Ratings for Dr. Nimesh Nagarsheth

If you don't mind being treat like a 12 year old where he doesn't include you in the decision making process or explain his course of action and you have no say in what is done to you then go to him otherwise if you want to be treated with dignity and respect stay away from him. His skills in the operating room from what I can tell are OK. I found him to be rude and arrogant will never go back to him again. When I criticized him for this he complained that I didn't thank him for helping me. I felt next he'll want me to kiss his ring, UGH

flag | Submitted September 12, 2018

A+++++++++ Surgeon I had severe endometriosis along with fibroids which caused significantly changes in my pelvic anatomy. I had gone in for surgery with another surgeon at first, but while open on the operating table they decided not to proceeded, as the surgery would be too risky. Needless to say, I was very disappointed but also very anxious as I had been in extreme pain for many months, so much so that my life was more and more affected. For two weeks out of every month I was confined to the vicinity of my home. No other treatment options had been successful. Would I ever be a productive member of society again? I was referred to Dr. Nagarsheth and within one week I was in surgery. Within two days of surgery I needed nothing more than Tylenol for comfort. By one week post op I needed no pain meds at all!!!! How on earth did he do that? Even though I am still healing from a major surgery, I have more energy than I have had for the past four years. He and his staff at Mount Sinai hospital are warm and comforting . This is especially important when you are anxious about serious issues. If you have severe gynecological issues, he will give you the best possible care. In my experience, he knows how to make the best decions in the toughest of situations.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2018

Dr Nagarsheth is a wonderful, kind, and a compassionate surgeon. He had met with me several times before I was able to have my surgery. I had a fast growing fibroid the size of a five month pregnancy that weighed four pounds. I live out of state. I am one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Dr. Nagarsheth's skill in dealing with bloodless medicine is like no other. I had met with eight other surgeons that perform bloodless surgery but they wanted to remove my ovaries and cervix, try UAE, and have it performed laparoscopic. These surgeons had no idea what was best for me. In contrast Dr. Nagarsheth, took the time to look at all my medical records, examined me, and clearly explained all my options, he even spoke with me several times over the phone and made me feel better each time that he was the right man. He evaluated me as a person and my situation, not just another statistic. I had to wait over five months to have the procedure performed because of my insurance, but it was well worth it. If I would have had the surgery some where else, I do not know what would have happened. It was a fast growing fibroid that had built its own blood supply. It was a very vascular surgery, the veins were very big. I had only my uterus and tubes removed. It was just an hour and twenty minutes, the blood loss was only 100 ml, and I stayed in the hospital for only one day. My recovery is going well, two months now and no side effects or problems. If it wasn’t for Dr. Nagarsheth and his willingness to help me, the outcome would have been different. He is a phenomenal man. His office on the other hand, had given me some difficulty. The surgical coordinator, Donna could give you a run for your money, but what I learned is don’t back down. Be persistent. Stay calm. Speak to the right people if she isn’t helping you. On the other hand, others in his office were great. His receptionist, Yesenia was wonderful. She was very helpful and she got me to speak with him on various occasions. I met with Dr. N. several times before the surgery and each time, I was more and more convinced of his skill, ability, and compassion in performing this surgery. He is a world renown surgeon for bloodless medicine and because of him my recovery is going exceptional. If I could give him ten stars for this review, I would. He is awesome.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Nagarsheth by my breast surgeon who had been in the O.R. with him a few times and seen him in action. He told me he was an excellent surgeon and nice. Both true! I had found out I was BRCA 1 positive and had to make a decision about what to do quickly, for peace of mind and because my health insurance deductible would be starting over a few weeks later. Dr. Nagarsheth saw me within 36 hours of talking to him... and I was on the schedule for 10 days later...which was moved up with a cancellation. All during the christmas holiday period! He is a warm, compassionate man who quickly outlined my options, made a recommendation and instilled a real sense of confidence and trust in me. It is so rare to find someone who can be succinct but not cold and is both super smart AND nice. I had two tiny incisions and a dot! and could hardly believe he could take out two ovaries and tubes. I took 3 pain pills and was out walking a few days later. He returns calls personally and really cares about your outcome. He is very devoted to women's health issues. I highly recommend Dr. Nagarsheth!! And he also works out of Mount Sinai in Manhattan, which is where I had my surgery.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Dr. Nagarsheth is very compassionate and extremely gifted surgeon. He is highly respected by his peers and staff. I am so grateful to have found him to perform my surgery, after going to 2other doctors, that only confused me . From the first appointment Dr. Nagarsheth addressed all my problems the best way, answered all my questions in a warm, professional way and delivered expert health care. My surgery went very smoothly and my recovery was quick with no pain and no medication at all. I am so happy that I selected Dr. Nagarsheth as my surgeon and I just recommended him today to a friend. Thank you Dr. Nagarsheth!

flag | Submitted December 19, 2014