Ratings for Dr. Mark Viljoen

I could never say enough as to how wonderful Dr. Viljoen is. He is respectful, kind, caring, listens to his patients, and is also very knowledgeable about addiction medicine. He is one of the first physicians that I have ever not felt judged by when dealing with my addiction, even when I was going through some rough patches. All he did was support me through them and help me get my feet back on the ground. I know I wouldn't be as well off as I am, both in my recovery and in life generally, if it wasn't for this wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

After over 6 years I have to say that, while I am sure he means no harm, he is not the best listener. During my treatment (not an easy one, it is true), I was often mystified by his logic and decisions about what to prescribe, how to taper off medications, and how to consider the individual experience of the patient before writing a script. When I finally addressed some of these issues he reacted very defensively, saying he was going to hear me out-- but kept talking over me. He is also quite chronically up to 40 minutes late, even when there are very few patients to be seen. I'm sorry, I feel I've given him a chance but he hasnt instilled much confidence in me by his track record so far.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

An addictions specialist who doesn't see his patients as a number. This man cares about the people he treats.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016