Ratings for Dr. Kenneth Madden

My 90 year old father was admitted to VGH due to COPD and had the opportunity to meet with Dr. Madden. He showed compassion and found the right medication for my father.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

Dr. Madden is the only specialist I've been able to find who has a tilt-table test in British Columbia. This is an important test for diagnosing the condition I have (I'm in my 20s and had to see Dr. Madden despite him being a geriatrics doctor). I saw him and he refused the test, and decided to focus on my coping strategies (although I'm an optimistic young woman despite my circumstances) instead of symptom management (since he didn't know how to manage my symptoms). I'm sorry but you're a geriatrics doctor, not a psychologist. He insisted that I see a psychologist because he said (due to the severity of my condition) that "if you're not depressed or anxious now, you will be soon." I thought that I'd see the psychologist so that I could be prescribed an ADHD medication for brain fog (one of my most severe and debilitating symptoms. I've been prescribed one by a geneticist since then thankfully). He referred me to a psychologist in August 2014. Today, almost one entire year later (June 2015), my family doctor nor I have heard from this psychologist, and his staff refuses to get back to us about this. He first referred me to a health clinic that didn't have a psychologist available, so the office called me and let me know that. We called and let Dr. Madden's office know and they said they'd refer me to another one. One year and several faxes and phone calls to Dr. Madden's office from both me and my family doctor later, no appointment in sight. I've never experienced anything like this from the other 20+ doctors I've seen this year for my condition. I was suffering immensely without a med for brain fog and had extreme difficulties keeping up with my 1 online university course. Thankfully, I received appropriate medication elsewhere.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Dr Madden is patient, kind, knowledgeable. Tries to minimise adverse effects on seniors taking too many medications. Research includes the benefits of exercise for seniors with type II diabetes.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2014