Ratings for Dr. Faye Vargas Morris

I don't even know where to start with this review. I have been to see Dr. Faye Vargas several times and every time I left feeling very disappointed in the care I received. I have been looking into finding another Dr. I have found one that I will be seeing in January. I planned on never going to her again, but needed to get in for a visit. Today's visit was absurd. Below lists the issues with the visit. 1. When I first got there they handed me a pamphlet and wanted me to answer questions in hopes of selling me a hormonal replacement therapy. I was asked if I was done with the form and I said sorry I am not interested in this. I think it is unprofessional to have patients fill our a form in hopes that you will be able to sell them a drug. 2.They started by taking my vitals. The "nurse" if that was what she was...started asking me about my condition in an open area with others around. I felt like these were questions that should have waited to be asked in a room. 3. I asked if I could see my results from my physical that I received several months ago. This was a fasting physical and it did not have my cholesterol on it. She blamed it on LabCorp and said I will need to come back sometime. I am sorry I feel like cholestrol is a strandard measurement during a physical. This is not the first time they have messed up or failed to include obvious tests with my blood work. 3. A "nurse" came in and quickly asked me a bunch of personal questions on an ipad. She did not ask why I was there...it was weird. I felt like they were collecting data on me for some sort of survey. The questions had nothing to do with why I was there. 4. The room they put me in was dirty. There were boxes everywhere and a suitcase. It seemed more like a storage room. The "nurse" and Dr. Vargas apologized for the mess. She said they were "renovating". 5. When Dr. Vargas came into the room I told her what was going on...she basically ignored what I said...she was about ready to leave and I had to ask her to do tests that related to my condition. It was the weirdest Dr. experience ever. She seemed absentminded and quite honestly a bit out of it today. 6. This was the most uncomfortable part...she asked me to undress and left the room. She did not provide me a gown. She came in the room surprised I was not undressed. She handed me a gown and I did this weird undress maneuver while she was in the room...she then grabbed my clothes from me. This was just odd. 7. I have had the test they did many times. You usually get an answer within a few minutes. The "nurse" said they needed to send it to LabCorp and I would have results in a week. I was floored. I asked her what in the world was going on here today. She looked at me with this blank stare. Quite honestly I should have gone to a Minute Clinic or and Urgent Care. I walked out of there mad today and wanted my $35 copay back...Avoid this place. I have held off on writing a review for almost two years...but today was just ridiculous.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

Very difficult to get a response or a call back from the staff. Numerous mix-ups and confusion. Very slow response from the doctor. Not a good experience.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

I am a 59 year old female and I have never had a bad experience like I had at Atlanta Vanguard Medical at 3692 Highlands Pkwy, Smyrna, GA 678-305-1700. This was the worst physical experience I have ever had. I felt that they just took my money! I have been to clinics and received better medical checks than I received at Atlanta Vanguard. Even trying to deal with them afterward concerning a follow up visit after speaking with her staff made me not ever wanting to return. I make an appointment to retrieve my medical records because I didn't want them to keep them. Beware of Atlanta Vanguard Medical.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014