Ratings for Dr. Nick Yardley

I CAN T SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT DR NICK YARDLEY AND OFFICE, HE HAS GOT MY BAD KNEE S WORKING GOOD,ALWAYS WHEN I CALL I GET GREAT SERVICE, I FIND YOU CAN TALK TO HIM ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS, HE ALL TRIES TO HELP. HE S ONE OF THE BEST M.A.L.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

I have several issues with Dr. Yardley. I broke my ankle in Aug 2015 and have had nothing but problems since. He said it was a clean break and should heal without any issues, use the air cast and put weight on it as you see fit. After a over a year and a half of x-rays, consultations, months of physio at his wife's clinic, 4 months of bone stim therapy at a cost of $3600 (I don't have benefits) the bone did not heal. His opinion was that I should just live with it, that it's not that bad. He is extremely arrogant in his attitude, appears to have little respect for a patient's time as he is always late, whether it is in the clinic or in his office. I went to someone else for a second opinion in December 2016 only to find out that the reason the bone didn't join was because the ends were dead and would in fact never heal. This doctor was shocked that I had been going through this treatment for 16 months for an injury that could have been rectified in the beginning had it been properly assessed and treated. Within 3 weeks I had surgery where a titanium plate was put in to hold the cleaned bone together. I also found out that there was significant debris within the ankle joint and a chip of bone had in fact broken off of the other side. Finally, after a year and a half I have no pain in my ankle. There is absolutely no excuse for the lack of proper treatment of this relatively common injury and the amount of pain, physio and money spent treating a bone that was clearly never going to heal. I would NEVER recommend Dr Yardley to anyone and I find it interesting that for every person I tell my experience to, I hear about someone else who has the same story - inaccurate assessments, slap on a cast, come back to see me in a month and by the way, here's a referral for physio (to my wife's clinic). Patients deserve better than this

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

The Doctor did not greet me, instead asked if he know me from somewhere (as he frowned). He conducted the entire appointment from across the room while continuously looking at his tablet/iPad. He asked if I could show him where I was experiencing pain and when I pulled down my sick to show him my ankle he never moved or came close to at least see where I was pointing to. He stated that my Doctor's did not send any info that he could use nor anything legible. When I offered to call my Doctor's office to inquire if they would be able to send documentation he said he was completely booked for the day and would not be able to review anything they would fax. He stated he was NOT an Orthapedic Surgeon and I should request my Family Doctor refer me to one or acupuncture. Suggestions without looking or touching my ankle? I left annoyed because I could not understand why his office called and confirmed an appointment for me if they did not receive information from my Family Doctor. When I went to see my Family Doctor later that morning to relay what occurred it was evident Dr.Yardley did receive copies of written X-rays and MRI reports because I was shown exactly what was sent to him. He was impersonal, lacked empathy and unprofessional. You only get one chance to make a first impression and he blew it.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

By the time I got to Dr Yardley I no longer had any pain and had resumed sports. He told me I needed to go for physiotherapy, athletic therapy and acupuncture at his wife's clinic. This didn't seem right so I went to my usual phsio who said I didn't need any physio at all. Looks like he is just lining his own pockets.. Beware.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014