Ratings for Dr. N Zarate-Lopez

When she was a registrar or as in plain English, a student she cared for the patients. Listening, and truly cared to treat. In the recent years, she showed her true colours. Careless, ignoring patients, she is rude when asked a question and clearly incapable of knowing. I was send the wrong scan results and the patient is stage 2 liver cancer and she insisted it was me. The hospital numbers different, stats the same, symptoms different and she insisted it was me. Well even if it was me why I am not treated for cancer? The students who made the mistake, mixed the results, mixed the files from a decade ago and ignore my symptoms, my deterioration and I am still interested. Maybe the UCL that is the number 1 cause of damage and death are on purposely employ people like her and the students that the minute they enter medicine school the utterly irresponsible GMC gives them license to practice. As long as you show your receipt and £380 the gmc allows anyone to butcher patients. Zarate has the typical attitude of arrogant people from her country, limited, with madrigal problems and this reflects in her work. The arrogance and parading in corridors of the hospital flirting away is seriously pathetic. She doesn't know what she alleged she does and sadly instead to send the patient to specialist she keeps them on follow up. Don't forget when is getting paid £300 per patient. This is what majority of medics do. Just keep patients for their personal financial gain. An absolute violation of medical law and the gmc allows this and covers them up. They are ripping off the NHS and there is no stopping them. Whatever you do, ask anyone else, go private, change hospital. She can't treat anyone as she and as most in UCL are there to abuse the NHS. Avoid her as you'll only deteriorate. I'm barely kept alive with supplements and she is clueless what to do. And refuses to refer me to a specialist. So if you read about the patient who died because of this woman's greed and arrogance that will be me. Stay safe and refuse to see her, you are allowed to second opinion. Use your patient right. Good luck everyone, I hope my experience Neill help you. Get well soon.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2019

She is clueless and unable to treat anyone with enteric nervous system malfunction. She is arrogant and rude when the patient asks a second question and as she doesn't know. Her knowledge is the standard generic and nothing of a neurogastroenterologist. Her malpractice and negligence causes patients to suffer. It's been two years I see her and sadly she is booking me follow ups just to tell me that she refer me for further test. To waste my time to travel for hours to the hospital at the time she could send me the appointment. Useless and clueless waste of NHS funding.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2019

Really the worsT Doctor in the UK. Please do not go to see her. She does not listen. And makes serious mistakes that risk your life. She is not willing to consider the patient at all. I doubt these so - called five star reviews are from her patients. Why is a terrible Doctor who has been reported to the GMC working at UCHL?

flag | Submitted November 5, 2019

I have been under Dr Zarate-Lopez for the past couple of years and during this time she has listened carefully to my ongoing problems, trialed me on some excellent medication and organised very timely tests and scans all very close to one another. My treatment is still ongoing and I am am happy to be under her care.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2019

This doctor left me to die. I would never see her again or recommed anyone else do either; however I have seen her treat others with the same conditions differently so I did take it personally but she's not worth the risk. She had plans that were discussed in a meeting one appointment and then the next she told me she could not do anything more for me after telling me I would have no quality of life and would malnourish and die. She kept cancelling appointments until one day I had to fight for her to see me, only for her to discharge me; Without referring me to any health professional or services. She did not consult with the professionals I was under at the time or GP so they could not do anything until she had which she did not. So I became lost in the system with an enteral feeding tube she left insitu with no care, the feeding was not working, I did not tolerate it and she was fully aware of this. I deteriorated to the point of death, the feeding tube had been left in for two whole years. I started receiving pallative care, caught a serious infection and then a doctor from a total different hospital and region saved my life and started to care for me. I had to be fed intravenously through my heart something she told me was dangerous and not worth it because I would 'definitely get a line infection and blood clot". If I was cared for properly if she didn't do what she did i wouldn't be in the psotiion i am in now. Without the heart feeding I recieve I would die and it is her fault, it could have been avoided. I didn't want to blame anyone but she did this to me and it would be wrong for me not to share this and let it happen to anybody else. She told me there was no point in any of the treatments including operations I was on waiting lists for because i 'would definitely wake up worse and get phantom pain'. She gave no evidence of this, just said "trust me I have seen it in others" (even though she said theres no one to compare me to) or trust me "it's in your best interests". I gave her the benefit of doubt so many times, I was compliant and gave respect she did not deserve she often forgot who I was, my name and got my conditions and gender wrong. Being a wheelchair user also changed things and her attitidue towards my care, it was her fault I was in one. She lies and does not fulfil her 'promises'. She made diagnoses without even informing me, I found out most things through inconsistent confusing letters. She does not like to be wrong and she does not listen to the patient. In my experience you are not allowed to know yourself better than she does. As well as all this she has poor communication skills; she did not inform other professionals in my care of things, this affected my care massively. I spent months and months in her care admitted into hospital and I left worse that I went in. I went in walking and left in a wheelchair. I was a Guinea pig they needed statistics and diagnosis once they got them they disgarded me, they don't like to give treatments or use resources that are available. She and the hospital she works at are not interested in preserving lives. She and a member of her team always asked me why I was so fixed on wanting a diagnosis, that I should just forget about it and get on with my life. It was the most ridiculous thing I'd heard. Having had enough one day I wrote a constructive letter to her, I know she recieved it because all the other professionals responded, she did not. She ruined my health and life, I am disgusted and shocked that even after reports to the GMC she's still able to practice. I do not feel like a person anymore and I hope one day she acknowledges what she has done.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2019

Doesn’t listen - has ruined my daughter’s life Will be making an official complaint

flag | Submitted July 11, 2019

The Best Consultant, Kind, Caring , Knowledgeable, I couldn't ask for a better Consultant. Has been through and tried everything to manage and treat my complex medical problems. I can't thank or praise Dr Zarate-Lopez enough.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2019

I would not recommend this doctor as not only she didn't help me, but my meeting with her had a negative impact on my treatment and aftercare.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2019

I had the great misfortune to come across this doctor as as inpatient. She refused to accept my ME diagnosis which is the reason why I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome, IBS. I had a serious relapse of my ME and an IBS flare up as a result. I went along with her plans as it was the only way to get the rehab I needed. That was a mistake, and my hospital admission was a disaster. She is distant and remote, ignorant and arrogant and she doesn't listen. She works behind the scenes and doesn't tell you what is going on. She broke every commitment she made to me without informing or consulting with me about a change of plans which caused untold problems for me with other doctors and the nursing staff. She is capricious and untrustworthy. Therefore my recommendation is to stay away from this doctor if you value your health as she will not help you, she will only make a bad situation worse.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2019

I didn't have a great experience with Dr. N Zarate-Lopez. She didn't listen, spoke over me and got things wrong in a letter. Maybe she was just having a bad day, but I would not go back.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2019