Ratings for Dr. Kiran Cheema

The receptionist is very rude. Not sure why the doctor is always so busy so that the appointments are usually given 2 weeks out.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

The receptionist is alright. The wait time is alright. She says she’s busy but the rooms are usually empty, maybe one or two patients at the time. All these 4/5 star rating is just bs. All the comments about her always seeming to rush you and not listening to your questions and concerns are true. She’s just stuck on her own opinion and not your symptoms and doesn’t prescribe you anything and when she does she doesn’t ask you if you have insurance and automatically thinks you can break your pocket. She comes in gets it over with and rushes for the door to go back and lock up in her office. She cancelled one of my appointments but when I cancelled on her she lectured me and said that she is putting an alert on my profile so that I’m only allowed to have one appointment for one person at a time. That I wasted her 45 minute time slot and she could of booked other people with more urgent issues. Never heard a doctor tell me that my visits are petty. SO UNPROFESSIONAL! Then told me that the reason why she cancelled my last was because I was probably late but I was actually half an hour early. I was so offended by her rudeness! Her true colours shown as to the ones when she tried to be nice in the beginning. I come from Toronto to Mississauga with my two babies to see her and every time I talk about something wrong with my babies she over looks it, makes me feel stupid and tells me to use or do something that obviously a mother would already be doing. Also she follows a strict guideline for what you should be doing with your baby at certain ages which is just ridiculous because she seems to think these children aren’t little humans and their behaviour or personalities are different.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

I can assure everyone that the bad reviews are real for this doctor. I am very suspicious of the good ones though. Dr. Cheema has refused to see me twice in a row (I have proof), and is constantly minimizing my pain. She had the nerve to tell me that I'm "getting old" and that is why I am having pain, refusing to investigate the issue further. Do "old" people not get healthcare now in Canada? It's not cancer, or Alzheimer's, or menopause...it's just old age! That was literally her diagnosis.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

Never seen a healthcare professional who cares less. Unit clerk is the most rude receptionist ever existed I just had a miscarriage. First pregnancy ever. At firs, dr. Cheema was making me feel like I'm the most paranoid person for every question I asked. When I called to tell them that I'm having a misscarriage, the clerk asked me what I as expecting them to do about it (!!!). I explained this is my first pregnancy so I don't know what to do and I'd like to talk to the doctor because I'm in pain. She told me to go have an ultrasound and dr will call me when they get the results, which by the way, takes up to 7 days. She's my family doctor and didn't even call back to see how I'm doing!!!! As soon as I'm back on my feet, I'll start researching for a new GP! I know that my misscarriage is not her fault but her carelessness and the clerk don't deserve a cent of my family's money!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

dr could be nice but she rushes you out. and the staff is horrible. the unit clerk is rude to you on phone and in person. you wont get appointment for 3 weeks to a month or more for family doctor needs, the clerk will bluntly suggest you to go to a walk in clinic. you have to beg for appointments with the clerk and she will fight with you until you hang up and the staff is lazy too may be cause the clerk is a family member. worst place to go cause the staff wont let the doctor be accessible to you. the staff wont call you if your tests reports are up or not and they will expect you to keep calling them untill they say its okay to come. worst experience ever, been in canada for 35 years never seen a service like this at the desk, i think the first lesson in health school is to be ****ing polite to patients. never recommending anyone. again doctor is nice but worst staff, the clerk with glasses.

Submitted August 27, 2017

Dr. Cheema is one of the worst family doctor's I have had. I have been seeing her for over a year and never had her diagnose a single condition properly. As a result, I have always had to go in emergency and have had much better treatment and diagnosis at walk-in clinics. She is unapproachable, has a terrible bed-side manner, tunes out her patients and treats based on her 'opinion' of what might be wrong rather than the symptoms and independent lab results. All in all, I would never recommend her to anyone.

Submitted August 8, 2017

Dr Kiran Cheema is the best family physician I have ever had. Very patient and co-operative . Her staff is also very friendly and welcoming. Would definitely recommend her to others.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017

rude staff - met her 2x and both times I felt as though doctor wasn't even listening to my concerns. I am not able to make appt passed 12pm. doctor is almost never there. and with my work schedule - I can only do afternoon appointments. - also you have to register with dr. cheema first before your initial meet/greet. doesn't make sense, you should be able to meet first to see if you want this doctor before registering with her.

Submitted July 13, 2017

EVERYTIME I attempt to book an appointment, there is no availability. They say their hours are 9-5 but this never seems to be the case as they are always full. I even attempted to book 1-1.5 months in advance and i was told on the phone the particular day I requested was booked. Although dr. Cheema is very nice and knowledgeable, her availability is very poor always leading me to seek the walkin clinic. I will be looking elsewhere for another doctor as the service is not reliable. Very disappointed

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Dr. Dropped the ball with my son's med issues. She took no interest. All referrals were ordered by emerge Drs. Receptionist is incompetent. Schedules an appt for you and when you get there, there's no appt booked. This happend twice! I've heard 2 patients come in saying they're there for same time slot appt. She always tells you to be On time for your appt but when you get there you're waiting for 1/2 hour -45 mins. I waited an hour and a half for a Dr referral she scheduled me for. Go somewhere else where your time is respected, get good quality service and excellent med service. My entire family will seek a more professional Dr experience.

Submitted June 21, 2017

Dr. Kiran Cheema's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Assurant