Ratings for Dr. Jennifer Lai

I don't dread the dentist like a lot of people do, however even if I did I think I would feel safe in the knowledge that City Oasis Dental do their very best for their patients. From the time you enter to the time you leave everyone is so welcoming and caring. The clinic itself is also so nice which makes the visit all the more comfortable. Dr. Jen and her staff are just wonderful! I have and will continue to recommend anyone in need of care to go to City Oasis Dental!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

I feel very lucky to have found this dental office. I live around the st Lawrence neighbourhood and finally decided to make the switch since my other dentist was a bit too far away for me now, and it's time for my dental check up. I could not be happier now I'm with City Oasis dental. The staffs from front to back are all amazing. The best customer services from a dental office I have ever been to. Dr. Jen is great and very approachable, she even knows about all my concerns before I even met her cause her staffs have already told her about it from our initial phone conversation. I personally like the part of city oasis dental education for their patients best, I have learned more about my teeth in one visit than I have ever been in my entire life. It's incredible. They never treat their patients like a number, always give it the out most respect and care. Thank you City Oasis for taking care of ME.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

I have been a patient at City Oasis for nearly a year now so I feel it's appropriate for me to officially write a review. I have had trouble with bleeding gums, big pockets and just over all had trouble getting my mouth healthy. For the first time in my life after my fourth cleaning my gums did not bleed. Dr. Jenn and team had put me on a tailored perio program based on the condition of my mouth and I am finally seeing some progress. I am feeling so very grateful. Thank you for not treating me like a number as all other offices have. Eve

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

I have been to quite a few dental offices in my life. However, city oasis is by far the best office I have ever been to. The staffs are amazing. The hyginest did an awesome job on my teeth and very gentle at the same time. Dr. Jen is so approachable and very knowledgeable and professional. Hands down the best dental experience I ever had. Go try out City Oasis dental and you will not be disappointed.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

I highly recommend Dr Lai and her team to anybody looking to have dental work done. The facilities are first class, the staff are super helpful and Dr Lai did an amazing job on my teeth. If you are anxious about having dental work done, I recommend you try Dr Lai.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2017

I truly appreciate the patience and flexibility at the end of my treatment, when I had trouble with my internet access that prevented me from being able to make full payment for my procedure.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

I have been to City Oasis awhile ago. Apparently they had a flood recently so I have to go to another dental office for my emergency care. Once I have been to the other dental office, I realize I have to write this review. City oasis is awesome! Such a different and great experience I had at Oasis than any other dental office I have ever been to. I wish you fuys the best to fix the office up and can't wait to get back to City Oasis for my future care. Excellent office and will not go anywhere else ever again.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

Dr. Jennifer Lai's response
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. It has been a challenging month after the flood and we felt like we let a lot of people down by not being able to treat them at City Oasis. Feedback like this is truly is heart warming and motivates us to continue to do everything possible to make dental appointment's "enjoyable". When you come back to our office please let us know who you are so we can thank you in person!! Sincerely. Dr. Jen

Submitted July 26, 2017

Dr Jen and the team at City Oasis Dental are wonderful! The office is beautiful and is fitted out with modern technology, but the best part of visiting City Oasis is their patient care. Jen and Catarina patiently explained the treatments and what to expect during and after the procedure. Easily the best dental experiences I have ever had! I would definitely recommend to my friends and family!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Dr. Jennifer Lai's response
Thank you so much for the feedback. Appreciate you taking the time to write this. Reviews like this bring a big smile to my (and staff) face. We try our best, and hope everyone has a great experience like you. When you come back let us know who you are so we can thank you personally. Best, Dr Jen

Submitted July 26, 2017

I was very impressed with this dental office. The staff are friendly, patient, and knowledgeable. During my first visit, they went over my dental insurance coverage. Procedures were much more thorough than anything I had experienced at other dental offices. They explained everything along the way and answered all of my questions. The office itself is very nice, with massage chairs in the waiting areas and TVs in the treatment rooms so that you can watch Netflix while they work. I highly recommend City Oasis Dental!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Dr. Jennifer Lai's response
Thank you for writing this review. This is a great compliment to City Oasis and truly appreciated. Most people do not provide feedback about the experience, so when we read something like this it truly makes me and staff feel good about what we do. When you come back to our office please let us know who you are so we can express our thanks to you! Dr Jen

Submitted July 26, 2017

"You guys are super! Thank you for taking care of my teeth!".

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Dr. Jennifer Lai's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Jennifer Lai is passionate about dentistry. She moved to Toronto at age 16 to pursue her dream of becoming a dentist. Of course this dream does not come from nowhere. Dr. Jennifer grew up in a dental office alongside with her mother and grandfather who were both dentists. You can say dentistry is not only a passion for her, but it is in her blood. Dr. Jennifer Lai received early acceptance into the prestigious University of Toronto Faculty of Dentistry in 2004 as a result of her high achievement in the biochemistry undergraduate program in U of T St George Campus. After receiving her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree in 2008, Dr. Jennifer has continued to further her education by taking numerous post graduate continuing education courses. She is a certified Invisalign provider, as well as be able to provide the traditional wire and brackets orthodontic treatment (Braces) when necessary. Dr. Jennifer has also been trained by some of the best post graduate dental educators in the world, including Misch Implant Institute and the Kois Centre. Dr. Jennifer has been practicing Dentistry since graduating in 2008 and treated thousands of happy patients in Toronto! Dr. Jennifer believes that every patient is unique and different in their own ways. Therefore, we should provide comprehensive individualized dental care according to each patient’s unique needs. Open communication is another vital component for optimum outcomes and ultimate treatment success. Without understanding each patient’s wants and ultimate goals, we cannot deliver the satisfaction we try to achieve. Dr. Jennifer prides herself on being a great communicator and she strives to achieve the best quality care by listening carefully to her patients. At the same time Dr. Jennifer will personally educate each patient in the specific treatment and the overall value and importance of dental health as an integral component of our overall health. Dr. Jennifer cares not only about dentistry, but more importantly she cares about how to ensure her patients are healthy, happy, comfortable, and being well taking care off. Dr. Jennifer is also an active member of the Ontario Dental Association (ODA), American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), Academy of General Dentistry (AGD), International Congress of Oral Implantologistsf (ICOI), and International Association of Orthodontics (IAO). Dr. Jennifer has lived in the core of downtown Toronto neighborhood since 1999. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her husband Ryan and their two wonderful boys Braedon and Blake. Let’s not forget about Max, her 10 year old loyal Dobe.

• English
  • Mandarin
  • Portuguese
  • French

• University of Toronto (Grad. 2008)

• Wisdom tooth extraction