Ratings for Dr. Richard Blackmore

Staff has always been courteous & helpful. Blackmore is winsome, familiar, knowledgeable, trustworthy, instructive, comfortable, and has had time to listen. Appointment times are kept as close as is possible given the unpredictability of dialogue with patients ahead. Been with him 25 yrs ... wish it could continue but his retirement looms.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

Have had Dr Blackmore as a doctor for 25 years and I have moved to VI so had to find another doctor but he was the best of the best for me and my family.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

Excellent Doctor & Staff. Been my Doctor for over 20 years.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

I have gone to Dr. Blackmore since I was born and he never actually cares about what you come to him for. He is very quick to prescribe drugs before even trying to address the issue or run any tests. I went to him about constant nosebleeds and he said I have a nasal polyp and prescribed a nasal spray that made it worse. When I went back he basically told me not to worry about it and that I probably wouldn't want to bother with a surgery to remove it. I went to another doctor who said it's definitely not a polyp and did the right thing by referring me to a specialist who could easily tell it was a deviated septum. When a doctor puts his bonuses from pharmaceutical companies above the health and concerns of his lifelong patients it really shows how much he actually cares.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

My husband and I have been going to Dr Blackmore for 30+ years. He is a caring doctor, not one to have a hand on the door while half listening. He will take whatever time is needed to take care of his patience needs. So if he's late for your appointment it's because he is taking care of someone else's needs. If he isn't familiar with something, he educates himself on it. He delivered my 2 daughters who are now adults and have chosen to keep him as their doctor as well. None of us want to think about the day he retires😩

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

My experience at this place was just god awful. Tragic to see a doctor of his profession, have a terrible doctors office. Guy mad me wait an hour before I could see him. smh

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

Great doctor and also very helpful staff at the front desk.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

He is awesome!! Always has time for my questions, and explains things very clearly. He is able to maintain a professional standard, yet meet you at a personal level. When I need to be seen urgently for something, he and his staff are always able to fit me in.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

The new receptionist should find a different career. She is unbelievably off-putting and clearly doesn't care about her job.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

I find his scheduling to be uncomfortably arbitrary. I call to book an appointment after being hospitalised, but can't be seen for weeks. My parents, siblings, friends call, and they're advised to show up "any time today". I have a neurological condition, but apparently that doesn't matter. And, then when i do have an appointment, i never wait less than an hour after my scheduled time.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015