Ratings for Dr. M Alam

I was put in as urgent as it was believed i had nerve damage from a few broke bones in my leg, and the time he did see me (couldn't be more than 10 minutes) he didn't tell me anything. The whole time trying to tell me how to live my life and telling my grandmother how to control my sleeping at eating habits, he kept repeating that i go to sleep at 9pm, wake up at 6am, saying how sleeping will "solve all your problems." I bring up how i tried melatonin but it made me super groggy in the mornings and he proceeded to tell me i was lying and that if i take it at 8pm i'll be alseep by 8:30pm (which is very incorrect, since it takes longer for it to fully process/work than 20-30 minutes. His assistant did ALL of the work, examined me and talked to me for around an hour, and she was very polite, calm, and very helpful. All Dr.Alam did was tell me to sleep at 9 and that it would solve all of my back/neck problems. one of the other pain concerns was the fact i cannot walk normally without great pain and he completely dismissed it. It seemed he had no interest,care, or knowledge about anything.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

Started seeing this Doctor when I was a teenager for a rare brain and spinal condition. He didn't know much about it at all and didn't seem to care to help, he was more concerned with me losing weight at the time, and at the time I was a healthy weight and he insisted on me eating less calories and exercising more, even though despite that he would tell me I could not play sports because of my condition. He would spend the whole appointment trying to tell me how to live my life and even my mother thought it was strange and rude. I ended up having to get a referral to a neurosurgeon from another Doctor as he did not do it.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014