Dr. Carl Kihm

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Carl Kihm

Simply said, Dr. Carl Kihm gave me my life back! I have had eight foot surgeries between both feet and have had the top rated Orthopedic doctor try as well as two other podiatrist try to get me walking without pain. As people with foot problems can attest too; it is very hard to live a normal life with foot pain. Well, it got so bad I began to research the best of the best that were around town. Dr. Carl Kihm's name continued to pop up. I read every article about him that I could find and gave myself three months to make the decision. I wanted this surgery to be the last surgery I would need and I wanted to be able to wear stylish shoes again without pain. I took the step and made my appointment. I couldn't believe how well I was treated from that phone call until my last visit. Dr. Kihm is EVERYTHING and then some. He has everything you want in a surgeon. He's compassionate, extremely approachable, caring, humble, and kind. You will feel completely comfortable in his hands with his skills! All my questions were answered without a rushed feeling. I was told exactly what he was going to do and even saw the results other patients have had. My before and after x-rays speak for themselves! Now here is the best part - I was up and walking without pain, in a walking boot and back to work in two weeks. His surgery prep and recovery plan is like none other. My family and friends could not believe it; nor could I. Foot surgeries are very, very painful! I thank God everyday I'm walking pain free! Thank you, Dr. Kihm

flag | Submitted March 21, 2019

What nice thing can I say about Dr. Carl Kihm that everyone else hasn't said. I am not sure but I do know one thing. This man is an Angle sent from heaven. The excellent work he does along with the communication and the compassion is has for every patient is phenomenal. Dr. Kihm I would recommend you to anyone needing your services because there is NONE BETTER than you. God Bless you in your travels and all that you do.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2019

Dr. Carl Kihm is beyond excellent! I had had previous surgery done on my left foot which required essentially rebuilding my foot. It was extremely painful for months and I was left with a floating toe which interfered with being able to wear some shoes. I had postponed doing the other foot which was equally needing surgery because I really didn't look forward to the pain and time of recuperation. While on a trip, I thought I had broken my second toe because it began to bend over the big toe preventing me from wearing anything but opened toed shoes. My primary care doctor recommended Dr. Kihm and I'm so glad she did. He talked with me about the surgery he would have to do extensively and answered every question I had even using models to enable me to comprehend every detail. I never felt he was rushed and his wonderful kindness put me at ease. Following the surgery, he explained medications and procedures to follow to my husband. From the beginning of my recovery I was amazed at how much less pain I experienced even though the surgery was more extensive than my first surgery done by another doctor! My recovery has been much shorter with excellent results. Dr. Kihm is one of the kindest and most thorough doctors I've had and I highly recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2019

My son was 12 when he first hand foot injuries while taking Tae Kwon Do classes. We had his foot X-Rayed and it showed no injuries. We were told he must have slightly sprained his ankle. A year later he hurt his foot playing basketball and we had his foot X-Rayed again and we saw a thumb looking image on the top of his foot bone. Our primary doctor had no idea what it was and referred us to a podiatry office. We went to our first appointment and this was when we met Dr. Kihm. Dr kihm told us that he had reviewed his X-Ray and said our son had Talar beak. He explained what this condition does to a person foot and what will happen if we do nothing to fix it. Dr. Kihm answered all our questions and explained the entire procedure and what the recovery process would be. Dr. Kihm told us he had done this procedure before and all his patients had recovered and was able to continue all their normal daily activities. We were concerned about our son’s ability to participate in sports in the future. A year after the procedure we saw Dr. Kihm and we looked at his X-Ray and everything looked good and our son was cleared to play the sports he wanted to play. We are totally satisfied with all aspects of the process and with the Dr. Kihm. Dr. Kihm has made this entire medical situation as painless as possible, and reduced the stress level that parents can go through to the absolute minimum. We gladly and highly recommend Dr. Kihm to anyone who needs foot surgery and recovery. He is very thoughtful, caring, and easy to talk to. I am retired Army and have had surgery on my knee, feet, and head, if the Army doctors had half the quality of caring Dr. Kihm has it would have made my experiences with these surgeries a whole lot less painful!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2018

