Ratings for Dr. Jennifer Lai

I was very impressed with this dental office. The staff are friendly, patient, and knowledgeable. During my first visit, they went over my dental insurance coverage. Procedures were much more thorough than anything I had experienced at other dental offices. They explained everything along the way and answered all of my questions. The office itself is very nice, with massage chairs in the waiting areas and TVs in the treatment rooms so that you can watch Netflix while they work. I highly recommend City Oasis Dental!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

"You guys are super! Thank you for taking care of my teeth!".

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

I'm not a person who usually writes reviews online, but I have to say that I'm beyond satisfied with my visit at City Oasis Dental. From the first point of contact when I walked into the office, all the way to the treatment room. The whole office and staff have been nothing but great and very personal. Dr. Jen is an amazing dentist, she took the time to explain all the treatment, tests, and procedures, and really educate me about dental health and what I can do personally at home to take care my teeth. No other dental office or dentists I ever visited has been this detailed and patient. I have finally find the dental office I've been looking for after all these years. Thank you City Oasis Dental.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

After our previous dentist retired, we decided to look for a new (and younger) dentist in our own neighbourhood, in downtown Toronto. There were many choices, but after some research we decided on Dr. Lai and her team near Church & Adelaide. We could not be more pleased. Between the two of us, in the past 3 months, we have had cleanings, examinations, fillings and a new crown installed. All procedures went very well, performed with skill, courtesy and a full explanation of what was happening. In addition, the rest of the staff was very friendly, courteous and helpful. We hope to be patients of Dr. Jen and her team for many years to come. Doug & Paulette

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

Awesome experience......the staffs are super friendly and helpful. Dr. Lai is amazing and knowledgeable. My best dental experience ever. If you do not have a dentist in Toronto yet, you should look no further. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2017

Dr. Lai is wonderful. Explains each procedure and takes the time to make sure her patients are comfortable before starting anything. Thank you Dr. Lai - always a pleasure dealing with you!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

This is the best dental office I have been to. A previous dentist pretty much messed up my tooth/gums and I was told the pain was a "live with" so I thought that this tooth would be painful for the rest of my life. Through very thorough x-rays, pics and examination, Dr. Lai found the problem and fully repaired my tooth (that I thought broken). This is such a relief. I have also very sensitive teeth and Dr. Lai was so careful, explaining to me what was going on and encouraging me, that for the first time of my life I actually had a very good experience at a dentist's. I chose Dr. Lai dental office because it was close to my office but also because of all the good reviews on this website. I am so glad people posted the reviews here. I totally recommend Dr. Lai. Best is, the prices are totally within insurance recommendations. Kudos

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

Like previous of reviews moons ago, staff not as friendly as it says, guess bad day? Too bad because Dr. Jenifer is wonderful and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

Dr. Jennifer Lai

Dr. Jennifer Lai's response
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We read all the reviews posted on Rate Md. We are sorry that your experience was not to your expectation. We would appreciate to talk to you directly so we can improve our patient experience. Sincerely, Dr Jen

Submitted April 26, 2017

Dr. Lai is great. I waited to review this office till I have my dental work done. And I have to say I'm very impressed by the way they treated their patients. I had no pain and honestly minimum discomfort during the whole filling procedure. I honestly didn't even feel the needle when they give me the injection. Which is quite amazing. I didn't feel anything after the treatment either. They did a wonderful job fixing up my teeth.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

Great services and great staffs. Dr. Jen is super nice and friendly, also explained all the treatment and tests they did for my teeth, which is what I like the best. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Dr. Jennifer Lai's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Jennifer Lai is passionate about dentistry. She moved to Toronto at age 16 to pursue her dream of becoming a dentist. Of course this dream does not come from nowhere. Dr. Jennifer grew up in a dental office alongside with her mother and grandfather who were both dentists. You can say dentistry is not only a passion for her, but it is in her blood. Dr. Jennifer Lai received early acceptance into the prestigious University of Toronto Faculty of Dentistry in 2004 as a result of her high achievement in the biochemistry undergraduate program in U of T St George Campus. After receiving her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree in 2008, Dr. Jennifer has continued to further her education by taking numerous post graduate continuing education courses. She is a certified Invisalign provider, as well as be able to provide the traditional wire and brackets orthodontic treatment (Braces) when necessary. Dr. Jennifer has also been trained by some of the best post graduate dental educators in the world, including Misch Implant Institute and the Kois Centre. Dr. Jennifer has been practicing Dentistry since graduating in 2008 and treated thousands of happy patients in Toronto! Dr. Jennifer believes that every patient is unique and different in their own ways. Therefore, we should provide comprehensive individualized dental care according to each patient’s unique needs. Open communication is another vital component for optimum outcomes and ultimate treatment success. Without understanding each patient’s wants and ultimate goals, we cannot deliver the satisfaction we try to achieve. Dr. Jennifer prides herself on being a great communicator and she strives to achieve the best quality care by listening carefully to her patients. At the same time Dr. Jennifer will personally educate each patient in the specific treatment and the overall value and importance of dental health as an integral component of our overall health. Dr. Jennifer cares not only about dentistry, but more importantly she cares about how to ensure her patients are healthy, happy, comfortable, and being well taking care off. Dr. Jennifer is also an active member of the Ontario Dental Association (ODA), American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), Academy of General Dentistry (AGD), International Congress of Oral Implantologistsf (ICOI), and International Association of Orthodontics (IAO). Dr. Jennifer has lived in the core of downtown Toronto neighborhood since 1999. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her husband Ryan and their two wonderful boys Braedon and Blake. Let’s not forget about Max, her 10 year old loyal Dobe.

• English
  • Mandarin
  • Portuguese
  • French

• University of Toronto (Grad. 2008)

• Wisdom tooth extraction