Ratings for Dr. Michael Madsen

Very respected, knowledgble and always right on diagnoses. Very highly in ethics and great patient care. Was with him for 36 years, he cared for both my children and my husband too, We all miss him greatly since he retired in August 2016, but understand every one has to retire some time in life. Thank you Dr. Madsen for everything you have done for us.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2017

I had the pleasure of having this Dr. for ten years,of whom I'm eternally grateful.And this is one way of thanking him for being so professional,and saving me! I moved to the valley,and he was responsible for me getting a great Dr.again. Thank you. Waldon

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

I have been a pt for 13 years. in 2009 I had a bullseye rash fro a tick bite. dr.madsen told me it was nothing and did not treat it. well in 2014 I was diagnosed with chronic lyme disease by blood work. dr. madsen is a lovely man. very caring. he really dropped the ball on this one and let me down. had he given me 1 month of antibiotics I would not be in the condition I am today.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2015

Been a patient for many years. He's not high on tests he doesn't think are essential. He listens and gives you his full attention. Excellent GP

flag | Submitted January 17, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr Madsen's for 20 years. He has always been professional, helpful, understanding and thorough. He will only prescribe meds if he believes them to be truly helpful. I have nothing negative to say about his practice or his ability as a family Doctor. I would recommend Dr Madsen to any one seeking a general family physician.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2012

He refused to approve tests requested by hospital outpatient department heads, conceding when a consulting MD threatened to have the tests run in another city, citing his refusal in the record. Dr. Madsen wanted to medicate the problem and "see what happens". As it turned out, I had a potentially life-threatening problem, requiring surgery. If you have a specialist who has prescribed opioids, requesting one's GP to continue the therapy, and that is Dr. Madsen, good luck. He doesn't advertise that he works also in addiction medicine, but he seems to carry a negative attitude regarding the use of alcohol and opioids. Barring a miracle, my opioid therapy is "for life", and he tried to terminate the therapy after one year of prescribing. Pursuant to that, my specialist demanded that I find a new GP. When asked, he replied that "a drink or two a month" was too much. Priests take in more than that, celebrating Mass!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2012

Been patient for 20 years. Dr. Madsen is always very punctual and professional. He listens well and does not like to over treat his patients which I respect. Not really a charming guy but I don't look for charm when going to the doctor. He is quiet and reserved and caring and most importantly competent.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2011

Good guy - knows his stuff as a GP and doesn't hesitate to refer to specialists for me. He will spend the time when necessary, but too busy to chit chat.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Madsen for 10 years & find him to be very thorough. He doesn't like to prescribe medications un-necessarily which is great by me. He suggests other options that are more health friendly & actually work better. I've never had to wait more than 10 minutes for an appointment & he always has time to ask about my daughter.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2009

Dr Madsen to be does not come across as as caring as he used to be.Maybe its an old age thing!!!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2009