Ratings for Dr. Roy Kwok-Yau Chan

While I won't mention my exact issue/concern, I will say I have been experiencing these symptoms and wanted a diagnosis and a remedy. As it had been occurring for the past year, and was not normal considering my diet/lifestyle has been consistent for years and these symptoms just started to occur this year. This doctor is rude. Very antagonistic attitude. Lacks compassion and empathy. Listed my first symptom/concern and he was quick to interrupt and downplay concerns/symptoms as a trivial reason to come to the clinic. He conjectured. "So you're here for a minor inconvenience (referring to my actions taken as a result of my symptoms)?"He did not take what I had to say seriously "oh come on", "come on." Gave questionable advice/suggestion, and when I asked how it might help/further elaborate, he was quick to cut me off and raising his voice saying something along the lines of are you going to listen to me not? Left the clinic for the first time very dissatisfied with the service.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2018

Dr. Roy Chan is the most caring doctor. His knowledge and assessment is excellent. He detected my mother's rare cancer, which no other doctors could find. He listens his patients and consider sincerely. I've never met family doctors who are better than him.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

This doctor does not listen and is not compassionate. I indicated that I don't normally see doctors (over 2 years since last visit) and only came to walk in clinic due to really bad cough which kept me up at night. I had already tried over the counter cough syrup. He wouldn't prescribe any stronger cough medications and suggested trying other 'over the counter' medication. He also suggested trying 'Chinese' store cough syrup as another option. He doesn't listen to patient concerns. I would not go back and suggest others to stay away from this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2014