Ratings for Dr. Nirvair Levitt

I have seen many doctors over the years and have yet to meet a doctor as amazing as Dr. Levitt. I never feel rushed. I have had to wait Ridiculous amounts of time at other offices only to be send home and then ended up in emergency. I would gladly wait forever to have Dr. Levitt diagnose me properly. Thank you for being a Dr. That listens and understands.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2017

Dr. Levitt has been my doctor since 1994. I am so happy with her as a doctor. She is compassionate, and knowledgeable. She really cares. I have never felt rushed, or just a number to her. She's amazing, and I would travel days to see her. I gave a good for punctuality because often you have to wait 5-20 minutes for her. She's worth the wait. Usually, if you aren't first on her list you will have to wait a bit...but that's because she doesn't rush everyone out. She takes the time it takes to listen and to provide the best of care. Dr. Levitt is an incredible doctor, and doctors like her are few and far between. I gave staff a good score because they changed their receptionist and the new one is young and a bit rough around the edges on the phone. But I think that's because the new generation is anti-communicative. If you are lucky enough to become a patient of Dr. Nirvair Levitt, you won't be disappointed. She's AMAZING!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

Way overrated as a doctor!!! Dr. Nirvair Levitt has a lot of her patients "fooled". Fooled into not getting the tests or procedures done, without them even knowing they are missing out. Dr. Nirvair Levitt is a "master"...yes, a "master" (genius) at brushing a patient's symptoms off. She has a lot of good one liners. "Don't worry about it"...."We don't do that test here" (pretty absurd, hey)...."I don't miss anything" (yet she probes very little and tests on almost nothing)..."There is a long wait for that test" (so why even do it is her thinking)...amazing! Some doctors care more about MSP (costs that Medical Services Plan encures) more than patient care. Dr. Levitt, in my opinion falls in this category. She is the classic type of doctor that will likely catch cancer in stage 4....not stage 1. Definitely not stage 1! Why? Again, she brushes off all abnormalities in blood work as a "one off" type of guessing game. She loves to "guess" when she is not sure, but still assures her patient they have nothing to worry about. She loves to give her patients a big smile and hug at the beginning of the visit but this is to make it easier for the patient to later accept her "guessing game" approach and her "lack of referrals" or "lack of further testings" to rule out problems. I'm shocked at how highly rated she is on RateMD. I really liked her at the beginning but now I see the gimmick she runs with her patients. Find someone else if you need a doctor. If you are desperate for a doctor (and I mean desperate), she'll do...but otherwise pick someone else. She has "missed" some pretty big issues in my health that I was very lucky to get addressed elsewhere....when things got worst. I'm now totally not impressed with this doctor. Hard to believe she even became one!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

I am extremely happy she is my doctor! She has helped me so much over many years, She is very compassionate and knowledgeable. Other doctors need to learn from her, she is the best!

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

Dr Lewit is an amaZing doctor she has saved my mom from lung disease also takes care of whole family after I gave birth she is also my daughters doctor she is very helpful, emotionally supportive ! Totally recommend her

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

I just recently got her as my family doctor, she is a awesome doctor to have. I do have some medical conditions and she makes sure I am taking care of it and helps me in all aspects of life.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

Dr. Levitt has been my doctor for over 18 years. She has always been supportive, nonjudgmental and kind. My children adore her. She is also very knowledgeable and not adverse to having tests done or referring me to a specialist if needed. We went through a lot years ago and she got us where we needed to be and was a huge pillar to us all in helping us recover from a bad situation - we were victims of family violence. We would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone wanting a compassionate, kind and brilliant doctor.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2014

As with the other negative comment: she does have a good bedside manner, but nothing else. Found her to be not knowledgeable & deals with issues/medical problems by prescribing medications, rather than getting to the root of the problem. No follow-up. And did not like the fact that I questioned her practice. Has never auscultated my chest, nor has she ever checked my vital signs...isn't this necessary before prescribing medication for a lung infection???

flag | Submitted February 12, 2012

Dr has a warm loving personality but she falls far short of a good Doctor. 90% of my visits I rarely saw except for a few minutes and far too often I never saw here at all. When I did see her she seemed to have very vague recall as to my medical issues. Three times prescribe significant meds that require follow up as specified by the manufacture. No follow up at all. One serious side effect not recognized at all. I found it through research. The worst was a antidepressant that require very close follow up. I was left on my own and ended up with a sever neurological reaction. Memory loss involuntary movement, retarded speech. Fortunately my specialist saw I was in deep trouble and came to my rescue. The office staff is BEYOND rude, absolutely horrible. If you want a very lovely doctor that you will rarely see, be insulted by the worst office staff and like seeing residents instead of your doctor try Spectrum If you like be insulted and asked "Why are you here????" Give Spectrum a try

flag | Submitted April 22, 2011

It is very rare when you find someone so knowledgeable and also so kind all together in the same person. Even rarer when that person is a doctor, perhaps. She always has one or two residents following her around... never rushed, always kind. Recently she was awarded Physician of the year in Canada... what more could you really ask for in a M.D.? Clearly nothing.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2010