Dr Carl Kihm performed surgery on my foot almost 4 years ago. Today I have seen my 4th Podiatrist in an effort to get relief from the pain caused by this surgery. All four doctors have agreed that the surgery was not done well and I have permanent damage. 2 toes were pinned when we agreed on 1 toe. The bottom of my foot was cut when he said he would only cut the top. Permanent pins were put in my toes as opposed to pins you can pull out or dissolving pins. He did not suggest these options after I told him I was uncomfortable with pins left in. I have suffered for four years from what was a "simple surgery". Blood flow was cut off for a period of time and my toe turned black and has not regained function. Their is a large amount of scar tissue on the bottom of my foot and toe that causes immense pain. My toenail fell off and the skin on my toes are abnormal and the toes are stiff with no movement. I have tried physical therapy, stem cells, PRP, massage, neuromuscular massage and cryo over the past 4 years and spent well over $15,000 and countless hours of my life on therapies. When this first happened Dr. Kihm had no answers for me and did not seek any answers as I had asked him to do. I was a very active women with a job that required me to be on my feet. My life has changed and I am no longer active but spend most of my days trying to manage the pain. I have tried to forgive but the pain and limitations are a daily reminder. This was my experience with Dr. Kihm.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2018

I have rheumatoid arthritis. I lived in pain for at least 15 years. Dr. Kihm operated on both feet. I am so grateful for him. I can walk now without pain. He was very thorough. Listened to my complaints and took care of me. He still does. I highly recommend him to anyone who needs a podiatrist. The girls in the office are wonderful as well. He deserves his 5 star rating.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2018

The dtaff is super friendly and always make you feel welcome. The atomsphere is great! Dr. Kihm has a lot of patience and willingly to listen. He makes his patients his number 1 priority and I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2018

Dr Kihm is the best surgeon I know the staff is so friendly and respectful I would recommend Dr Kihm to anyone great personality and takes time to listen to his patient

flag | Submitted July 5, 2018

I am a 16 year old girl that wants to join the army in 18 months. Dr. Kihm made that dream possible. I had two previous surgery’s, one on both feet down in Savannah, Ga to remove a bone spur on my heal performed by a different doctor. However that surgery just caused way more problems than it solved and it left me wishing I never did it in the first place. I couldn’t wear shoes with backs on it due to the pain I felt for over a year. When my family and I moved to Indiana we made sure to get my feet re-evaluated to see if someone could do anything to help, and thank god we came across Dr.Kihm. He is the type of doctor that you wish for. The type that knows your name instead of your problem. I went to my first appointment and my mom and I already knew we made the best choice we could have. Less than two months later we were scheduling surgery. I had the first surgery on my right foot to look for a trapped nerve under scar tissue as well as detach my tendon from my calf muscle and loosen it so it wasn’t pulling on my bone so tight from the last doctor. I was completely blown away with how much better it was right off the bat and it just kept getting better. I was walking sooner, I was feeling great, and I finally got to wear a normal shoe. A couple months after that I had my left foot done for the same thing. After my right foot I didn’t think a better experience was even possible but I was very wrong. I am currently two weeks post operation and I am feeling great. I have no pain, I will be walking in the next week or so and I am so blown away by just how great he is as a doctor. He made me feel comfortable through it all and I would highly recommend him for anyone and everyone. Because if Dr. Kihm, there will be one more U.S Army soilder .

flag | Submitted June 28, 2018

The staff is lovely. It always seems to take forever for him to see you, waiting room wait time and exam room wait time, but I'd say that's true of any doctor though. However, the time he spends with you seems very rushed, like he just gives you a look over and hurries you out. I've been seeing him all this year for a chronic pain in my ankle that my last podiatrist ignored (it was there before my surgery in Jan 2017 and was there after surgery) and Kihm has been ignoring it too despite the bruising and swelling.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2018

Dr. Carl Kihm's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Kihm earned his Bachelor of Science degree from Juniata College in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania in 2005. He then attended the Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine where he received his doctorate in 2009. In June of 2012, Dr. Kihm completed his three-year podiatric and surgical residency training at DeKalb Medical Center in Decatur, Georgia. Dr. Kihm’s training emphasized foot and ankle reconstruction, trauma and elective procedures. He works with a non-profit organization, called Healing the Children, and is a team leader of annual surgical mission trips to Kathmandu, Nepal. These missions serve pediatric patients with complex congenital deformities and adults with neglected deformities. Dr. Kihm has lectured throughout the country and he has authored articles in journals and chapters in textbooks. He is a faculty member and lecturer with The Podiatry Institute, an international teaching foundation for reconstructive surgery of the foot and ankle based in Atlanta.

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2009)