kofsky is constantly late when I have a 10:00am appointment or running off schedule with the previous patient. Once he fixes these errors, the clinic will run perfectly.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

I am not 100% sure how long everyone has been going to Dr. Kofsky but in the past 3 years this man has done everything possible to not make me fell like a number. Staff is fantastic and the fibe in the office is light and very enjoyable to be around. I would recommend anyone to come here and let Richard Kofsky make you have a bigger, better smile. This feels more like a family then a business and Dr. Kofsky be very helpful in making my smile better then it ever was. Thanks DW

flag | Submitted January 27, 2014

Beware this doctor if you think you have allergies to dental materials ... He is just another yutz that thinks dental materials are infallible and people couldn't possibly be allergic to them.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2013

I read the other reviews and I have to say I have been going to Dr K for sometime now, I transferred from an overpriced dental clinic as Dr K’s office only charges me according to the fee schedule in effect and how do I know about this? The informative and knowledgeable office manager Jackie. On first contact she answered ALL my questions, gave me detailed information about how insurance worked and even saved me on costly insurance fees by setting up a pre pay account. The clinic is not big or fancy but it is clean, modern, comfortable and super friendly. I am NOT a number in anyway! I am treated like a friend. Thanks Dr. K you are a great dentist also a BIG thanks to Jackie, your knowledge has saved me tons and your charm keeps me coming back!!!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2012