Dr. Anita Racic MD - Personalized Private Medicine (Non MSP)

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Anita Racic MD - Personalized Private Medicine (Non MSP)

Dr. A. Racic is by far the best doctor I have ever had. She listens to my opinions, give me beneficial feedback, takes action immediately and helps me find the results I have been looking for for years! Not only does she do what I previously listed, but she also takes time to answer any questions I have about medications or symptoms even if I am unable to make it to here office! I cannot thank her enough for her help on my journey to become healthy.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2019

An extremely caring and knowledgeable practitioner. She attends post graduate seminars and keeps update on conventional as well as alternative methods to care for her patients who range in age from youngsters to adults. She is respected by her peers and friends as a person of high integrity and a role model for her profession and a blessing to the community she serves and has served. She is widely experienced, highly respected by her peers and patients and has practiced in Toronto as well as her native Vancouver with dedication and diligence. I highly recommend her without any reservations as an excellent physician.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2019

Dr. Racic is a leading expert in functional medicine and has helped me and my clients tremendously with getting relief and healing from a number of issues which doctors working from a regular paradigm of training had not been able to assess or treat effectively. What distinguishes her from other practitioners in Vancouver is her investment in the most up-to-date medical knowledge and practices and her interest in supporting her patients from a holistic, biopsychosocial, as well as highly technical standpoint. I couldn't have hoped for a more competent support.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2019

Dr. Anita Racic is a colleague for whom I have the utmost respect. She is dedicated to her practice and her patients, and spends time to keep up on the latest in medical science. When I have a complex patients in the pharmacy, I always refer these patients to Anita without hesitation. These patients always come back to me to tell me how much better they are as a result of being under Anita’s care.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2019

Dr Anita Racic is a caring and thorough practitioner who is dedicated to discovering the truth beneath the symptoms that most other practitioners miss. In a very short time she was able to find the underlying causes for my fatigue and body changes that were alarming me but were not of much concern to other doctors I had visited. I am now on the proper natural alternatives for my thyroid issues and my hormonal imbalances. Thank you Anita for giving me such greatly improved health and vitality!!!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2019

Anita is compassionate, authentic, purposeful in her work and has impacted my life for almost 20 years. She was the first doctor who helped me approach my infertility with a practical, non-evasive, healthy approach, opening my eyes to alternative ways of healing. I still remember her advising me to tune into my body and find the wisdom to compare various treatment modalities. She is so real in her approach, delivering difficult results in a patient centred way, being gentle but direct in her explanations. I have benefited from her wisdom and my life has improved in remarkable ways. I define her as my personal coach for life!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2019

Functional Medicine is the best thing that has happened to my health and my life! If it wasn't for Dr. Racic, I would never have found the path back to health. I truly feel that Dr. Racic was able to address certain health concerns that my regular GP was unable to do. For years I struggled with fatigue, general aches and pains, and had even started to develop some neuropathy in my hands. Dr. Racic recommended some specialized testing (GI Map, Organic Acid Test and a thorough blood work up) and was able to uncover my Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Leaky Gut and a Parasitic infection which all contributed to my years of feeling unwell. Since the treatment of these conditions, including addressing diet and lifestyle, my symptoms have resolved and I am feeling more energetic than ever! I would highly recommend Dr. Racic to anyone who values their health and wants to address any medical issues from a root cause perspective! Dr. Racic is very thorough and is able to spend the time with her patients to address their specific concerns, all things that can't be addressed by conventional medicine!!!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2019

Dr. Racic is trained in both conventional medicine and alternative medicine. This gives her a balanced perspective. She also likes to treat the root cause of the problem, rather than just treating the symptoms. She is kind, listens, is empathetic, compassionate, respectful, and easy to talk to. For these reasons, I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2019

I would recommend DR Racic to anyone looking to resolve health concerns which seem chronic, debilitating, and unresolvable. DR Racic is a highly skilled physician who is trained in functional and anti-aging medicine. She has a solid foundation in medicine as well as great listening skills; compassion, and a passion for helping people to thrive and return to a healthy and active life. Prior to seeing DR Racic I was struggling with chronic anxiety, insomnia, and general fatigue. Along the way I also suffered from bouts of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation. Conventional and standard medical practice had offered symptom relief with medication and being put on a waitlist for catheter ablation surgery. DR Racic provided hope with going further to root causes of my condition. Comprehensive functional medicine lab testing which is available only in the USA helped to pinpoint more accurately and thoroughly root causes, imbalances, including my hidden parasitic infections. A DEXA body scan revealed low muscle mass and body density. I embarked on a journey towards wellness with a series of interventions: supplementation to correct imbalances, bio-identical hormones, diet changes, and exercise tailored to address my health issues. Thanks to DR Racic, I am able to return to work and live a full and productive life. My anxiety has diminished to normal levels; insomnia no longer plagues me and my paroxysmal atrial fibrillation episodes have been reduced dramatically. The last episode was almost two years ago.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2018

Submitted December 9, 2018

Dr. Anita Racic MD - Personalized Private Medicine (Non MSP)'s Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

I provide personalized medicine for people wanting to reach their full health potential. I do this through a holistic approach utilizing the best of functional medicine (looking at root causes) anti-aging strategies and the best of conventional medicine. Not doing general family practice currently.

• English

• Functional Medicine

• Fellowship in Metabolic & Nutritional Medicine from A4M, the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine

UnitedHealthcare