Ratings for Dr. Jianing Yang

I love how he has a big book with the title : How to do consultations in 5 minutes or less. I dislike that he is always late and that he always changes Clinic . I think it is because he works evening and he costs the upkeep to keep the clinic open. He finishes late so staff has got to be there too. Whenever I have an appointment I just add 1,5 hours and I am there right on time, sometimes I still wait 30 to 60 minutes. I like how I can just go in, tell him what I need and he can provide prescriptions. I like that he trusts that you know what you have. It is the kind of doctor that likes when you see him once every month (Cha-ching RAMQ) rather than one annual thorough exam. All and all I think this doctor can suit many people based on their type, I know I am okay with it for now because I don't like to expose a case if I want X or Y.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2018

The post will be useful for those seeking advice about Dr. Yang and Quebec healthcare system. YES for Dr. Yang if you need numerous referrals. NO if you need a doctor who will follow up on you. And be prepared to chase him across different clinics. Dr. Yang is neither horrible nor fantastic, but he is bit unusual. Every time I saw him, he had a brand new folder with no file in it for me. He didn't remember me and always asked if it’s the first time. He didn’t check the computer for my medical history. I was a ‘new patient’ every time. It was very strange, like seeing a walk-in doctor. So unfortunately, no follow ups with Dr. Yang. Clearly, after 3 years, I decided to move on… Interestingly, Dr. Yang always willingly gave me referrals for specialists and tests. But he never called me back with results. Yet, I could come back in a month and ask for the same referrals again, and he wouldn’t even remember. Pretty convenient. Also, he changed at least 4 clinics while I was his patient. Two of them are in Montreal: Metro Medic and some other clinic on Bleury. After that, I lost track of him; I was told that he had moved once again, before I even saw him at the new clinic. 1 - Outcome? I unsubscribed from his services by calling the RAMQ. Then, I put my name back on the ‘Quebec family doctor waiting list’ (this can be easily done online. Just google it). Now I’m waiting. It might take a year, they say. Btw, you can subscribe/unsubscribe as much as you want. At the end of the day, what’s the use of keeping your subscription with a useless family doctor? Might as well wait for another one. Also, while waiting, check every once in a while on the same page online if you have been assigned a doctor. It’s 50/50 that someone will call you to inform you. 2 – How to get various referrals in Quebec where the resources are so limited, and doctors are unwilling to give you anything; when you’re still not taken serious if your pain is 5 out of 10 and they send you home with Tylenol? You pay taxes, so technically you’re entitled to have services, specialists, and personalized approach to your health needs. If they can’t manage their doctors in Quebec/Canada, you have to fight for this. You pay for this. It’s your taxes, your money. So you have no choice but to exaggerate. Otherwise, you’ll get nothing. Lie, tell them your pain is 10 out of 10, and that it keeps you awake at night. Insist on giving you referrals with X, Y, Z specialists and for X, Y, Z blood tests, xrays, etc. Do some medical research at home and know what exactly to ask for, exaggerate if not taken seriously. You are entitled to have this; fight for this. 3 – How to get to see a specialist when you need one and GPs don’t take you seriously? In many cases, having a specialist over a GP helps prevent serious health issues a lot faster. So it is ridiculous and unfortunate that we have to fight to see a specialist. Either way, here’s how. It won’t be easy, but go to a few different walk-ins, exaggerate, complain about different problems at every new clinic, and get a bunch of different referrals. They won’t know; Quebec online healthcare system with your medical history and visits is still very poorly managed. Where do our taxes go? So get as many referrals as you can. Come home, research specialists online, read reviews, find good ones, get your appointments with them, move on from there. Why do you need so many referrals? So the next time you’re really sick and you know what it is, you won’t waste your time with a GP or in an ER, but will go straight to the specialist you need to see. 4 – And this means… Recycle your referrals. Make a copy and reuse it. Keep the original. A loophole? Maybe. I’m not saying ‘abuse the system’, but ‘use your referral when you need to’. Seriously, if I’m old enough to know I need a gynecologist, why do I still have to waste my time in the walk-ins/ER over again to get Tylenol from a GP for my problem and to be sent home? I will just reuse the same referral, see a specialist, and will save a spot in the walk-in/ER for someone else who needs it. 5 – Next, don’t rely on anybody to call you back with bad test results. It’s 50/50 again. You are the only one who can care for yourself. Once done tests (blood, ultrasound, etc.) at the hospital of your choice, take a few minutes to locate their Archives / Medical Records department, fill out a form and ask them to mail your results to you as soon as ready. It can only be done in person, but it’s worth it. I am only trying to get the bare minimum out of the healthcare system. The bare minimum that I am entitled to, but unfortunately I’m not easily given. You don’t want to know how much research I’ve done to take care of myself here in Quebec. I can’t stress enough how desperate Quebec patients are. We don’t have healthcare. But we pay for it.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

Je suis d'accord avec la majorité des commentaires : aucun respect, m'a fait patienter plusieurs heures les deux fois, aucun contact visuel, apparence très négligée, n'a jamais de stéthoscope (!). Il m'a malheureusement été attribué par le système des patients orphelins. Je l'ai vu deux fois, et j'ai demandé qu'on me remette sur la liste!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Mon nouveau médecin de famille que j'ai vu une fois. Très négligé pour ne pas dire sale. Ne me regarde pas une seule fois. Ne m'examine pas. Complète son dossier. J'ai peine à comprendre ce qu'il me dit. Je ne suis jamais retournée voir ce médecin. C'est vraiment une personne qui n'est pas à sa place. Pas de rigueur, incapable d'établir un simple contact avec le patient, attente de deux heures pour le RV.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Dr.Yang a été mon médecin de famille. J'ai eu 3 rencontres avec lui. Il m'a été d'absolument aucune utilité. Le contact humain était inexistant. Il n'était pas à l'écoute. Il avait juste hâte d'en finir au plus vite. Bref, une grosse déception. Je me suis résigner à me remettre sur la liste d'attente pour trouver un autre médecin de famille.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Doesn't perform the necessary tests, doesn't ask the right questions, just writes on the rx what the patient wants without professionnal input. very bad doctor, he looks dirty and neglected...

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

À fuir. Je ne sais même pas comment il a eu son diplôme. Il n'est pas aimable, toujours enretard (2 à 3 h à chaque fois), et surtout il n'écoute pas ce qu'on lui dit. Après une interruption médicale de grossesse, il m'a demandé si j'allaitais ! Une catastrophe. Il fait payer les formulaires en cash seulement et le prix dépend de son humeur ou de notre tête ! On a fait remplir 3 documents durant trois consultations, on a eu 3 prix différents. Nous n'avons aucune confiance en lui. C'est une machine à ordonnance qui ne prend même pas le temps de nous osculter, voir de nous regarder ...!!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

No respect for patients, always late and looks dirty...

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Always disheveled wih a wrinkle stsined shirt and wet hair. Absolutely not professional. He sometimes come in the clinic over 3 hours late for his booked appointements, so many times I waited stound 4-5h to see him when i had an appointment!!! And on top of that, he was unhelpful and had zero empathy. Avoid at all costs

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

like a few people said this doctor is fast to the point . i had a foot injury too, he did not look at the injury since the most important thing was to make it to the X-ray on 10th floor because it is the definitive answer for confirming a fracture. He looked rushed and did the requisition very fast since the x-ray closed at 6pm and he didn't want to have me have waited 3-4hours to see him and miss the chance to have an quick xray upstairs, .. after I came back he did look at the injury but there was already a fracture confirmed . ... Too many people get addicted from painkillers from a simple fracture I understand that he decided not give them and manage with ice and heat and a semi cast.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017