Ratings for Dr. R. Eccles

Dr. Robin Eccles performed a LADD procedure on our 5 week old daughter during the summer of 2015. She was incredible!! We have the upmost respect for her and her staff because they saved our little girls life. She was well informed, professional, and kind. I would recommend her to anyone!!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

Showed up for surgery late. Said she could not obtain what was needed for surgery, and then started quoting us studies on lab rats she had just been reading on google, and wanting to perform the same surgery on our daughter. She had already been prepped for surgery, I was distraught and agreed. The surgery made EVERYTHING WORSE. It was so bad my daughter could not even sit. I had asked about this as a possible complication beforehand and she told me there was ZERO chance of it happening. Guess what? it did. And when I called to tell her about it she told me to call back in 3 months if we were still having an issue... SERIOUSLY. 6 months later I get a random call asking to book a follow up. (What should have been done weeks later.) I have never had a worse experience. Would NOT recommend.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2015

This is a review for DR. Eccles who worked at the Alberta Children's Hospital in 2006. Following a diagnosis of tight foreskin, she insisted that my child be circumcised. We asked for a less invasive procedure, bringing up as an example what is called dorsal slit. She refused to perform any procedure other than full circumsicion, on the grounds the child would be laughed at and ridiculed in the showers. The child could not void without assistance, surgical intervention was necessary and she refused to heal. We were lucky to obtain an appointment with Pediatric Urologist Dr. Hyndman who did not require any convincing, he did perform the minimally invasive procedure while warning that later in life the boy may chose to have additional cosmetic procedure if needed. It turned out that no such procedure is even necessary. I find it very unproffessional of Dr. Eccles to refuse treatment which was entirely within her ability on some bizzar personal views of hers.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014