Ratings for Dr. Beverly Saul-Duke

Worst doctor ever...she could not care less about her patients and is NOT knowledgeable at all. She sent me twice for the wrong blood tests throughout my pregnancy, prescribed me medication based on symptoms only without doing any testing, had to tell her what I wanted for my pregnancy blood test, did not examine my spouse when he went in and made fun of him and his symptoms, and the list goes on and on and on. She is always late, and is always rude. I would RUN away as far as I can from her, I wish she got her licence suspended.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Saul Duke for a couple years now regarding digestive issues along with pain in my hands along with many other medical issues. I have been extremely patient and only speak of a couple things at a time and always end up leaving thinking its a complete waste of time. I had to quit my job and move back to the area when I found her. I was laid off from medical ei because my medical issues were so great I was unable to work. I felt she wasnt doing her do diligence to figure out why I was so sick. She also refused to diagnose me with anything or believe how sick I actually was. I think she thought I was lying right from day one. Because she wasnt helping me I didnt get better. Once my medical ei ran out I couldnt support myself and asked her to help me with disability. She didnt want to do it, I could tell. When she finally did, I got denied. She told me she didnt listen to me at all and only went by the facts and documents she had there but also would not send me to many specialits. I had to see her four times for the same issue and beg. The last time I saw her was recent where I told her some serious symptoms and basically wouldnt investigate further than her office and treated me like I was lying and called my symptoms complaints. Then she went on to say. " well I told you from the beginning that we arent a good match". lol why? because Im too sick for you? what, am I not rich enough? I have too many medical issues? or is she racist? Not really sure what she meant by that but It was offensive. I would stay far away from this doctor, she will be responsible for someones death one day for sure. Unless she likes you of course ha ha.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2017

I am torn about Dr. Saul-Duke. I also initially found her cold, not a great bedside manner, and minimal eye contact. After a few visits, she warmed up somewhat, after I'd engaged her with some humour. I did find she was on top of it with sending me for x-rays on a knee injury and an MRI on a 20-year-old shoulder injury that no-one else had ever bothered to properly look into. While I appreciated the information from the MRI very much, she then proceeded to explain the results to me in medical lingo, with minimal translation that I understood, then gave me the report, which I also appreciate, but don't understand and will have to google to translate! I have had two appointments, one just a couple of days ago, where she rushed me a bit because "the nurses want to get home to their families". So it becomes my issue when I specifically tell the nurses what I want to see the doctor for and they don't allot enough time, not to mention that she has been progressively later (as long as 40 minutes) getting onto my appointments? I don't think so! It is so ridiculously difficult finding a decent family doctor anymore! If anyone can make any recommendations, I'm all ears!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

Terrible doctor, never on time, and like previous comments her manner is unacceptable.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

I saw her for a short little while. Refused to do her job, after rendering her useless we switched doctors and immediately the new doctor took his time and made real efforts to help us. My son had tics and she said it was behaviour issues after looking at him for 2 minutes. He was two and was trying to engage with her and she was just plain rude and now it turns out he might have autism- major fail on her part. And for me, I got diagnosed with Mixed connective tissue disease but she refused to even send me for an x ray. Ball dropped twice. Precious time wasted. She also refused to cooperate with other professionals- it was bruising to her ego. As the mention of anyone else would offend her.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Attentive and Knowledgeable.. Nothing but great things to say,. Our family has been seeing her for 1-1/2-years and she is awesome. Reaches out to other specialists and follows through with her promises. She also makes the patient accountable to follow up with what she has recommended as a course of treatment. sorry people have had a bad experience, but we have had great experiences.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

I like her. She takes her time, reviews medical records and answers questions politely. Cant' agree with any of the negative comments but if too many people like her it'll be harder to get an appointment :)

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

I have to agree with all of the negative comments. I have never had such a terrible doctor. I am actively searching for a new family doctor and will just go to walk-in clinics until I find one. She is cold and just doesn't care at all. I don't want to 'chit chat' either but I think it is important that the doctor actually listen to your complaints. She seems put out and annoyed to do anything for a patient, even if it is a serious condition. I have had to leave my appointment with her and go straight to a walk-in clinic where they do give me the proper tests and medication (if required). She has misdiagnosed me without following proper procedure and running simple tests to find out what is ACTUALLY wrong. I do not feel safe going to this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

I went to see Dr Saul - Duke to see if she would be a good fit to be my family doctor. She was on time but everything started to go downhill once she started speaking, she is cold, not knowledgable about BASIC health concerns, but the worst was when she was doing a check up on my husband. She didn't take his height, weight, or blood pressure. He hasn't had a physical in over 6 years ( he's now in his 30's ) and she said that he didn't need one. And when she wrote a prescription for him she wrote the wrong amount so the prescription got refused! It been 2 days and she still hasn't been able to fix her mistake. She is the worst doctor that I have been to, dave your time and money.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

I saw her on two occasions because my regular doctor was absent. She was short, cold, and dismissive in character and responses to my questions. I not only felt uncomfortable but belittled even though the misunderstandings or difficulties in the communication was due to her inadequacies to perform as a doctor with procedures such as understanding patient history, preparation for exams, etc. Very unfortunate as she is part of such an amazing staff otherwise.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015