Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jennifer Lai

Great office and amazing staffs. Dr. Jen is great and very personable, take all my dental anxiety out of the door. Very thorough at her exam, and really spend the time to address all my concerns. One of the reasons why I love this dental office is that I know Dr. Jen truly cares about her patients. And that is just so hard to find these days. Will definitely recommend all my friends and family to City Oasis.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2017

From front to back had an A+++ experience. Thank you for making a trip to the dentist feel like a spa like visit.

Dr. Jennifer Lai's response
Thank you very much. It means a lot that you would take time out of your busy day to post this review. Taking care of your teeth doesnt have to be a negative experience! (-: Kind regards from the City Oasis team.

Submitted October 24, 2017

Dr. Jen was absolutely excellent. She walked me through various photos of my teeth and patiently answered all of my questions (I asked quite a few) about what they all meant. She spotted things that previous dentists hadn't, and I feel a lot better knowing all of this new information. I get the sense that she keeps very busy learning as much as she can about this subject matter, because she just had more knowledge generally than any other dentist I've been to. First class experience, very happy customer. Feel very fortunate to have her as my dentist.

Dr. Jennifer Lai's response
Thank you so much for writing this review. You are correct continuing education is a passion of mine. We look forward to having you part of the City Oasis Family!

Submitted October 23, 2017

Been a long time patient of Dr. Jen - and she is one of the best dentists I have seen. She is thorough, communicates effectively and is honest with her treatment plans. She is also great with kids and both my kids love going to the dentist now.

Dr. Jennifer Lai's response
Thank you so much for your kind and honest words... I am so happy to hear that little ones enjoyed their visit.

Submitted October 19, 2017

Always a great experience at City Oasis. I have been to the office for a few times for my treatments now. So I think it's fair for me to write a review for this office now. I have to say it gets better everytime. Which it has never happened to me prior to the visit to City Oasis. I had a lot of dental anxiety always, but dr. Jen has such a way to make you feel at ease and I trust her completely. From this point on, I do not feel anxious to ever going to the dentist again.

Submitted October 11, 2017

Dr. Jennifer Lai's response
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I am happy to hear that you are not anxious about your dental treatment. We will continue to provide you with that extra TLC.

Submitted October 19, 2017

Best experience I've ever had at the dentist! The office was gorgeous, clean, and modern. All staff members were professional, efficient, and friendly. My appointment began right away at the scheduled time. Dr. Lai carefully listened to my several concerns, then thoroughly discussed each with me. She laid out all my options and helped me formulate a clear plan for how we should proceed. She was very professional and friendly, and took the time to make sure I was fully informed about everything. I already have my next appointment booked! Thank you Dr. Lai.

Submitted October 5, 2017

What a wonderful experience at the dentist. I have been searching for a good dentist for a long time now. I read the reviews online before I decided to come to City Oasis dental. And I'm so glad that I did cause the reviews are so true. I have never in my life have such an detailed exam and the staffs are just amazing and welcoming. Great service and very modern and educational. Now I'll never go to anywhere else. Highly recommended.

Submitted October 4, 2017

Dr. Jennifer Lai's response
Thank you so much! We really appreciate your kind words and will continue to provide you with the very best

Submitted October 4, 2017

Such a warm and welcoming, friendly place to visit. Everyone is so knowledgable and organized. My visit was also very educational and therefore, I was comfortable with every decision I had to make about my dental health. They are all very gentle with your teeth too. I would highly recommend Dr. Lai and her team to anyone with doubts about going to the dentist.

Submitted October 3, 2017

Very knowledgeable, patient and caring. I have been here a couple of times and every time better than the last. The location, staff and environment is amazing. no more dreading going to the dentist. Thank you for bringing so much professionalism to this industry.

Dr. Jennifer Lai's response
Thank you so much for your kind words... We are happy you are part of the City Oasis Family

Submitted September 30, 2017

I don't dread the dentist like a lot of people do, however even if I did I think I would feel safe in the knowledge that City Oasis Dental do their very best for their patients. From the time you enter to the time you leave everyone is so welcoming and caring. The clinic itself is also so nice which makes the visit all the more comfortable. Dr. Jen and her staff are just wonderful! I have and will continue to recommend anyone in need of care to go to City Oasis Dental!

Submitted September 18, 2017

Dr. Jennifer Lai's response
Thank you so much for taking the time to say such kind words about the team. We are pleased to have you and will continue to do our very best :D

Dr. Jennifer Lai's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Jennifer Lai is passionate about dentistry. She moved to Toronto at age 16 to pursue her dream of becoming a dentist. Of course this dream does not come from nowhere. Dr. Jennifer grew up in a dental office alongside with her mother and grandfather who were both dentists. You can say dentistry is not only a passion for her, but it is in her blood. Dr. Jennifer Lai received early acceptance into the prestigious University of Toronto Faculty of Dentistry in 2004 as a result of her high achievement in the biochemistry undergraduate program in U of T St George Campus. After receiving her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree in 2008, Dr. Jennifer has continued to further her education by taking numerous post graduate continuing education courses. She is a certified Invisalign provider, as well as be able to provide the traditional wire and brackets orthodontic treatment (Braces) when necessary. Dr. Jennifer has also been trained by some of the best post graduate dental educators in the world, including Misch Implant Institute and the Kois Centre. Dr. Jennifer has been practicing Dentistry since graduating in 2008 and treated thousands of happy patients in Toronto! Dr. Jennifer believes that every patient is unique and different in their own ways. Therefore, we should provide comprehensive individualized dental care according to each patient’s unique needs. Open communication is another vital component for optimum outcomes and ultimate treatment success. Without understanding each patient’s wants and ultimate goals, we cannot deliver the satisfaction we try to achieve. Dr. Jennifer prides herself on being a great communicator and she strives to achieve the best quality care by listening carefully to her patients. At the same time Dr. Jennifer will personally educate each patient in the specific treatment and the overall value and importance of dental health as an integral component of our overall health. Dr. Jennifer cares not only about dentistry, but more importantly she cares about how to ensure her patients are healthy, happy, comfortable, and being well taking care off. Dr. Jennifer is also an active member of the Ontario Dental Association (ODA), American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), Academy of General Dentistry (AGD), International Congress of Oral Implantologistsf (ICOI), and International Association of Orthodontics (IAO). Dr. Jennifer has lived in the core of downtown Toronto neighborhood since 1999. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her husband Ryan and their two wonderful boys Braedon and Blake. Let’s not forget about Max, her 10 year old loyal Dobe.

• English
  • Mandarin
  • Portuguese
  • French

• University of Toronto (Grad. 2008)

• Wisdom tooth extraction