Ratings for Dr. Shabana Jamal

Worst doctor in the city. Gives very small prescription amounts but will not respond to a refill request from a pharmacy for 3 - 4 days. This is for pain medication. Front office staff lie about not receiving the 8 faxes sent over 4 days. Didn't mention a disease or treatment from lab tests that another doctor spotted immediately. Unbelievable bad and rude, no concern for the patient as a person at all.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

Dr. Jamal is by far the BEST doctor I've seen in Winnipeg. After years of bouncing around, trying to find a good fit, I am SO grateful to have found her. She is attentive, caring, a good listener and never rushes me. I wish Manitoba had more doctors like her! Ones that still care. The staff is always great as well, efficient, friendly and helpful. Thank you Dr. Jamal for having a kind heart.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

I heard of Dr. Jamal -after 25 years with a doctor who didn't care -Transcona area. Dr. Jamal made appointments, did blood work, answered all my questions, discussed my current health status. Professional -yes. Did I wait 5-8 hours. No I didn't. Did the tests happen within a reasonable time frame-within 2 weeks. Yes. Did she make me wait-NO. 1/2 an hour and she apologised for the wait. A doctor has never done that ever! Was she professional and understandable-Yes. She was clear and to the point. Thorough -Yes. Courteous and Polite-Yes very respectful. So happy that I heard of her.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

Unfortunately went there After waiting 1 hour figured lady called Dr jamal is a body sitting there,No knowledge at all.I call it a body with stethoscopes around the neck. She said she have no idea(cannot figure it out) what has happened to me and direct me to reception saying talk to them and she disaapear. and this lady said hi,want to make an another appointment.busshhhhh. feels like i am going to fall on ground but this people are poor.reallly STRONGLY not recommend anyone to go there.definately reporting to manitoba health once i get better.need a answer who is reponsible if anything happen to me

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

she is rushing things out. and if you are going to file doctor letter to work, they will charge you based on which company you work. They charged me 120 dollars!! just because I work at certain company. With walk in clinic, she does not really make time with me.. Otherwise she is very nice doctor. Other thing about her, she does not give you prescriptions, instead of this, she would suggest other options.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

Dr.Jamal is the best doctor I have ever had. I love her to bits. She is so caring and kind and truly wants to help you instead of just writing prescriptions. She takes the time to listen to your issues and she does not rush you, she is very patient. If she takes you on as a permanent patient you are a very lucky person because you will have one of the best family doctors from that point on. Her staff respects her and so do her clients. She is a wonderful lady and I highly recommend her to anyone whose had a bad experience with their current Family G.P. I cannot say enough positive things about her.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2015

Corydon Medical Clinic. Dr. Jamal is very attentive. She has been more concerned in doing tests and addressing the true issue vs writing a prescription. I feel that she pays attention to us as a patient and not a billing number. Of all the doctors I have been exposed to in Winnipeg in my 39 years I feel that she has been the best by far. I feel blessed having her in our corner!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

While Dr. Jamal is very friendly and professional she is all about billable hours. I have had to leave work twice now to go to an appointment that I shouldn't have needed and I've only been seeing her for 6 months. When I last saw her I needed a refill for my birth control prescription that I have been taking for 8 years with no problems and she would only give me a 4 month prescription saying that I should be coming to see her 3 times a year. I'm a healthy 23 year old, I should not have to see a doctor that often. Especially considering that she does not do early morning or late afternoon appointments and is out of town for half the month. Also, she doesn't book any appointments more than a few weeks in advance which is very inconvenient. I think she is a knowledgeable doctor but I don't appreciate her wasting my time.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

I just started seeing Dr. Jamal as my family physician at the Corydon Medical Clinic. I found her thorough, and engaged. She is very thorough with testing, etc. I am glad to have found her as my medical doctor. My previous doctor did not listen to my concerns, etc. However, Dr. Jamal listens. Thank you.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

Dr Jamal works at the superstore clinic and is a nice lady but when it comes to her helping you all she seems to want to do os take blood she never talks about issues I have or helps me answer my problems. She does not want to help people right away she says once they are at whatever stage they are at she will address the issue.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014