Ratings for Dr. Avita Sooknanan

Avoid this Dr! While the office is large, and tidy, reception staff good, promptness good, this Dr. is not. She does not listen to the patient, types her notes as you're trying to talk and is very dismissive. Her appointments are rushed, and she's commented numerous times how she has used her own time to review charts. I don't think she understands that Dr's may have to do so occasionally. I certainly have a bit of work outside of my normal business hours, Dr Sooknanan is quick to make judgement and fails to listen/understand test results. She will diagnosis incorrectly and make a patient's life miserable due to her actions. Patients, find a Dr who is kind, listens and makes judgement on fact, not snap decisions based on being in a 'powerful' position. My faith in the medical system is gone. Thank-you Dr. Sooknanan, I now trust no one!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2017

An amazing, kind, bright family physician! I'm so lucky to have her as my doctor! Dr Sooknanan really listens to me and is very thorough , knowledgeable doctor

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

Dropped me as a patient when I told her she wasn't listening to me. Pedantic and lacking intellectual rigour. She talks over you. Had she listened to me in the summer of 2016, perhaps my stage four, terminal kidney cancer could have been properly diagnosed. She claimed it was kidney stones. I now have (statistically)less than a year to live.

Submitted March 22, 2017

an excellent doctor who gives you her time and ears to listen...gets to know you and your family...thrilled to have her

flag | Submitted December 23, 2016

Be extremely clear and precise when talking to Dr.Sooknanan. The doctor that replaced her has discovered errors in my patient file that could have been detrimental to my health care. Not sure if the mistakes were because she wasn't listening or she confused my file with another patients.

Submitted December 20, 2016

Takes the time to listen and diagnose...very patient and understanding....really appreciate having her as a family doctor

flag | Submitted November 13, 2016

Omg. Avoid. She never makes eye contact with you and always types on computer when she sees you. Very weird. I have a lot of serious health conditions and decided to switch family doctors, she put me on the spot when i got her at the walk in clinic. Then when she didnt have an answer for my health problem she asks "what do u think we should do?" uh. Youre the doctor. Unbelievable. Turns out i had a petrussis infection

Submitted November 12, 2016

Was the ONLY patient waiting in urgent care bowmanville...she rushed thru the examination of my child....i felt she wasn't listening....never made eye contact...was quite dismissive...I work in health care....i get it but come on...slow down and SEE your patients and Listen...she was obviously smart and knows what she's doing medically....but TREAT the patient like they matter.

Submitted May 4, 2016

Rushed me out. Didn't really explain why she was sending me for ultrasound. Didn't listen to what I was telling her.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

I was very pleased with the staff and Dr. Sooknanan. I waiting a whole 4 minutes after my scheduled appointment to be seen which was a lot better then the usual 45 minutes I have waited with previous doctors. They were very quick to scheduling a follow up appointment provided a minor wait with a holiday approaching, but never the less I was quite pleased with the overall experience I had on my first visit. Dr. Sooknanan was very polite and asked many questions about myself that no other Dr has ever asked as well she had a lot of knowledgeable insite to all the questions I had for her. Once again very pleased.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015