Ratings for Dr. Nirvair Levitt

Dr. Levitt is a great doctor. Great if you are in good health and don't need anything complicated in your medical care. If you notice on this site, most give her high marks for her social skills. Well, if you want a good social visit with little medical follow up, Dr. Nirvair Levitt is for you. Dr. Levitt will very rarely send you for further testing or refer you to a specialist. Dr. Levitt believes that if your condition is severe enough, you can simply go to your local hospital and see the emergency doctor, therefore no need to investigate what might be wrong on her part. Just let it get worst and go to emergency if it's bad enough. That's her formula. Great doctor.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2018

She is very friendly but what I am looking for a doctor, not a friend. I've been seeing her for some time and been asking for specific testing for awhile. Some family member were diagnosed with cancer and their doctors recommended the rest of the family gets tested, I've been asking for a year to get referred and she still hasn't done so. I also had a really serious infection which she diagnosed late after making me see a resident three times as I went back few days in a row and finally went to a walkin clinic and they diagnosed me. But due to the lateness of it, I lost some of my sense permanently. And the staff at reception is THE ABSOLUTE WORST, they are so rude and flat out insult patients for asking how long the wait is when you've been waiting 45 minutes. That leads me to the wait, if you have an appointment, be prepared to wait, see other patients come in and be taken before you, only to then be seen by a resident. She never wants to do more testing and it's always a fight to get some follow up. My naturopath caught my hypothyroid issues (from a blood test Levitt refused to look at in details) and to this day, Levitt says my thyroid gland is okay... well, my blood tests say otherwise.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

I am fortunate to have a Doctor who listens, cares and takes the time to know the patient behind the symptoms. She's a saint. She looked after my dear mother for decades. My Mom would make soup and I would take a jar to her house. When times got really tough, she came to our house. She came to the funeral. Her name is Dr. Nirvair Levitt of Spectrum Health. Believe me, bedside manner is everything. God bless her.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2018

I have seen many doctors over the years and have yet to meet a doctor as amazing as Dr. Levitt. I never feel rushed. I have had to wait Ridiculous amounts of time at other offices only to be send home and then ended up in emergency. I would gladly wait forever to have Dr. Levitt diagnose me properly. Thank you for being a Dr. That listens and understands.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2017

Dr. Levitt has been my doctor since 1994. I am so happy with her as a doctor. She is compassionate, and knowledgeable. She really cares. I have never felt rushed, or just a number to her. She's amazing, and I would travel days to see her. I gave a good for punctuality because often you have to wait 5-20 minutes for her. She's worth the wait. Usually, if you aren't first on her list you will have to wait a bit...but that's because she doesn't rush everyone out. She takes the time it takes to listen and to provide the best of care. Dr. Levitt is an incredible doctor, and doctors like her are few and far between. I gave staff a good score because they changed their receptionist and the new one is young and a bit rough around the edges on the phone. But I think that's because the new generation is anti-communicative. If you are lucky enough to become a patient of Dr. Nirvair Levitt, you won't be disappointed. She's AMAZING!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

Way overrated as a doctor!!! Dr. Nirvair Levitt has a lot of her patients "fooled". Fooled into not getting the tests or procedures done, without them even knowing they are missing out. Dr. Nirvair Levitt is a "master"...yes, a "master" (genius) at brushing a patient's symptoms off. She has a lot of good one liners. "Don't worry about it"...."We don't do that test here" (pretty absurd, hey)...."I don't miss anything" (yet she probes very little and tests on almost nothing)..."There is a long wait for that test" (so why even do it is her thinking)...amazing! Some doctors care more about MSP (costs that Medical Services Plan encures) more than patient care. Dr. Levitt, in my opinion falls in this category. She is the classic type of doctor that will likely catch cancer in stage 4....not stage 1. Definitely not stage 1! Why? Again, she brushes off all abnormalities in blood work as a "one off" type of guessing game. She loves to "guess" when she is not sure, but still assures her patient they have nothing to worry about. She loves to give her patients a big smile and hug at the beginning of the visit but this is to make it easier for the patient to later accept her "guessing game" approach and her "lack of referrals" or "lack of further testings" to rule out problems. I'm shocked at how highly rated she is on RateMD. I really liked her at the beginning but now I see the gimmick she runs with her patients. Find someone else if you need a doctor. If you are desperate for a doctor (and I mean desperate), she'll do...but otherwise pick someone else. She has "missed" some pretty big issues in my health that I was very lucky to get addressed elsewhere....when things got worst. I'm now totally not impressed with this doctor. Hard to believe she even became one!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

I am extremely happy she is my doctor! She has helped me so much over many years, She is very compassionate and knowledgeable. Other doctors need to learn from her, she is the best!

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

Dr Lewit is an amaZing doctor she has saved my mom from lung disease also takes care of whole family after I gave birth she is also my daughters doctor she is very helpful, emotionally supportive ! Totally recommend her

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

I just recently got her as my family doctor, she is a awesome doctor to have. I do have some medical conditions and she makes sure I am taking care of it and helps me in all aspects of life.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

Dr. Levitt has been my doctor for over 18 years. She has always been supportive, nonjudgmental and kind. My children adore her. She is also very knowledgeable and not adverse to having tests done or referring me to a specialist if needed. We went through a lot years ago and she got us where we needed to be and was a huge pillar to us all in helping us recover from a bad situation - we were victims of family violence. We would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone wanting a compassionate, kind and brilliant doctor.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2014