Ratings for Dr. A Shatla

This doctor doesn't listen, doesn't care, and is poorly skilled. I had heard only bad things about this doctor, but there isn’t many options in the Utica area, and I figured it’s just injections; it’s not like I was letting him perform surgery on me, so I went against my better judgement. I repeatedly asked him to be more gentle with my botox injections for migranes. I would end up having more pain the first week, because he' so brutally rough. At this point he injected me 3 or 4 times. One time I had a droopy eye, but this last time he actually gave me a black eye and left me with one eye shut. He hit a nerve which completely shut my left eye 1 week after the injection. Driving has been extremely dangerous and it’s hard to read my computer screen at work, just to name a few. A couple days after the injection I sent the doctor an email showing him my left eye was shutting and the black eye he gave me. I kindly addressed that I was sending it because I want him to understand when I ask him to be more gentle, that I am not exaggerating. He also put one injection in each shoulder and each shoulder had a small bruise because he is so brutal, but my eye wasn't just a small bruise, it was dark black and blue and impossible to disguise. In my email I asked if we could work on how he injects my botox. He never replied. I called his office that same week and told the receptionist my eye was completely shut now. Still never heard back from him, a nurse or any staff. I went to Albany the following week to see if a plastic surgeon could help me. She was livid and disgusted how he left me. She said "I've seen people get drooping sometimes, but your eye is completely shut. I've never seen anything like it". She was mad and expected HIM to correct his error. I told her he would not get back to me. She then said she didn't know which made her angrier and what he did is completely unacceptable. FYI: In the 3 years I’ve known her this was the first time I’ve ever seen her mad. Anyways, she prescribed me drops because driving was too dangerous with 1 eye, but let me know this would only slightly open my eye if at all. She said I would have to wait 3 months for this to wear off. The first month and a half my eye was completely closed. It started opening slightly about the 7th week, but it’s still way more closed then open, not to mention it’s embarrassing. I called Dr Shatla’s office again more than a month after this happened, and he still never replied to me. Anyways, I’m lucky enough that this will eventually wear off, but please do not take your health into this doctors hands, even if you think it’s something simple. I rated him on health grades and put a small review with no details but Dr Shatla must have somehow got it removed. I’ve contacted health grades yesterday to ask why they removed my review. So even though his ratings are already very low, just realize there may be even more, and more serious complaints about this doctor that he may have got pulled.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2016