Ratings for Dr. Ian Maxwell

Dr Maxwell is brilliant. He is delightfully eccentric, has a wide knowledge and immense respect for his colleague. At the same time he's not one of those annoying practitioners who are in the "in club" so that they never admit when someone may not be making wise decisions. He is a blessing to our life and we are so grateful for his care of my epilepsy and acoustic neuroma, which, without his referrall I would still be growing today! Dr. Maxwell will tell you the truth and treat you like you have a brain, which for a neurologist is unusual. He is up to date of the latest techniques and finds for his patients' welfare, going above and beyond what a doctor should do. We cannot recommend him highly enough. But do come with a sense of humour!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

I am in the medical field and find it refreshing to find a doctor who tells it how it is. Very knowledgable and up to date with current research and treats patient on individual basis not one treatment for all

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

Dr Maxwell is eccentric and loves to chat. Out of all the neurologists and neurosurgeons I've seen he was right in recommending holding off on surgery. I wish I had listened to him as I had surgery and totally regret it because of worse symptoms. He will not see me now because of it which I can understand but in a way that is totally unprofessional.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Do not go to this neurologist. Absolute waste of time. Horrible experience

Submitted May 16, 2017

Dr Maxwell is quite brilliant and a very interesting person to talk to. He seems to have a high level of concern for his patience and is highly motivated to find the best options for them. He is very accessible, has a delightfully helpful receptionist and has a confident fatherly air about him that makes you feel quite relaxed. Dr Maxwell may at times be a little eccentric but this is an endearing quality. I believe his years of experience in his field set him apart as well as his insistence not to place his diagnosis solely on the basis of test results.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2016