Ratings for Dr. Royce F. Calhoun

My wife had a nodule in her left lung that needed checking. We decided to go to Dr. Calhoun because of his specialties. What we got was totally unexpected. What a GREAT Doctor, Great Personality, Great Staff. My wife was scheduled for Lung Surgery and Dr. Calhoun definitely made her at ease. Also me too. We met with him when we arrived at the Hospital before surgery. He called me on my cell phone when the surgery started and then again when he finished and gave me an overview. I thought that was great, but then he came out to talk to me face to face to explain what was found and prognosis. When my wife got to her room, he was there. He even came back at midnight. Then, at Ten AM he was there to check her and released her. He explained everything about what to expect and what to do. At his office a week later he went over everything. Gave us copies of reports and showed a definite concern and interest in my wife's future health issues. Thanks Dr. Calhoun.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

This guy saved my life. He gave a speech to internists telling them to send patients with lung masses for excision right away- don't wait to see if it's cancer because if it is, precious time is wasted. The next day my internist found a mass in my left lung, she sent me to Calhoun. Two weeks later he removed a cancerous mass in my lung and I'm alive and well 3 years later because of it. Btw before he operated, I asked my brother, a senior professor of medicine at an ivy league medical school, to check out Calhoun's reputation and credentials. His report: "He's the best cardio-thoracic surgeon there. Sis, if I had to have this operation, he's the surgeon I would want to do it." Idon't care if his bedside manner isn't charming ( although I liked him a lot). What I care about are his surgical skills. And I'm alive today solely because of him.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2011

Can not recommend..not trained enough..no bed side manner..makes mistakes.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2009