Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth Ackloo

Extremely unhappy with her. Took my 8 year old son to see her suspecting he had strep. She absolutely refused to give him a rapid strep test... his throat was hugely swollen and infected.She prescribed nothing for him. I took him to another walk in clinic the same day and the doctor immediately prescribed antibiotics for a bad case of tonsillitis. She even recommended he have them removed as they were so bad. I am really disappointed with her and am hoping to find a new family doctor soon who is more knowledgeable and helpful. I don’t recommend her at all.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

Dr. Ackloo became my family doctor a little over a year ago. I've been having some reoccuring issues that we were 't able to figure out the cause of , she never gave up though. She listened carefully , did tests she thought would help before sending me to see a specalist who might have a better understanding of my situtation. I have a lot of anxiety issues and she is very helpful with that! Even if my appointment isn't for anxiety , she always asks how I'm managing. During a rough patch she made sure to get me info on counselling , tips to help myself at home before looking at adjusting my pill dosage. I feel she cares a lot about her patients,she actually cares to find out the root of the issue and how to properly handle it. I never feel rushed when at the office. She does tend to run late sometimes but really, they all do. I noticed it has taken longer to get an appointment with her lately but last time I called they let me know when she in clinic if I wanted to see her there instead of waiting weeks for an appointment. Very happy to have her as a family doctor.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

More late than not. Once in she rushes you, she loves to give out pills and “see you in 3 months”. I was so happy to finally have a female doctor but it’s very hard to talk to her. She is knowledgeable but a real chip on her shoulders. I get the sense the medicinal clerks don’t care for her either, my appointments last 5 minutes. She has no network of doctors she will send you to. You are on your own and IF you go against her, good luck - Apathy

Submitted March 7, 2018

A little concerned on not being able to get an appointment to see her. We have to wait 6 weeks before theres an opening for my 3 year old who has had a fever and swollen, inflamed tonsils for 5 days. We had to take him to urgent care because we could not get into see in to see her ( i asked for an available appt within 3 days) and urgent care said to go see our family dr. But we cant even get into see her. Maybe shes taken on too many patients. I believe Dr.s should leave a few appts a day open for call ins. I will continue to fill up both urgent cares in Bowmanville and the emergency room in Bowmanville because he cant get in to see his family doctor.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

DR. Ackloo attended to me at the wal mart walk in. Very friendly, knowledgeable and genuine! I can say there will be alot of happy families in Bowmanville under her care!!! Wow! Nice to see!!!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

An amazing doctor! Very thorough, very patient, very professional, put me right at ease.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

She is an amazing doctor and she is understanding in so many ways. So glad I found her. she is so amazing with my son also.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

Wow! I can't believe I actually have such an awesome Dr now. The fact that she trained under Dr. Osborne is another plus. She is kind, compassionate, thorough and I never feel rushed by her. What a blessing to have such a wonderful Dr. here in Bowmanville!!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

She is what this town needed. A decent listener with a caring heart. someone clone dr ackloo

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Dr. if you are reading this please stay kind, compassionate, knowledge, resourceful, empathic, trustworthy and human. Our family has struggled finding a decent doctor. We feel very blessed and grateful to have found you. Stay caring, keep treating everyone with dignity. It's rare and we are thankful for your patience in looking after us.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017