Ratings for Dr. Shantanu Kulkarni

I went in expressly to talk to Dr. Kulkarni about the MRI results he ordered, not only did he not know why I was there, he had to look at the results I brought with me, or should I say, he glanced at them. He explained nothing, did not change course of action, and refuses to be asked simple questions like: "what do these results mean?" I am currently trying to find another doctor, he makes me feel as if I have no right to understand my own conditions.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

I was looking for a pain management dr. to continue current treatment after moving to this area and made my original appt with Dr. Mark. When I arrived, I was seen by Dr. Kulkarni. He wanted to repeat all the tests I had previously. He had not looked at the current and complete Specialist's records, including MRI, that I had brought in. I explained what meds and therapies had worked presently and in the past,what had not. He treated me as if I had no clue what I was talking about. He scared me into having another MRI. After new MRI was done, he looked at it briefly then then told me I needed the same treatments that I had already been through that did not work, to include another back surgery. When I told him surgery was not an option for me, he became agitated, insinuated I was a drug seeker and walked out of the room. He left me with the impression he was coming back but never returned. An aid came back and told me to get dressed, that I could go. I feel I was treated poorly.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2014