Ratings for Dr. Kiran Cheema

Best doctor ever. Staff is very friendly. Always accommodates me on the same day. Very punctual and knowledgeable. Gives lot of time and pays attention to all issues. Would highly recommend to all my family and friends.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

I truly can’t believe some of these reviews. Dr Cheema has been my doctor for 8 years and I have never been dissapointed. She is always there to listen. Great staff as well. Some people must have ridiculous expectations if they aren’t happy.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

Her front desk staff are horrible. I regret switching over to her, she is very detached and shows no concern for her patients. I was falling apart with mental health issues (that she was aware of), she would just prescribe anxiety meds that didnt do much for me. When I asked her to make a psychiatrist referral, she wrote me a requisition to check my thyroid again... Even thought we just did 2 months ago and everything was fine. I told her this, she responded to ya lets just do It again. My life was a mess and each day my mental health was getting worse, i had no more time to waste on these games she was playing... I ended up going to a walk in and they made the referral. As a result i ended up getting EXACTLY what i needed to recover. Had I trusted Cheema and wasted more time... I dont know what would've happened to me. This doc is not competent and doesn't even care to listen. She will just rush you through your explanation, interrupt your rebuttal and abruptly end the appointment. Pleaseeee believe the recent reviews and do not consider her as your new family doctor.

Submitted March 9, 2018

I have been going to Dr. Cheema for over a year now, my honest review of her care and treatment of patients is not good at all. The quality of care at her clinic is very low, the receptionist is very rude and I have never once had a decent visit without feeling rushed, yelled at or made to feel inadequate. You will never be allowed to even mention more than one medical concern, you will always feel rushed and won't even get to finish your sentence before you are cut off. I would not recommend her to anyone. I have never been rushed so much before by a doctor. I think her only goal is to see how many patients she can possibly see in any given day. Please consider before signing her up as your family doctor, as a patient you deserve much more than Dr. Cheema offers. I am appalled and as a medical student myself I hope nobody will ever have to endure the low quality of care that Dr. Cheema and her clinic provides. Please be advised.

Submitted December 22, 2017

Terrible doctor, she does not care about her patients. Be prepared to be rushed in and rushed out without having your concerns recognized.

Submitted November 30, 2017

Overall, she is a volume shop. I went there with a few issues that needed to be addressed and was immediately cut off and told we can only deal with one issue per visit. At around the 15 min mark she said she had other patients to meet with. She overbooks her schedule to maximize her income while also decreasing her level of patient care. At her location patients are generally packed into a small waiting room then ushered into a revolving door where minimal empathy and knowledge is applied. The only plus with her is that she is punctual.

Submitted November 30, 2017

The receptionist is alright. The wait time is alright. She says she’s busy but the rooms are usually empty, maybe one or two patients at the time. All these 4/5 star rating is just bs. All the comments about her always seeming to rush you and not listening to your questions and concerns are true. She’s just stuck on her own opinion and not your symptoms and doesn’t prescribe you anything and when she does she doesn’t ask you if you have insurance and automatically thinks you can break your pocket. She comes in gets it over with and rushes for the door to go back and lock up in her office. She cancelled one of my appointments but when I cancelled on her she lectured me and said that she is putting an alert on my profile so that I’m only allowed to have one appointment for one person at a time. That I wasted her 45 minute time slot and she could of booked other people with more urgent issues. Never heard a doctor tell me that my visits are petty. SO UNPROFESSIONAL! Then told me that the reason why she cancelled my last was because I was probably late but I was actually half an hour early. I was so offended by her rudeness! Her true colours shown as to the ones when she tried to be nice in the beginning. I come from Toronto to Mississauga with my two babies to see her and every time I talk about something wrong with my babies she over looks it, makes me feel stupid and tells me to use or do something that obviously a mother would already be doing. Also she follows a strict guideline for what you should be doing with your baby at certain ages which is just ridiculous because she seems to think these children aren’t little humans and their behaviour or personalities are different.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

I can assure everyone that the bad reviews are real for this doctor. I am very suspicious of the good ones though. Dr. Cheema has refused to see me twice in a row (I have proof), and is constantly minimizing my pain. She had the nerve to tell me that I'm "getting old" and that is why I am having pain, refusing to investigate the issue further. Do "old" people not get healthcare now in Canada? It's not cancer, or Alzheimer's, or menopause...it's just old age! That was literally her diagnosis.

Submitted October 19, 2017

Never seen a healthcare professional who cares less. Unit clerk is the most rude receptionist ever existed I just had a miscarriage. First pregnancy ever. At firs, dr. Cheema was making me feel like I'm the most paranoid person for every question I asked. When I called to tell them that I'm having a misscarriage, the clerk asked me what I as expecting them to do about it (!!!). I explained this is my first pregnancy so I don't know what to do and I'd like to talk to the doctor because I'm in pain. She told me to go have an ultrasound and dr will call me when they get the results, which by the way, takes up to 7 days. She's my family doctor and didn't even call back to see how I'm doing!!!! As soon as I'm back on my feet, I'll start researching for a new GP! I know that my misscarriage is not her fault but her carelessness and the clerk don't deserve a cent of my family's money!

Submitted October 14, 2017

Dr. Cheema is one of the worst family doctor's I have had. I have been seeing her for over a year and never had her diagnose a single condition properly. As a result, I have always had to go in emergency and have had much better treatment and diagnosis at walk-in clinics. She is unapproachable, has a terrible bed-side manner, tunes out her patients and treats based on her 'opinion' of what might be wrong rather than the symptoms and independent lab results. All in all, I would never recommend her to anyone.

Submitted August 8, 2017

Dr. Kiran Cheema's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients