Ratings for Dr. Dean Elterman

I had what I thought were very severe urinary tract infections for months. My wonderful GP contacted Elterman the beginning of September asking him to see me. After many, many follow up calls from my GP’s office asking Elterman to please give me an appointment I STILL had received no call back from Elterman’s office by mid-December!! In desperation I went to the Mayo Clinic and obtained a confirmed diagnosis of bladder cancer on December 24th. So basically my cancer has had an extra four months to grow and metastasize. I know wait times for specialists are rarely brief but this is ridiculous. Would it kill them to call and say, sorry, we can’t see you for four months and here’s the date we can? Then the patient could at least attempt to search elsewhere, locally or otherwise, for a more accessible doctor if they so chose.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2020

If you are a woman, elderly or disabled, don't see this doctor After waiting 5 months for an appt, this dr never came in the room He passed by in the hall flicking his hair all the time, the resident told us he is too busy, it was my elderly mother's first and last visit to this dr Without performing a single test or exam and basing diagnosis on the form we filled out in reception/ medical history and her age and urine retention, he prescribed a catheter which we refused, easiest way to lump old disabled people together and all treated with same diagnosis Complete waste of time and energy, resident told me there is no alternative therapy, Well yes there is according to my research This dr must have x-ray vision and able to see through walls and the human body without ever taking one step into the room or conducting any tests He must have been doing something more important like taking a selfie with all the hair flicking Do yourself a favour and stay away from this doctor

flag | Submitted November 22, 2019

Not a good doctor for women. Suggest seeing a female doctor instead

flag | Submitted June 3, 2019

Dr. Elterman has absolutely no empathy and should not treat women. He would not perform a pelvic exam on me which would have ruled out a bladder problem but instead insister I needed a bladder pacemaker and showed me his photo on the internet and told me he is "famous". The wire he inserted into my back hurt so badly and he took great pleasure in turning up the dial that caused the wire to send pulses to me bladder and when I screamed "ow" he laughed and turned it even higher. I wouldn't recommend anyone going to him but if you're a woman, please find a female urologist/gynecologist. This"doctor" is chauvinistic and so narcissistic.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2019

I have no word to thank's dr dean alterman what he did to me very professional very kindly person with his wonderful team I recoverd very well for my hard illness situation thanks doctor god bless you and a lot people might want you to take care with professionality Francesco

flag | Submitted March 14, 2019

Is knowledgeable. Definitely needs to learn to be empathetic and sensitive towards his patients or referrals. In his report, he labelled me "anxious". Only an insensitive clinician would say such a thing. I suppose if he were a middle aged woman with severe menopause symptoms, I presume he would be highly anxious too. So unnecessary and inconsiderate. Outright stereotyping and possibly discrimination. Be careful with thee words you choose to describe your patients.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2019

His office staff is absolutely excellent. The doctor was very professional and knew how to help me after three years of no answers. I had surgery everyonr treated me very well and helped me through my anxiety going into surgery. Thank you for changing my life!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2019

I WOULD LIKE THANK DR. ELTERMAN AND HIS STAFF AT TORONTO WESTERN. THANK YOU FOR YOUR KINDNESS AND EMPATHY JUST BEFORE MY SURGERY I BECAME VERY EMOTIONAL AND WAS TREATED SO KINDLY BY THOSE INVOLVED WITH MY SURGERY. I AM HOME AND VERY PLEASED AS I FEEL WRLL ENOUGH FOR 30 MINUTES ONLY TWO DAYS AFTER MY SURGERY. I WAS ALSO ABALE TO MAKE THE FIVE AND HALF BUS RIDE HOME THE NEXT DAY. THANKS AGAIN! A HAPPY PATIENT!

flag | Submitted December 23, 2018

Dr. Elterman is a great doctor. He listened to my health worry, issued appropriate tests to check etc. I am very thankful to him for all this and looking after me. He took good care of me. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2018

Knowledge and helpful. Improvement required on bedside manner.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2018