Ratings for Dr. Richard Kofsky

Do not go to this dentist!!! I wish that 20 years ago that a rating system was available. 20 to 23 years ago this dentist started doing work on my teeth. At the age of 30 he said I had the teeth of an 80 year old due to grinding. He did half a mouth of veneers and then many crowns. I left the office due to his behavior and comments. I had to have 3 crowns removed and it took my gums 3 weeks to heal from the mess he made with my crowns. on other crowns he ground the tooth down so much that the crown has not stayed on for than a couple years then I have to go through another new crown. Now I am considering having this tooth that was healthy pulled for good. Thanks Richard. You made a huge amount of money messing up my mouth and now other dentists are too by cleaning up the mess you made. You are an embarrassment to the profession.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2017

I have to agree with the other unsatisfied patients. This dentist is very rough, and is more interested in getting out of the office rather than spending quality time with you. Don't let him fool you, he wants the money, even to the point of doing work on you that does not need to be done. Ruined my smile with a big gap between the top and bottom teeth. Do not go to this dentist!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

Please do yourself a favour and find anyone else for your dental needs. One visit was enough to realize this "dentist" should not be allowed to practice dentistry. Extremely rough and overbearing, he would not answer any questions, he did a very quick cleaning and was out of the office before I had even settled the billing information. I would definitely NOT recommend the dentist at any level!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

All the positive comments are written by the so called "manager" Jackie... any dentist who needs to have fake reviews for his practice shows how incompetent this business is. The clinic is not properly maintained, and all staff are over worked and underpaid. In addition, any one off the street can be hired as a chairside assistant!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

One visit was enough! The way he treats his staff is deplorable, even though the staff acts like school children. He seemed to be in a hurry to do a first visit check-up and was extremely rough with his examination. I would advise anyone to think twice before booking an appointment.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2016

I have been a long term patient of Dr. Kofsky's and I have actually written a positive review on his office in the past, however I have to say his office Manger Jackie or Jay as she is called has been out of the office for over six months now. I was seen last May and was just seen recently, she is still not back, sadly I have to say the office is very chaotic and does not appear to function seamlessly as before. Dr. K is all over the place, this new staff has no clue what they are doing. I did not get a receipt for my cleaning nor another appointment. I walked out without paying my bill as no one was there to take my money. This is exceptionally uncommon. I keep being told that Jay will be returning, well I can say that I will not be going back until she does.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

THE ONLY DENTAL OFFICE THAT YOU GET A HYGIENIST LEFT THE TOP PART OF MOUTH UNCLEAN BECAUSE SHE SAID SHE RAN OUT OF TIME AND TOLD THE CLIENT TO COME BACK AFTER A MONTH TO FINISH THE CLEANING???THAT WAS NOT HYGIENIC AT ALL! THE HYGIENIST JUST DUG INTO THE CLIENT'S MOUTH AND LET THE BOTTOM PART GET INFECTED BY THE UNDONE PART OF THE CLIENT'S MOUTH! OBVIOUSLY SHE DOES NOT WHAT SHE IS DOING!WHERE IN THE WORLD YOU GET THIS TREATMENT? AND WHERE IS KOFSKY THAT TIME? NOWHERE TO BE FOUND! I AM SO DISGUSTED AND DISAPPOINTED!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

Kofsky is a terrible dentist who is out to get as much money from your medical plan as possible. I'm in utter shock that he has so many great reviews on here. I would give zero stars if possible. When we inquired as to the costs of the dental work he recommended, he ACTUALLY said to us "Think of it this way... in a year your plan covers everything except for $300, so you don't really have to worry about what it costs." SICK. When we asked for an explanation of the work he was suggesting, he was incredibly condescending and made us feel like idiots for not knowing all of his dental terms. He was also grossly rude to his assistant, barking orders at her the whole time and making us feel super uncomfortable. Our last appointment there was almost 2 years ago, and just today I had a call from them saying I was due for another appointment. It took them 2 years to follow up with that? Uh uh... never going back. You don't need to be treated like a dollar sign... find another dentist.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

I really enjoy going to The Smile Centre. I have heard Jackie has been off for a while now so her daughter Alicia has been filling in for her. I must say she is doing much better than a year ago. There has been a constant change in staff which I find a bit frustrating. Dr. Kofsky is constantly late when I have a 10:00am appointment or running off schedule with the previous patient. Once he fixes these errors, the clinic will run perfectly.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

I am not 100% sure how long everyone has been going to Dr. Kofsky but in the past 3 years this man has done everything possible to not make me fell like a number. Staff is fantastic and the fibe in the office is light and very enjoyable to be around. I would recommend anyone to come here and let Richard Kofsky make you have a bigger, better smile. This feels more like a family then a business and Dr. Kofsky be very helpful in making my smile better then it ever was. Thanks DW

flag | Submitted January 27, 2014