Ratings for Dr. Reyhaneh Ghadaki

Met this GP for the first time - she was rushing, was not listening to my concerns, did not make eye contact until 2 minutes into the interaction & seemed scattered. Needless to say, I do not want this type of GP handling my care. Will not be continuing on with her. And the search continues to find an excellent GP in the city....

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

I went to see Dr. Ghadaki about a year ago as my family doctor is in another city and some chronic pain issues finally forced me to find a local one. Finding a GP accepting new patients is almost impossible so I was thrilled to find one a few blocks from me. What a mistake that was. This was by far the worst interaction with a healthcare 'professional' I have ever had. Within the 10 minute intake appt I was granted and without any medical history at all she diagnosed my pain as psychosomatic (despite the MULTIPLE neurosurgeries I have had over 15 years) and determined her special brand of CBT to be the only cure... Seriously? While I believe one can and should take control of their mental health, diagnosing a patient with mental illness and in need of CBT in less than 10 minutes and without any medical history is beyond irresponsible to me. While I determined to never go back, the need for a referral to a specialist by a GP sent me into her office again – I was led into a treatment room and left to wait for her, a treatment room, I should add, where the desk I was placed at was covered in the previous patient's personal mental health information - including their name/address/etc. I have filed a complaint with the Information and Privacy Office of Canada. This woman should lose her licence.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Terrible experience, she is the worst doctor I have ever encountered. She is rude, has no knowledge, no bedside manner, full of herself and looks down on her patients. She should not be in this practice. She certainly needs to see a therapist for her behaviour. I would never recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2017

I can understand why Dr. Ghadaki is not for everyone. When I first started seeing her, I felt she wasn't for me. The reality is, she's a great doctor who is doing her best to run an increasingly busy clinic. She's knowledgeable, but knows when she's not the best resource. On different occasions, she's brought in another doctor from the clinic to get a second opinion, she's referred me to excellent specialists, has personally gone to her pharmacist to sort out prescriptions for me, and has provided me with other contacts for non-regulated health specialties. She's been caring when I've broken down in tears in her office, she's reassured me when I needed it, and she's held me accountable to my own actions. I think this is where people have a hard time with her, and it's where I had a hard time with her at the beginning as well. She's all about accountability and results. She's happy to help, but the onus is on you to make the right choices to live your healthiest life. If you've ever taken CBT before, you'll recognize the attitude, but if you haven't, it's a hard wake up call for sure. She wants the best for you, but that's going to mean you'll have to put in some work too. On a side note, I've not taken her CBT because it holds some strict rules that I don't think I'm willing to abide by (ie: no alcohol). She was up front with me about what her program entailed and said that it wasn't for everyone. It was really refreshing to have someone be so honest. That's one of the things I appreciate the most about her, her honesty and clarity in all situations. Wait times are a little all over the place right now, but that's to be expected with a busy office. I think it's important to keep in mind that this is a very new practice and they are trying to sort out methods of intake better and coincide with provincial regulation (Patient's First Act). Operationally, they could use some work, but that's to be expected when piloting new systems of scheduling. I expect that when the practice is more established it will even out again. Even with the waits that sometimes happen, it's still not a crazy time waste. I think people forget just how bad wait times are in other places like overrun walk in clinics and hospitals. Well One is no where near that.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

I saw Dr. Ghadaki about 5 times before deciding not to go back. At first she seemed very helpful and caring and took her time to talk to me. That changed at each visit. She would become more rushed and agitated and would often speak to me in a condescending way while trying to force her CBT program down my throat. I was struggling with mental illness and binge eating disorder. I once went in for a follow up appointment for medication that I had been on for 30 days, I wasn't feeling well, was having trouble eating and sleeping and had lost 20 lbs in a month. I simply called the office and scheduled an appointment with Dr. Ghadaki. Once I was in the appointment with Dr. Ghadaki andwas trying to explain to her that nothing was working and I still felt horrible all the time, she became agitated with me and told me this was too heavy of an appointment for her and she didn't have time. She then began scolding me saying I should have booked a longer appointment because she only had 10 minutes. She wouldn't let me talk and cut me off every other word. As I was trying to explain how I had lost 20 lbs in one month she said to me, "Well you wanted to lose weight didn't you? Now you're losing weight, whats the problem?". She pretty much belittled me and attacked me for the entire appointment. Never went back.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

First time seeing her and the woman doesn't​ smile (don't let the photo fool you). Was half hour late for the appt and rushed through it like a stone cold biatch. Worst meet and greet ever.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I get why some people might not dig Doctor Ghadaki, she's to the point and won't waste your time or hers. She's the most honest doctor I've ever had. Even if she's unsure about a possible diagnosis, she'll say so instead of letting you run around like a headless chicken she'll send you to the appropriate specialist or second opinions. I don't know why people need to be coddled in their adult lives, I just want the information straight up. If you like honesty, a sprinkle of personality and good health care, come to this clinic. I just started CBT with her and it's the best decision I've ever made in my life. Just one pro-tip about general appointments: if you're a new patient, they only do quick 10 minute appointments, so come with the most important issue and book additional appointments to talk about each thing you need help with. That's how they're able to see you as quickly as they are.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

If you are looking for an understanding and professional doctor, find someone else. She is not very organized, even after seeing her a couple times she asked me more than once if I was new. This was very odd as I'm sure she has a record of my visit and she was staring at the computer screen and had my file in front of her. She also seemed to have mixed up her time and said she was supposed to see another patient first. Thankfully, she didn't walk out on me. When I went to see Dr. Ghadaki, she was rude and unprofessional. She was talking in a demanding and condescending way to her assistant about the furniture arrangement in the room with an elevated voice (not something you should do in front of a patient). She also talked to me condescendingly and practically yelled rudely to me about personal information. The waiting room was full and only separated by a glass wall, so my confidentiality was not respected. And the tone she talked to me in was rude and ignorant. She never asked my personal history and had no idea whether I had undergone trauma. If I had, she would certainly scare me away from ever opening up or seeking medical advice. This shocks and horrified me as she says she specializes in mental health. Yet, she lacks sensitivity and professionalism. I seriously worry for patients that see her.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Second time with this doctor. First time she was nice and helpful. So I decided that I would walk in to her office again. Second time in, she was late, rude, cut throat and did not let me talk. She kept interrupting me while I was explaining what was wrong, and had an opinion before I had finished talking. (She turned out to be wrong btw) She apparently has x-ray vision and can tell what is wrong with you by just looking at you. I was not impressed and this is the last time I will walk in to her clinic. Clearly her level of care depends on her daily mood. She needs to learn to be more professional, consistent & improve her bed side manner. Also listening to the patient helps.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Undergoing Doctor Ghadaki's CBT was the best thing I've done for myself. It's life changing. Like all things worthwhile it's not always easy but Doctor Ghadaki will ensure that you get there. I disagree with some things I've read on here. Maybe you weren't prepared to put in the effort but that's on you. You can't expect to make changes without the work but own that and don't blame Dr. Ghadaki. For those considering the program - DO IT! You will thank yourself!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Dr. Reyhaneh Ghadaki's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

Medical Mutual Of Ohio